ASUS Transformer Prime

azzurri1980

Reaction score
Interesting video, the Prime looks really good running these games.

but, the video description state the emulator that they are running are for SuperNintendo, N64 and PSone so I think its not really PS3 game?

Is there a PS3 emulator app for Android yet? hehe but I cant imagine the amount of disk space each BD PS3 game will need

fre3dom85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if prime is able to play ps3 games without lagging through emulation, cell processor for ps3 is useless compare to the tegra 3 chips

Acid_Android

Reaction score
if prime is able to play ps3 games without lagging through emulation, cell processor for ps3 is useless compare to the tegra 3 chips

LOL. If dats possible i wldn't be buying one ps3 to play my games. Wud be hooking up my Prime to TV tru HDMI alr. And how u gonna get ur BD inside ur prime? LOL

azzurri1980

Reaction score
I cancelled my pre-order with B&H... now I think I will just wait for local release...too discouraged...

mcalel

Reaction score
Possible to make it into a media to play mkv or rmvb file? What type of software can I use, I have a NAS anyway to link it to ethernet. dont like wifi as my movie file some are 20++ gig.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Possible to make it into a media to play mkv or rmvb file? What type of software can I use, I have a NAS anyway to link it to ethernet. dont like wifi as my movie file some are 20++ gig.

Today in SLS, I noticed a shop that sells some media box that allows you to port the tablet to TV and use it as a media hub... 3rd floor I think, some Android shop... check it out.

aniMAXXX

Reaction score
They're using a PS3 controller to play a PS3 game that's running on an emulator off the Prime.

the controller is from PS3, the games you see are not, those are some games from tegra zone, the shooter game you see that looks like gear of war is called Shadowgun THD, google it.

I have the tablet for a week now, though is running Android 3.2.1, ICS on OTA update.
Asus is from Taiwan, and you guys ordering from Amazon... thats a long, indirect order.

primep.jpg

Wallace14

Reaction score
When traveling oversea, in some hotel room there isn't any wifi and only provide LAN cable. How do I get connected in this situation?

surefire888

Reaction score
When traveling oversea, in some hotel room there isn't any wifi and only provide LAN cable. How do I get connected in this situation?

if the hotel room has wired internet access then just use a portable wireless router

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
the controller is from PS3, the games you see are not, those are some games from tegra zone, the shooter game you see that looks like gear of war is called Shadowgun THD, google it.

I have the tablet for a week now, though is running Android 3.2.1, ICS on OTA update.
Asus is from Taiwan, and you guys ordering from Amazon... thats a long, indirect order.

primep.jpg

Where did u get ur Prime? How much is it? Warranty international? Standard Sg power supply?

Hee hee....asking too much question :D:D

aniMAXXX

Reaction score
Where did u get ur Prime? How much is it? Warranty international? Standard Sg power supply?

Hee hee....asking too much question :D:D

From a Taiwan reseller, 800SGD when i pre ordered and paid full in late november and waited...=.=; then another 50+SGD for GST
got it before christmas, so that was great.

Don't think got international warranty.... my game consoles, my current CPU processor, all my phones and this my first tablet all I buy online, no far none spoilt, least for 3~5 years gadgets/TVs/PC stuffs I keep before selling/giving off.

Power adapter is US type, seller, provided adapter. local units will have likely come with Euro type. (2 Pins, Live/Neutral)
I have 3rd party adapter too, but so far, I only carry the tablet around and back home least 30+% left, most time browsing web, PDF Documents, shoot email, some THD gaming... and "Where is my water?" game :p
(phone telhering).

my review:
if your want something different from iPAD2, this is the thing, but better screen, hardware IO support, watching 1080p videos from PC w/o any conversion kicks ass.
Games, so far visually/graphically only ShadowGun THD seems to make tegra 3 worth it, others are okay...
Ram management/multi tasking not very good as i expected doe proclaimed ~5x performance of Tegra2.. (Ram is 1GB, think more ram memory would have been better)
hope to see Icecream sandwich update improves things and more games/apps taking advantage of this hardware.

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh, nice tablet. Proud user of TFT. Hee hee.

Very tempting upgraded spec as compared to TFT.

azzurri1980

Reaction score
From a Taiwan reseller, 800SGD when i pre ordered and paid full in late november and waited...=.=; then another 50+SGD for GST
got it before christmas, so that was great.

Don't think got international warranty.... my game consoles, my current CPU processor, all my phones and this my first tablet all I buy online, no far none spoilt, least for 3~5 years gadgets/TVs/PC stuffs I keep before selling/giving off.

Power adapter is US type, seller, provided adapter. local units will have likely come with Euro type. (2 Pins, Live/Neutral)
I have 3rd party adapter too, but so far, I only carry the tablet around and back home least 30+% left, most time browsing web, PDF Documents, shoot email, some THD gaming... and "Where is my water?" game :p
(phone telhering).

my review:
if your want something different from iPAD2, this is the thing, but better screen, hardware IO support, watching 1080p videos from PC w/o any conversion kicks ass.
Games, so far visually/graphically only ShadowGun THD seems to make tegra 3 worth it, others are okay...
Ram management/multi tasking not very good as i expected doe proclaimed ~5x performance of Tegra2.. (Ram is 1GB, think more ram memory would have been better)
hope to see Icecream sandwich update improves things and more games/apps taking advantage of this hardware.
wow, grats on getting ur hands on it hehehe

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.