HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

China Tablets to recommend

Like Tree646Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #7681
Arch-Supremacy Member

shag.. so which would you recommend to buy?
You decide... do you use Netflix at all? I don't, so no issue to me... but if I were to view videos, I must watch them at HD (720p) or full HD (1080p)... I like very sharp images when viewing pictures or videos... and data usage not important cos you're on wifi...

Anyway, today tried using the iPlay20 with Zoom... about 50 people in the meeting... cannot make it... videos don't play properly, and audio not very clear - come on and off like that... according to my mum... so maybe the processor not powerful enough for large online meetings... if online meetings not important, then moot lar...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #7682
Arch-Supremacy Member

Except for more established tiong brands like Huawei and xiaomi don't expect the smaller players to have widevine lv1

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9T PRO using GAGT
From the YouTube video posted above, apparently having L1 DRM isn't a cost issue... there's no fee to pay... so it is either the company missed out on it, or users of the tablets don't bother with HD content cos of data issues... but it's good to have and if you don't want the data penalty of HD, can always select SD leh...
Old 02-08-2020, 06:48 PM   #7683
Arch-Supremacy Member

wait for seller bestgreen bah, he'll have stock next/ the week after
Thanks, yeah will try to wait patiently and see how big the price difference is.
justln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #7684
Master Member

From the YouTube video posted above, apparently having L1 DRM isn't a cost issue... there's no fee to pay... so it is either the company missed out on it, or users of the tablets don't bother with HD content cos of data issues... but it's good to have and if you don't want the data penalty of HD, can always select SD leh...
If you talk about Netflix, then it is more a Netflix issue. Netflix does not want to work with small vendors.

It is the same situation for Android TV OS based boxes, among Chinese vendors, only Xiaomi gets the certificate to have Netflix HD/4k. Vendors like Minix and Mecool get Android TV OS certification and Google Widevine DRM Level 1, but still no Netflix HD/4K.

Last edited by xiaofan; 02-08-2020 at 07:18 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:26 PM   #7685
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks, yeah will try to wait patiently and see how big the price difference is.
So far bestgreen is still the cheapest for the 4/64 + shop coupon

Just Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #7686
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually it looks ok with SD on my mipad 4.

Old 02-08-2020, 07:30 PM   #7687
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow! From where? That's cheap!
I just need a simple one for e-reading/light surfing/occasional videos.
Can try waiting for Amazon sales, the new 2020 Fire HD 8 is quite ok, I bought for 60 USD, use a PC program remove almost everything become stock Android, don't even have Calender.
justln is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:55 PM   #7688
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can try waiting for Amazon sales, the new 2020 Fire HD 8 is quite ok, I bought for 60 USD, use a PC program remove almost everything become stock Android, don't even have Calender.
Don't really fancy the fire OS. Too heavily customized and certain apps just don't work properly with it and my previous gen of the fire hd 8 touchscreen just abruptly stopped working. When I tried a factory reset it worked fine for a while and died again so I can't even pinpoint the exact fault

Old 02-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #7689
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually it looks ok with SD on my mipad 4.

Mine very pixelated leh... cannot watch at all... I don't know why also...
Old 02-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #7690
Arch-Supremacy Member

So far bestgreen is still the cheapest for the 4/64 + shop coupon

Agree... just wait patiently lar... but price may increase though...
Old 02-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #7691
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you talk about Netflix, then it is more a Netflix issue. Netflix does not want to work with small vendors.

It is the same situation for Android TV OS based boxes, among Chinese vendors, only Xiaomi gets the certificate to have Netflix HD/4k. Vendors like Minix and Mecool get Android TV OS certification and Google Widevine DRM Level 1, but still no Netflix HD/4K.
I see... Netflix is annoying like that...
Old 02-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #7692
Supremacy Member

Don't really fancy the fire OS. Too heavily customized and certain apps just don't work properly with it and my previous gen of the fire hd 8 touchscreen just abruptly stopped working. When I tried a factory reset it worked fine for a while and died again so I can't even pinpoint the exact fault

I dun like fire os force feed you ads drain battery to flat on standby. Irritating, dead when you try to use it.

Last edited by magixz; 02-08-2020 at 09:47 PM..
magixz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:49 PM   #7693
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dun like fire os force feed you ads drain battery to flat on standby. Irritating, dead when you try to use it.
Did you try the toolbox app? It can disable lock screen ads

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/development/official-amazon-fire-toolbox-v1-0-t3889604

Old 02-08-2020, 10:54 PM   #7694

hmm now I'm contemplating between iPlay20 and galaxy tab a 10.1 3gb ram... I value HD vids quite a bit but the price difference is quite huge...

how's social network surfing on both? e. g. Facebook, Instagram, tik tok
gong318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #7695
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmm now I'm contemplating between iPlay20 and galaxy tab a 10.1 3gb ram... I value HD vids quite a bit but the price difference is quite huge...

how's social network surfing on both? e. g. Facebook, Instagram, tik tok
if you have your own videos then iplay is enough. if you stream netflix then you need galaxy tab
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.