Amazon Fire TV! Say it, Watch it!

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone here using singtel aztech FG7003GRV(AC) router? i am using unotelly dns service but how to set it in the aztech that singtel gave?

denilson

Reaction score
anyone here using singtel aztech FG7003GRV(AC) router? i am using unotelly dns service but how to set it in the aztech that singtel gave?

set the dns on the device itself also can, I set the dns on the firetv stick

schlep

Reaction score
You can't change the DNS on that router. I have the FG7002GRV router and encountered the same problem. I think Singtel must have locked that feature. So, I just changed to an Asus N56U router and it solved my problem. Of course you can follow denilson's suggestion and change it on the device itself.

I've been using Amazon Fire TV for a month now. I use UnoTelly as my Smart DNS service so that I am able to stream the content from Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu Plus. The streaming is really smooth on Amazon Prime and Netflix but I do encounter a bit of lag on Hulu Plus.

To stream content from your computer's own video collection to the Amazon Fire TV, you need to have Plex installed. It costs 4.99 USD to buy the app but luckily I got it for free during the Amazon christmas app sale.

gwennliu

Reaction score
This are some other things you can do with your Amazon FireTV. i.e. You can now side load Shafa App Market from China and then install all those fantastic China TV Apps on it. Pretty cool. And the Desktop switcher from the Shafa Desktop works now. Check it out.

Mini Liew: Amazon FireTV Is The Best

You can't change the DNS on that router. I have the FG7002GRV router and encountered the same problem. I think Singtel must have locked that feature. So, I just changed to an Asus N56U router and it solved my problem. Of course you can follow denilson's suggestion and change it on the device itself.

I've been using Amazon Fire TV for a month now. I use UnoTelly as my Smart DNS service so that I am able to stream the content from Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu Plus. The streaming is really smooth on Amazon Prime and Netflix but I do encounter a bit of lag on Hulu Plus.

To stream content from your computer's own video collection to the Amazon Fire TV, you need to have Plex installed. It costs 4.99 USD to buy the app but luckily I got it for free during the Amazon christmas app sale.

dazehead

Reaction score
hi adix and anyone using the fire tv or fire stick. have you tested the miracast? windows 8.1 support is coming soon so im waiting for that. but im wondering if it works with samsung phones. I've a samsung note 3 and research of feedback so far has not been clear whether samsungs screen mirroring can work with the fires right now.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi adix and anyone using the fire tv or fire stick. have you tested the miracast? windows 8.1 support is coming soon so im waiting for that. but im wondering if it works with samsung phones. I've a samsung note 3 and research of feedback so far has not been clear whether samsungs screen mirroring can work with the fires right now.
I uses Allcast for casting

clownzee

Reaction score

Schlep, did you get the unotelly vpn as well? Decent speeds? How does it compare to the other more popular ones like HMA?

cwtanz

Reaction score

casting works most of the time with my nexus 5 phone but sometimes after exiting casting, it will not cast again. have to reboot my phone, fire tv or both device. same problem with fire stick.

for anyone considering fire stick, i suggest spending extra to get AFTV box as fire stick is quite slow in comparison.

cwtanz

Reaction score

I had to cancel Hulu as it wont run on both AFTV or fire stick. video freezes but audio continues. checkout Amazon website for many similar complaints about Hulu on FireTV devices. Hulu runs ok on my PC or Roku 3

dazehead

Reaction score
I had to cancel Hulu as it wont run on both AFTV or fire stick. video freezes but audio continues. checkout Amazon website for many similar complaints about Hulu on FireTV devices. Hulu runs ok on my PC or Roku 3

Hulu ran ok for my AFTV Stick.

shavyshave

Suspended
Reaction score

So far it work best with fire phone and amazon device. And for window 8.1. I use the chromecast.

jiawoei

Reaction score
I am looking to pre-order the new 4k Amazon Fire TV.

Anyone wants to to buy and share the shipping cost together??

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
i am unable to play videos in HD for the whole show...anyone encounter this? very bad quality videos mostly when my connection is full bar and connected to 5ghz. ISP speed is 200mbps

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.