AC Ryan very 1st Android Tablet

zzedg3

Reaction score
It comes with glossy screen protector. The box is not sealed, but we will be wrapping it then deliver to you. SD card came from Silicon Power and is not upgradeable.

In case there is a defect, changing the unit is possible. Please report it to us immediately after receiving.

Why is the box not sealed? What had be done to the product?

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Some products even state don't accept is seal is broken.
So far my purchases with HDMI cable, they don't open the seal just to put in the cable.
Could AC Ryan open the seal in the presence of the customer ?

Because we put HDMI to it as an additional accessories.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, you are entitled to your opinion if you think it's stupid.

I would prefer to listen to AC Ryan why I cannot keep it charged if there is proper cutoff. Could AC Ryan provide an official reply on this one ? Thanks.

Because the rule of averages states that the more often one does something stupid, the higher the chance that something will go wrong sooner or later. :D

Doesn't mean there's a failsafe in there means it will always be there to cover ur arse. Sh*t happens, thus the sellers will not offer stupid advice like "It's ok to leave it charging 24/7" to cover their own backsides. :D

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
If there is a defect, eg obvious cosmetic defect or even the screen is cracked, just an example, does it mean I cannot exchange with the delivery person on the spot ?

It comes with glossy screen protector. The box is not sealed, but we will be wrapping it then deliver to you. SD card came from Silicon Power and is not upgradeable.

In case there is a defect, changing the unit is possible. Please report it to us immediately after receiving.

zzedg3

Reaction score
If urgently in need, maybe can try those for Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus. The dimensions are quite close, as mentioned in post 39.

The case for Samsung galaxy tab 7 is different from AC Ryan 7 design, as there is a back camera where AC Ryan 7 does not have it, beside those plugin input at the side is also layout differently... How can we pick that case ? Not even try !! Dimensions is nothing everything....

impeller

Reaction score
:o Thanks for reminding, I forgot about the side...

The case for Samsung galaxy tab 7 is different from AC Ryan 7 design, as there is a back camera where AC Ryan 7 does not have it, beside those plugin input at the side is also layout differently... How can we pick that case ? Not even try !! Dimensions is nothing everything....

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far my purchases with HDMI cable, they don't open the seal just to put in the cable.
I doubt AC Ryan actually does the delivery themselves, in this day and age of courier companies. :D Maybe you would like to go down to their store and collect yourself due to your idiosyncrasies?

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh... If a courier service delivers on behalf of ACR, all the more, they should not break the seal.

I doubt AC Ryan actually does the delivery themselves, in this day and age of courier companies. :D Maybe you would like to go down to their store and collect yourself due to your idiosyncrasies?

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh... If a courier service delivers on behalf of ACR, all the more, they should not break the seal.
Hmmm.....then I wonder if the delivery company will charge them extra if the HDMI cable is packed outside of the box. :D

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score

Let me clarify things. By default all of our boxes are not sealed including our other player models. Therefore if you purchased the unit directly from us you cannot find one. Normally putting a seal is done by our dealers as after we deliver the set to them, they will put their own seal before they put the device on sale. Some of the superstores put security marker inside the box.

That is why I replied to you before that we will wrap it and send it to you so that you will know that we are the only authorized people who last opened and checked your device.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
If there is a defect, eg obvious cosmetic defect or even the screen is cracked, just an example, does it mean I cannot exchange with the delivery person on the spot ?

As the unit will be deliver by a private courier, changing the unit on that same exact time is not possible. That is why I did mentioned on this thread that you have to contact us immediately by our hotline or email if there is such a case that the unit you received is damage.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Ok, you are entitled to your opinion if you think it's stupid.

I would prefer to listen to AC Ryan why I cannot keep it charged if there is proper cutoff. Could AC Ryan provide an official reply on this one ? Thanks.

Hi, let me just say first that the device we are talking about is portable. Meaning you carry this around, put inside your bag, your pocket, your relative like your niece/nephew or brother/sister borrow it to play. Occasions like that definitely shows the 24/7 charging is already overruled.

But if in case your usage is different, then as per normal advice it will be at your own risk.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But if in case your usage is different, then as per normal advice it will be at your own risk.

Just would like to add a point that although it may cut off when fully charged, the battery will still discharge when not in use.

The question would be, when it hits 99%, will the device start charging again? Possibly yes, but probably unknowingly to the user usually.

It's not healthy for the battery to be constantly recharged at over 90%. This will shorten the battery's lifespan.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, I just wanted to know if the charge circuit will cut off when it reaches 100%.

Lithium batteries should not be fully charge all the time, preferably 80-90% charged. But it's worse if the battery is fully discharged. It will cause more damaged. So between fully charged and full discharged, it's better to leave it full charge if the circuit is able to cutoff. It is preferable to plug it in if one is running some apps over time instead of leaving it unplug and then the battery run down. Of course, if one is able to attend to it and monitor the battery, that would be ideal.

So, I don't think I have a special requirement, just that sometimes, I will run some app and would like to plug it in.

Hi, let me just say first that the device we are talking about is portable. Meaning you carry this around, put inside your bag, your pocket, your relative like your niece/nephew or brother/sister borrow it to play. Occasions like that definitely shows the 24/7 charging is already overruled.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
You are right... How Often Should I Charge My Gadget's Battery to Prolong Its Lifespan?

Perform shallow discharges. Instead of discharging to 0% all the time, lithium-ion batteries do best when you discharge them for a little bit, then charge them for a little bit. The table at the right, from Battery University, shows that discharges to 50% are better for your battery's long-term life than, say, small discharges to 90% or large discharges to 0% (since the 50% discharges provide the best number of cycles-to-usage ratio).

However, nobody can keep monitoring the battery all the time to 50% and then charge. But Lithium batteries can be damaged if left discharged. So choosing the lesser evil, it's better to keep it charged.

In my office, we have different types of laptop users. Those who are desk bound and those who goes to meeting and don't bring power adapters. I notice that the former, their battery tend to last longer while the latter, they need to change the battery more often.

Just would like to add a point that although it may cut off when fully charged, the battery will still discharge when not in use.

The question would be, when it hits 99%, will the device start charging again? Possibly yes, but probably unknowingly to the user usually.

It's not healthy for the battery to be constantly recharged at over 90%. This will shorten the battery's lifespan.

csc12345678

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok. Initially, I thought ACR break the seal just to put in the cable, which does not make sense to me. Thanks for the clarification.

Let me clarify things. By default all of our boxes are not sealed including our other player models. Therefore if you purchased the unit directly from us you cannot find one. Normally putting a seal is done by our dealers as after we deliver the set to them, they will put their own seal before they put the device on sale. Some of the superstores put security marker inside the box.

That is why I replied to you before that we will wrap it and send it to you so that you will know that we are the only authorized people who last opened and checked your device.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.