HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon Fire TV! Say it, Watch it!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 07:00 PM   #61
Master Member

anyone here using singtel aztech FG7003GRV(AC) router? i am using unotelly dns service but how to set it in the aztech that singtel gave?
rza29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #62

anyone here using singtel aztech FG7003GRV(AC) router? i am using unotelly dns service but how to set it in the aztech that singtel gave?
set the dns on the device itself also can, I set the dns on the firetv stick
denilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #63

You can't change the DNS on that router. I have the FG7002GRV router and encountered the same problem. I think Singtel must have locked that feature. So, I just changed to an Asus N56U router and it solved my problem. Of course you can follow denilson's suggestion and change it on the device itself.

I've been using Amazon Fire TV for a month now. I use UnoTelly as my Smart DNS service so that I am able to stream the content from Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu Plus. The streaming is really smooth on Amazon Prime and Netflix but I do encounter a bit of lag on Hulu Plus.

To stream content from your computer's own video collection to the Amazon Fire TV, you need to have Plex installed. It costs 4.99 USD to buy the app but luckily I got it for free during the Amazon christmas app sale.
schlep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #64

This are some other things you can do with your Amazon FireTV. i.e. You can now side load Shafa App Market from China and then install all those fantastic China TV Apps on it. Pretty cool. And the Desktop switcher from the Shafa Desktop works now. Check it out.

Mini Liew: Amazon FireTV Is The Best

You can't change the DNS on that router. I have the FG7002GRV router and encountered the same problem. I think Singtel must have locked that feature. So, I just changed to an Asus N56U router and it solved my problem. Of course you can follow denilson's suggestion and change it on the device itself.

I've been using Amazon Fire TV for a month now. I use UnoTelly as my Smart DNS service so that I am able to stream the content from Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu Plus. The streaming is really smooth on Amazon Prime and Netflix but I do encounter a bit of lag on Hulu Plus.

To stream content from your computer's own video collection to the Amazon Fire TV, you need to have Plex installed. It costs 4.99 USD to buy the app but luckily I got it for free during the Amazon christmas app sale.
gwennliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 11:14 PM   #65

Amazon Fire TV is now USD84.

Very tempted to order another one.
jeffng28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #66

Hi all

Can Amazon TV support any browser flash video playing?
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #67

hi adix and anyone using the fire tv or fire stick. have you tested the miracast? windows 8.1 support is coming soon so im waiting for that. but im wondering if it works with samsung phones. I've a samsung note 3 and research of feedback so far has not been clear whether samsungs screen mirroring can work with the fires right now.
dazehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #68
Supremacy Member

hi adix and anyone using the fire tv or fire stick. have you tested the miracast? windows 8.1 support is coming soon so im waiting for that. but im wondering if it works with samsung phones. I've a samsung note 3 and research of feedback so far has not been clear whether samsungs screen mirroring can work with the fires right now.
I uses Allcast for casting
kyleongwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #69

Schlep, did you get the unotelly vpn as well? Decent speeds? How does it compare to the other more popular ones like HMA?
clownzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #70

casting works most of the time with my nexus 5 phone but sometimes after exiting casting, it will not cast again. have to reboot my phone, fire tv or both device. same problem with fire stick.

for anyone considering fire stick, i suggest spending extra to get AFTV box as fire stick is quite slow in comparison.
cwtanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 07:37 PM   #71

I had to cancel Hulu as it wont run on both AFTV or fire stick. video freezes but audio continues. checkout Amazon website for many similar complaints about Hulu on FireTV devices. Hulu runs ok on my PC or Roku 3
cwtanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #72

I had to cancel Hulu as it wont run on both AFTV or fire stick. video freezes but audio continues. checkout Amazon website for many similar complaints about Hulu on FireTV devices. Hulu runs ok on my PC or Roku 3
Hulu ran ok for my AFTV Stick.
dazehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #73
Suspended

So far it work best with fire phone and amazon device. And for window 8.1. I use the chromecast.
shavyshave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #74

I am looking to pre-order the new 4k Amazon Fire TV.

Anyone wants to to buy and share the shipping cost together??
kyleongwl likes this.
jiawoei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #75
Supremacy Member

I am looking to pre-order the new 4k Amazon Fire TV.

Anyone wants to to buy and share the shipping cost together??
whats the total estimated cost?
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.