HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Android tablets stink!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #1

Android tablets stink!

Let's face it, there's no way I'm buying an Android Tablet that NOT S$150 cheaper than the cheapest iPad.

https://youtu.be/Tx7n81N45xc
iceman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
Banned

Let's face it, there's no way I'm buying an Android Tablet that NOT S$150 cheaper than the cheapest iPad.

You then stink
Glariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Yep. Apps not optimised for tablets
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:24 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Go get a Lenovo Chromebook Duet or get any tablet with a desktop mode ( e.g. Dex )

It will stink less ( much less )
Old 03-09-2020, 11:26 PM   #5

Sounds to me more of an opinionated piece. What about Microsoft building Duo off Android 10? I'm not saying what he says is not true. I can see high end tablets android and apple can compete w one another. As for the idea that Android tablets race's to the bottom end. That just give users more option.

With Apple, you pay at least 500 dollars for a new iPad. Of course you can buy used or refurbished. But the point is Apple is not interested in the lower end market. Whereas Android users have options to choose.

ckctam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 AM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Sounds to me more of an opinionated piece. What about Microsoft building Duo off Android 10? I'm not saying what he says is not true. I can see high end tablets android and apple can compete w one another. As for the idea that Android tablets race's to the bottom end. That just give users more option.

With Apple, you pay at least 500 dollars for a new iPad. Of course you can buy used or refurbished. But the point is Apple is not interested in the lower end market. Whereas Android users have options to choose.
Apple doesn't prioritise the lower end but they will continue to have them, like iphone se n ipad. In that price segment, ipad is just the better overall device.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #7

What about Microsoft building Duo off Android 10?
Microsoft's Duo is running on last year's specs - presently priced much higher than the Note 20 Ultra!

Plus, they never provided any guarantee on future Android updates.

Office Apps will be fine on the Duo, but everything else will be an over-sized phone app.
iceman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #8

Apple low end is others high end or mid range. Let's use price points bc it is more objective.

Cheapest ipad you can get brand new is around 500 dollars. If your budget is below that, too bad.

Apple does build solid products. I love the iPad mini. It was great. But it died. Now I'm looking for a new tablet. My budget is around 300 dollars. If I want to stick w ipad, then I either get used or refurbished.

Android, like windows, have a huge range of products for every price points. So I can't afford the top end tablets like Samsung s series. But their A series fits into my budget.

I don't think Apple has a bad strategy. The way they operate is diff than Android or PCs. They want to build solid products and charge a premium for it.

Apple doesn't prioritise the lower end but they will continue to have them, like iphone se n ipad. In that price segment, ipad is just the better overall device.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:12 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Apple low end is others high end or mid range. Let's use price points bc it is more objective.

Cheapest ipad you can get brand new is around 500 dollars. If your budget is below that, too bad.

Apple does build solid products. I love the iPad mini. It was great. But it died. Now I'm looking for a new tablet. My budget is around 300 dollars. If I want to stick w ipad, then I either get used or refurbished.

Android, like windows, have a huge range of products for every price points. So I can't afford the top end tablets like Samsung s series. But their A series fits into my budget.

I don't think Apple has a bad strategy. The way they operate is diff than Android or PCs. They want to build solid products and charge a premium for it.
As long as you're not using for working using Office apps n pen support, tab A is fine
Old 05-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #10
Supremacy Member

If u use ipad, you need at least tab s5e or tab s7 kind of tablet to fight its performance. Android usually not smooth and lags
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #11

As long as you're not using for working using Office apps n pen support, tab A is fine
I agreed..that's why i got the tab A a few days ago

I do love the iPad. Just too pricey for me.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

If u use ipad, you need at least tab s5e or tab s7 kind of tablet to fight its performance. Android usually not smooth and lags
Not true at this point... was true in the past... I use the Tab A, it's smooth and doesn't lag... outstanding value...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:37 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

I agreed..that's why i got the tab A a few days ago

I do love the iPad. Just too pricey for me.
Hope that you got the Korean import bro... it's at least $100 off the list price...
Old 06-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Agree... the others are engaged in a race to the bottom with wafer thin margins on low-end and mid-range products so volume sales matters... Apple focuses on high profit margins per device and sell less in volume (maybe, maybe not) than other manufacturers... but they are one of the most valuable companies in the world, so that works out too...

Eventually, the other manufacturers will move towards the Apple model since you can't indefinitely earn from volume once saturation point is met... right now there are many new markets for budget brands to break into and so it's not saturation yet... Samsung is facing the dilemma right now and they moving their products towards higher price points and margins even for their so-called entry level models... we see the pricing pressures on brands like OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei, etc... they want to be non-budget no more... only Xiaomi seems avowedly budget focused, but even then they are looking to premium sub-brands...
Old 06-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today when I see what is called mid-range, I cringe... $500-700 is a mid-range phone... $800-900 is upper mid-range... entry level can cost anything from $200-400... wow!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.