Amazon Fire TV! Say it, Watch it!

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried to buy fire tv stick but it doesn't ship to Singapore. Very weird. It indicate as global amazon eligible but why can't ship to Singapore?

newfrog

Reaction score
I tried to buy fire tv stick but it doesn't ship to Singapore. Very weird. It indicate as global amazon eligible but why can't ship to Singapore?

I think kindle and Fire products are not eligible for export to countries without Amazon official releases like UK, Germany and Japan.

newfrog

Reaction score
i am unable to play videos in HD for the whole show...anyone encounter this? very bad quality videos mostly when my connection is full bar and connected to 5ghz. ISP speed is 200mbps

Have you solved your problem? it depends on the app or source. Mine runs very smooth.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

How come my netflix on firetv stick shows unavailable? Cannot even dl despite I have viewqwest freedom vpn

newfrog

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

How come my netflix on firetv stick shows unavailable? Cannot even dl despite I have viewqwest freedom vpn

Netflix said they were going to block some VPN service. Not sure if this is the case or something else. Try the other free TV apps to see if it works under viewqwest vpn. If they work, means netflix is blocked. I dont use the service so can't help with configuration. Find out if you can change the IP address of the VPN and try netflix again.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Netflix said they were going to block some VPN service. Not sure if this is the case or something else. Try the other free TV apps to see if it works under viewqwest vpn. If they work, means netflix is blocked. I dont use the service so can't help with configuration. Find out if you can change the IP address of the VPN and try netflix again.

Funny it works for my Apple TV. Lol!

sqgator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

If you have a Prime account with US address then u should be fine. Amazon pre-input Fire TV before sending out to you. I have Prime account with US address, no issue at all.

dazehead

Reaction score
apps on front page

I noticed that apps that were previously side-loaded now are visible and accessible on the Home under Apps. Instead of last time had to be accessed through the long steps of 'Manage Applications... Launch App'.

Love this.

Does anyone run Kodi on the Fire TV Stick though? My Phoenix channel not displaying well anymore, whereas still fine on my Windows laptop.

What are your favourite side-loaded apps to run on Fire TV/ Stick?

newfrog

Reaction score
I noticed that apps that were previously side-loaded now are visible and accessible on the Home under Apps. Instead of last time had to be accessed through the long steps of 'Manage Applications... Launch App'.

Love this.

Does anyone run Kodi on the Fire TV Stick though? My Phoenix channel not displaying well anymore, whereas still fine on my Windows laptop.

What are your favourite side-loaded apps to run on Fire TV/ Stick?

The new ver 5 software update is great. I think it makes the ftv stick more responsive. No problems with Phoenix on my ftv box but the stick had problems as you mentioned. After looking around, I realised the update must have broke the fusion repo connection. The TVaddons repo was blank. So just go to System, addon from zip, go to fusion and choose xbmchub.x.x.x file. Install that and it auto updated my Phoenix to latest version 3 and the TVaddon also came back. Not sure if it is related but it works for my ftv stick

I only use kodi, es file explorer and dropbox on my ftv. Dont need anything else :)

Spartacus

Master Member
Reaction score
Can you use the Amazon FireStick without a VPN? Just load Kodi and run it? the problem i have is that the clock on the Firestick requires a connection to a region before it can synch up properly. And even with that, I can only choose Japan Standard Time as it's the closes time zone available for selection (other than the US Timezones).

With the time synch, the Kodi updates wouldn't work. Any idea to over this time synch with the need of a VPN?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.