AC Ryan very 1st Android Tablet

surefire888

Reaction score
is it worth to buy $99 @ warehouse sale?:s12:

Remember these r refurbished sets n i understand some could be display sets too. A shop in SL
was trying to sell me one but i decided against it bec i think it's not worth the price. Unlike Apple which puts in a brand new battery n brand new casing for its refurbished sets, AC Ryan kept quiet about what it did except to say that the sets "have undergone inspection" which prob means they didnt do anything!

U also cannot compare the $99 against the RRP of $199 bec $199 is way too high for a single-core 7-incher today. Asus is releasing the quad-core memopad hd7 for just US$129 so a fairer price for a New ACRyan 7 would be S$149 at most, n the corresponding refurbished price shd not be more than $79. Thats my opinion anyway.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember these r refurbished sets n i understand some could be display sets too. A shop in SL
was trying to sell me one but i decided against it bec i think it's not worth the price. Unlike Apple which puts in a brand new battery n brand new casing for its refurbished sets, AC Ryan kept quiet about what it did except to say that the sets "have undergone inspection" which prob means they didnt do anything!

U also cannot compare the $99 against the RRP of $199 bec $199 is way too high for a single-core 7-incher today. Asus is releasing the quad-core memopad hd7 for just US$129 so a fairer price for a New ACRyan 7 would be S$149 at most, n the corresponding refurbished price shd not be more than $79. Thats my opinion anyway.
IMO, ACR 7" should be put to pasture...

surefire888

Reaction score
IMO, ACR 7" should be put to pasture...

I dont think they r selling new ones - just clearing their refurbished units stock. But i think they need to be realistic n set the price lower for these units bec there is so much choice out there. The only key selling point of the tab 7 is that it can support external 2.5" hdds without a separate power supply so people who need this feature may be willing to give it a try

Last edited:

digitalguy

Reaction score

Thanks bro

19degC

Reaction score
dont ever get AC RYAN andriod tablet

it SUX to the core. very slow even when it's EMPTY (no apps)

always hang, always say no internet connection when my laptop is surfing well and fast.

REGRET A LOT to waste $200. enuff said.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
dont ever get AC RYAN andriod tablet

it SUX to the core. very slow even when it's EMPTY (no apps)

always hang, always say no internet connection when my laptop is surfing well and fast.

REGRET A LOT to waste $200. enuff said.

Even there is no app its slow and always no internet connection? You can PM me your tablet serial number and i will check if you already came down to service your Tab. Can you do this? Because it might need some servicing base on the information you provided.

surefire888

Reaction score
saw this new 7.9" tablet at Challenger TB yesterday - think it was selling at $239 for members ($249 non-members)

News :: AC Ryan | Defining Digital Entertainment

no display unit so couldn't check the screen etc. plus even the official release gives no details on the chip used - just says quad-core ARM cortex; won't be surprised if it uses a cheap mediatek soc.

anyone brave enough to try after all the negative feedback on the earlier tablets by AC Ryan?

btw the relatively-new 7" ver is now marked down to $119, IIRC

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL.. this thread is still alive? Should be put to pasture long ago like some old man with his last book :D

jasoninsg

Reaction score
Slow and problem tablet......

just get mine crack on LCD glass (accidentally hit my table).

super slow..... take up to 5 or 6 mins to load a youtube video (with 150mbps wifi connection).

lot of problem since day 1, got it change for a new set.

But still disappoint by the speed and hang problem.

throwing my $450 into the sea..... (I bought 2 sets at IT show last year, Sale person told me how good it is.) Crap......

I will never buy any of AC product again.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just get mine crack on LCD glass (accidentally hit my table).

super slow..... take up to 5 or 6 mins to load a youtube video (with 150mbps wifi connection).

lot of problem since day 1, got it change for a new set.

But still disappoint by the speed and hang problem.

throwing my $450 into the sea..... (I bought 2 sets at IT show last year, Sale person told me how good it is.) Crap......

I will never buy any of AC product again.

Not even fit for 海葬. More like throwing into the longang where rats reside in tiong bahru..

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really ah....just stay away from all tablet products from AC Ryan.

Mugenboy

Reaction score
Any info on this AC Ryan Tab 7.9 which normally sell at $249? Hope to get more review before buying this tablet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.