Acer Iconia w700 Official Thread (Folio & Dock Version)

relsirc

Reaction score
@asscl0wn: i can't really say for the w701, but the w700 had fantastic battery life for me.
i get around 6-7 hrs in 50% brightness.

Jasperjazz

Reaction score
I have a w701 with a sim card installed
everytime i sleep my tablet with the sleep button, when i unsleep it, it always loses 3g connection.
anyone facing the same problem/has solutions?

xuying_sg

Reaction score
I have a w701 with a sim card installed
everytime i sleep my tablet with the sleep button, when i unsleep it, it always loses 3g connection.
anyone facing the same problem/has solutions?

Same problem, but after updated my win8 now seems ok le. I just tested it.

xuying_sg

Reaction score
Guys I found using 1080 resolution too small, so I changed the font size to 150%, but this made some apps like chrome appears blur. Hence I changed the resolution to 1366x768 the same resolution for surface, now everything is sharp and clear.

Hope this is useful to U guys.:D

Jasperjazz

Reaction score
And is the power button's led light supposed to stay on blue when my tablet is fully charged but sleeping while connected to the charger?

bloghead

Reaction score
Hey owners of the w7! :)

I am LOOKING FOR: Aluminium tri-usage cradle with Bluetooth® keyboard for Acer Iconia W700
Condition: 8/10 and above

TRADING IN: Premium folio case with integrated Bluetooth® keyboard for Acer Iconia W700
Condition: BRAND NEW STILL IN PACKAGING

Interested, sms or call 8488 one four six five
or email bloghead@hotmail.com

Thanks
:s13:

asscl0wn

Reaction score
After contemplating carefully and waiting and waiting for haswell laptops/convertibles (which have not been released as of yet), I took the plunge on 1st July. Wanted to buy a W700 but it was out of stock and ended up getting a W701. Pleasant surprise that it came with a microSD slot! So I have used it for 2 weeks plus now.

The laptop/tablet has been giving me an amazing experience so far and battery life has not fallen short of my expectations. Keyboard travel takes a while to get used to but I can type at a pretty decent speed now I believe. Have to admit that the Surface's Type Cover wins hands down in the typing experience. Also, battery life is good enough such that I believe I can easily read PDF files the whole day with it. Only small issues I have are more of bugs in Win 8 as well as my HDD (USB2) transferring only at 1MB/sec when connected to the USB3 port. Anyone has any issues with this? My workaround is plugging a USB hub and then connecting my HDD to it which gives me normal USB2 speeds (10-25MB/sec).

Initially drove display using the VGA adaptor but I felt that it made the display look a bit blur. It was blurrer than my 4.5yr old laptop which also used VGA previously. Fortunately this problem has been solved when I tested out with micro HDMI cable which came in the mail about 2 days ago. Now everything is sharp and clear :)

128GB SSD is also small but I am glad that the W701 came with microSD. Have just purchased a 64GB microSD card and now my storage issues are solved (well, for now :p).

People complain about the bulkiness and weight. Personally, I think the minimum I would go is 11" for a laptop (I was using 15" previously hooked up to a 23" monitor). The weight compared to my previous laptop is disgustingly light. When I am bored on the train I use it to read PDF files or watch movies, but I admit to feeling a bit conscious whether people are thinking what is that giant Ipad I am holding in my hands.

I have an Ipad at home by the way, but haven't used it much since I got this. Mainly because the Ipad doesn't allow for multitasking and the start-stop browsing which I dislike.

A very satisfied customer :)

Edit: A satisfied customer until perharps a Haswell refresh of the W701 comes out giving people 20hrs of battery life! Then I will be a very jealous customer :p

And also there is this throttling issue that causes performance to decline. Fortunately, I am not a heavy graphics/photo/gaming user so it doesn't bother me that much. But I would not recommend the W701 if you are such a user as the throttling issue would definitely affect you badly.

Last edited:

nakitaro

Master Member
Reaction score
Someone asked for a solution to turn off display? http://monitores.googlecode.com/files/MonitorESLite.exe
Just lock ur account to turn off display. tested it yesterday, upon turning display off, background apps came to a halt.

I got my screen protector at newstead, brand is nikos, matt surface. So far no issues with touch sensitivity. Protector does not cover glass panel entirely for w701, not sure abt former, but it's concealed once U get a cover/case for it. So it's not that bad.

Flip cover at eBay, not amazon. Just search Acer w700 cover. Average I would say.

Bought Microsoft arc touch mouse as I want my mouse to be as slim as possible, for travel purposes. If only there's a Bluetooth version for it.

Now am still looking for a Bluetooth slim keyboard with backlight,
Logitech k810/811 or Jorno, Microsoft wedge, rapoo e6100

If anyone could provide me with info on a better keyboard, including a slimmer Bluetooth mouse, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
A very satisfied customer :)

Edit: A satisfied customer until perharps a Haswell refresh of the W701 comes out giving people 20hrs of battery life! Then I will be a very jealous customer :p

And also there is this throttling issue that causes performance to decline. Fortunately, I am not a heavy graphics/photo/gaming user so it doesn't bother me that much. But I would not recommend the W701 if you are such a user as the throttling issue would definitely affect you badly.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, is the Haswell proc in the pipeline for this W701? I am looking forward to buy one at the coming PC show.

kwokweng76

Reaction score
I have a used rapoo slim keyboard for sale at $30, sms me at 81333936 if keen

Someone asked for a solution to turn off display? http://monitores.googlecode.com/files/MonitorESLite.exe
Just lock ur account to turn off display. tested it yesterday, upon turning display off, background apps came to a halt.

I got my screen protector at newstead, brand is nikos, matt surface. So far no issues with touch sensitivity. Protector does not cover glass panel entirely for w701, not sure abt former, but it's concealed once U get a cover/case for it. So it's not that bad.

Flip cover at eBay, not amazon. Just search Acer w700 cover. Average I would say.

Bought Microsoft arc touch mouse as I want my mouse to be as slim as possible, for travel purposes. If only there's a Bluetooth version for it.

Now am still looking for a Bluetooth slim keyboard with backlight,
Logitech k810/811 or Jorno, Microsoft wedge, rapoo e6100

If anyone could provide me with info on a better keyboard, including a slimmer Bluetooth mouse, it would be greatly appreciated.

xuying_sg

Reaction score
Lag after upgrade to Window 8.1

If you experience lag (battery mode) after upgraded to Windows 8.1 try this.
Change Advanced Power setting > Intel Dyamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings> Low Power Mode Setting
Solved my problem. Hope it helps.

Btw I am selling my original polio cover (non-keyboard) for 35 SGD. If interested sms me at 90908342.
Acer-Iconia-W700-review-side-cover.jpg

It comes with the original box. Brand new, never use before.

kaede_23

Reaction score
Selling 5 months old Acer Iconia W701 128gb, complete with warranty

Hey to all those interested, I am selling my 5 months old Acer Iconia W701 128gb for S$720. Used it for 3 months during my short term posting overseas and it has been untouched since. Condition is as good as new, complete with warranty and receipt. Will throw in screen protector and casing as well. If interested please text me at 91389342.

Thanks

slapshocked

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought the Acer Iconia W700 Folio a week ago & decided to open a thread about it as no one have did it.

201303270048431.jpg

PS: The Stylus Pen is not the one that came included with the w700.

Acer's w700 Commercial (Only shows the dock version.)

w700 unboxing (Dock Version)

Some w700 Reviews:

W700 vs Surface Pro vs Samsung Ativ

Specification of the w700:
Processor: Intel Core i5-3337U
LCD: 11.6" Multi-touch FHD Acer CineCrystal LCD
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Memory: 4GB DDR3 Memory
Storage: 128GB SSD
WLAN / Bluetooth: Acer Nplify 802.11a/g/n + BT 4.0
Webcam: Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam/5MP camera
Camera: 5.0 Mega Pixel (No Flash)

Ports/Button found on the w700:
1x USB 3.0
1x Mini-HDMI
1x Charging Port
1x Screen Lock
1x Power Button
1x Volume Buttons
1x 3.5mm Audio/Mic jack

THERE IS 2 VERSIONS OF THE W700!
Folio: The one like a keyboard flip case.
6b82acer-iconia-w700p-with-folio-case-536x350.jpg

Normal/Dock: The one with a dock and an external bluetooth keyboard.
acer-iconia-w700-with-keyboard-angled.jpeg

Dock extends the 1x USB 3.0 to 3x USB 3.0

Do you know where can i get these?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.