China Tablets to recommend

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just updated my Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 to Android 11... better late than never... don't really know what's the difference except the eye protection mode is calibrated to be very much more yellow/orange than previously... I haven't had time to use the tablet since I updated it...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For xiaoxin tab pro 2021 how is the software support for ZUI? Is ZUI good?

For the oled screen, is there an issue with pentile display present in the 730g tab tablet?

Why choose xiaoxin pad pro over mi pad 5?
From my awareness, I used the ZUI ROM on my Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 for a while before flashing to the global ROM... it works very well, very nice also... I trawled the China and Taiwan forums for this tablet and found from the comments of users that Lenovo kept pushing out minor updates to address the users' issues... apparently the software support from Lenovo China is very responsive... and the ZUI ROM had many minor quality of life issues fixed within 2-4 weeks of its launch...

I use my tablet to read Straits Times every morning before I go to work... I read it landscape and find it ok... I usually read the PDF version and zoom in quite a lot... almost to maximum zoom... I also read websites like football news or HWZ in portrait and also find it ok... I don't find the text blurry as many have complained... maybe my eyesight not good enough to detect that lor...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway for those contemplating between buying China ROM OR Global ROM... the ZUI OR China ROM supports Google Mobile Systems or GMS out of the box... so don't need to buy 'fake' Global ROM from sellers who are unscrupulous...

Dorkable

Reaction score
Whereas I, on the other hand, hated my Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020's Pentile Oled display so much I had to sell it off. Coz it was hurting my eyes reading text and all on screen, hee. I much prefer my Samsung Tab S6's Super Amoled display for sure 😅

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I just updated my Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2020 to Android 11... better late than never... don't really know what's the difference except the eye protection mode is calibrated to be very much more yellow/orange than previously... I haven't had time to use the tablet since I updated it...

Lol. Yeah. I updated my mi pad 4 to Android 11 custom ROM and cannot really tell what is new. Eventually I flashed it back to Android 10. (Currently all Android 11 custom Roms for mi pad 4 have a lot of bugs and not use able for day to day use)

glorygoh

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah. I updated my mi pad 4 to Android 11 custom ROM and cannot really tell what is new. Eventually I flashed it back to Android 10. (Currently all Android 11 custom Roms for mi pad 4 have a lot of bugs and not use able for day to day use)
My mi pad 4 the battery bloated, the whole tablet pong pong, didnt dare to use anymore, later ji ba boom in my face

znltan

Reaction score

Would you be able to share which Android 10 custom ROM you are using and good for day to day use?
Asking for Mi Pad 4 LTE which is stucked at Android 8.
Thank you.

znltan

Reaction score
My mi pad 4 the battery bloated, the whole tablet pong pong, didnt dare to use anymore, later ji ba boom in my face

Consider replacing it with a new battery at repair shop and it should be usable again?
It is a waste since there is no other hardware issues faced.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
I see no point for the Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 to be flashed with global rom. I am using CN rom for the 2021 pad pro. No issue with L1 widevine and OTA update. Regret buying the keyboard. The trackpad tracking is so bad that its unusable.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Would you be able to share which Android 10 custom ROM you are using and good for day to day use?
Asking for Mi Pad 4 LTE which is stucked at Android 8.
Thank you.

I think lineage and bliss are the best Roms for day to day, but I prefer bliss over lineage as it's a lot smoother and do not stutter in gaming like lineage do.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...oms-v12-10-clover-mipad4-mipad4-plus.4038271/
Ota updates no longer work though, since most Android 10 development had stopped and most developers are moving to Android 11. But its still good for day to day use.

Do not use the NikGapps. After flashing it, Google play services keep crashing. Use opengapps pico instead.

znltan

Reaction score
I think lineage and bliss are the best Roms for day to day, but I prefer bliss over lineage as it's a lot smoother and do not stutter in gaming like lineage do.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...oms-v12-10-clover-mipad4-mipad4-plus.4038271/
Ota updates no longer work though, since most Android 10 development had stopped and most developers are moving to Android 11. But its still good for day to day use.

Do not use the NikGapps. After flashing it, Google play services keep crashing. Use opengapps pico instead.

Thank you for sharing the user experiences of using different Android 10 custom ROMs.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
I see no point for the Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2021 to be flashed with global rom. I am using CN rom for the 2021 pad pro. No issue with L1 widevine and OTA update. Regret buying the keyboard. The trackpad tracking is so bad that its unusable.
wa the keyboard so bad? was thinking of getting it. Also looking at taobao. got those magnetic bluetooth keyboard with case that cost ~30+ only

SupremeLord

Master Member
Reaction score
oh noooo so far those youtube reviews on the keyboard and touchpad ok leh
what exactly and how is it unusable ah?

glorygoh

Reaction score
Rcv my pad pro 2021 last nite and loaded up all Gapps and setting up til like 3am. Lol. Its nice, same premium feel as S7/ S7+. China ROM. ZUI was not too bad, acceptable (at least better than my M8). SD870 is blazing fast, screen is crisp.
Got 2x ota updates (but im still as June's security update though, dunno why). The kb tactile feedback is comparable to my S7, (need to find out how to add chinese lang).

Overall, its a good buy considering its price and specs, for those ppl on the fence, just get it, buay song sell next time, minimal damage nia. Carouselling 599 are nonsense. Just buy frm shoppee cheaper.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rcv my pad pro 2021 last nite and loaded up all Gapps and setting up til like 3am. Lol. Its nice, same premium feel as S7/ S7+. China ROM. ZUI was not too bad, acceptable (at least better than my M8). SD870 is blazing fast, screen is crisp.
Got 2x ota updates (but im still as June's security update though, dunno why). The kb tactile feedback is comparable to my S7, (need to find out how to add chinese lang).

Overall, its a good buy considering its price and specs, for those ppl on the fence, just get it, buay song sell next time, minimal damage nia. Carouselling 599 are nonsense. Just buy frm shoppee cheaper.
Adding Chinese language should be based on the OS Language Input section... nothing to do with the keyboard. If you set up the tablet to switch languages on the fly, then the globe key would to pop up the language options for you to choose.

glorygoh

Reaction score
Adding Chinese language should be based on the OS Language Input section... nothing to do with the keyboard. If you set up the tablet to switch languages on the fly, then the globe key would to pop up the language options for you to choose.
Cannot, the add languages in kb setting (be it virtual or physucal kb) aint got chinese.

My work around is i d/l google keyboard and add chinese, now both on-screen and physical kb got chinese liao, and pressing the globe button works too~!

glorygoh

Reaction score
One thing i dont like is their File Manager, very very basic, no cloud acct linking like GDrive & OneDrive. unlike Samsung's My Files, can link these few. Had to d/l Astro File manager to have these. Sigh.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
My XiaoXin PadPro 2021 seems to have screem dimming and contrast issue when in low brightness while watching show and screen keep flickering on the contrast. cannot display black color properly.

Happens when the screen is at low brightness while watching in dark environment. when brightness is high, dont have this issue.

IvCZ4WF.jpg

anyone have issue install netflix also? it shows as device not compatible for me. device already up to date. china rom

The flickering issue is only for Netflix or all video app? Might have a solution for the flickering contrast.

glorygoh

Reaction score
My XiaoXin PadPro 2021 seems to have screem dimming and contrast issue when in low brightness while watching show and screen keep flickering on the contrast. cannot display black color properly.

Happens when the screen is at low brightness while watching in dark environment. when brightness is high, dont have this issue.

IvCZ4WF.jpg

anyone have issue install netflix also? it shows as device not compatible for me. device already up to date. china rom
I dont hve the black issue.
I dont have the netflix unable to install issue. I installed via playstore and its L1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.