HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Fire

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2018, 03:28 PM   #1

Amazon Fire

Not an Amazon user. A few questions:
  1. Can we buy the Amazon Fire tablets in Singapore?
  2. Do we purchase it from amazon.com or is there a amazon.com.sg or sg.amazon.com for Singaporean buyers?
  3. Do we need a forwarder with US address like VPost, Borderlinx and Comgateway?
  4. If ordering from amazon.com (US/international site), are we billed in USD or SGD?
  5. If using credit card for payment, do we incur Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), Cross-Border Transaction Fee, and Foreign Exchange Fee?
u0206397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #2

2. Do we purchase it from amazon.com or is there a amazon.com.sg or sg.amazon.com for Singaporean buyers?
  3. Do we need a forwarder with US address like VPost, Borderlinx and Comgateway?
  4. If ordering from amazon.com (US/international site), are we billed in USD or SGD?
  5. If using credit card for payment, do we incur Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), Cross-Border Transaction Fee, and Foreign Exchange Fee?
Amazon devices can not ship to SG. Must use Vpost, etc
Best is to bill in USD and let your bank convert. If you pay in SGD, bank will charge DCC, etc
newfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm a user of Amazon fire HD 8. Bought it during black Friday last year.

Ok to answer your question.

1)Yes you can buy in Singapore, lazada and qoo10 all these where the sellers probably buy from Amazon then bring in sell at marked up price to you. I don't recommend because anything wrong, hard for you to get replacement or settle warranty issue. If you buy directly from Amazon, you can ship it back when there is something wrong it's very easy one. I can tell you their customer service agent really is good and helpful.

2)I bought the device directly on Amazon and paid using cc in USD. Then I get ezbuy 'ship for me' service. I give ezbuy US warehouse address to Amazon and Amazon shipped to ezbuy. From there ezbuy shipped to Singapore. Ok la took me about 3weeks to get my stuff.

3)Charging and voltage wise, not much of a concern because the voltage thingy is internationally standard. Only downside is the charging plug is US two flat pin style so you need spend $2 maximum go buy those adapter plug for charging, if not you can use the universal adapter you bring to overseas holiday for charging purposes.
starry_starry_night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #4

Bought Fire HD 8 thru Lazada during 11.11. Not the latest but 7th Gen at 89 SGD including delivery. Delivery less than a week. No problem with charging, I charged it in SG and China.

Good budget entertainment tablet.
natas is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.