Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Huawei T5

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Teo Ming Ern

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #1

Lightbulb Huawei T5

Hi all

I was interested with Huawei T5 Tab https://consumer.huawei.com/sg/tablets/mediapad-t5

Are there any problem when using app download from google play store like Gmail app ?

Thank
falcon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Hi all

I was interested with Huawei T5 Tab https://consumer.huawei.com/sg/tablets/mediapad-t5

Are there any problem when using app download from google play store like Gmail app ?

Thank
T5 is still Google supported. Good news is can install app into microsd, as opposed to T3.

Still using microUSB as charging port, though. And if they are not upgrading it to Android 10, then you are stuck with EMUI 8 for till you get another tablet. But worth with the price point, worth buying.

If you have the budget, I would recommend you to get Mediapad M6. I am using M6 and lovin' it. 4gb ram, 128gb internal mem, USB Tpe C port, magnetic keyboard cover, Andorid 10.

Only down side is you have to self install Google Service.

Last edited by eeLsinneD; 17-02-2020 at 11:10 AM..
eeLsinneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #3

Was there a recent promo with T5? There are quite a few sellers letting it as low as 260 whereas major retail store selling it at 300+?

Also, keen to get this for simple media entertainment eg YouTube. Is it good enuff? TIA
HAN GAOZU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was there a recent promo with T5? There are quite a few sellers letting it as low as 260 whereas major retail store selling it at 300+?

Also, keen to get this for simple media entertainment eg YouTube. Is it good enuff? TIA
Definitely good enough... look out for promotions... I don't think Huawei Singapore will bring in the later tablets without GMS anymore... so this will be the latest tablets available from Huawei and they're likely to plug it until end of life... I think update to Android 10 is in the pipeline... just have to wait maybe cos this tablet is not under the banned list as it was launched earlier...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #5

I see promotion giving the case. Is the case addition or comes with the tablet ?

What's the difference between M5 and T5 ?

Thanks very much.
GoodBetterBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see promotion giving the case. Is the case addition or comes with the tablet ?

What's the difference between M5 and T5 ?

Thanks very much.
The case is a free gift lar... so it doesn't come with the tablet. The M5 is the flagship tablet in 2018, so it's much more powerful than the T5 which is the entry level tablet. The mid-range is the M5 Lite.
Old 31-08-2020, 12:06 PM   #7

The case is a free gift lar... so it doesn't come with the tablet. The M5 is the flagship tablet in 2018, so it's much more powerful than the T5 which is the entry level tablet. The mid-range is the M5 Lite.
Thanks very much. Last time, I bought a tablet, Samsung gave me a case and the shop also gave me one. So I thought for tablet, they give cases. ha ha..

Thanks for highlighting M5 Lite. Will look into this, but worry, the Google GMS and Playstore whether will be available for this in the future.

Thanks very much.
GoodBetterBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks very much. Last time, I bought a tablet, Samsung gave me a case and the shop also gave me one. So I thought for tablet, they give cases. ha ha..

Thanks for highlighting M5 Lite. Will look into this, but worry, the Google GMS and Playstore whether will be available for this in the future.

Thanks very much.
For the 5 series, no worries... sure got Google Play Store availability until the tablet dies... what is not known is whether Huawei will put in resources to update the operating system to Android 10... there is some indication that the LTE model in Europe has gotten Android 10... but there's no news in Singapore at all... after all this is a 2018 tablet... and this also actually doesn't matter since all Android apps still work with older operating systems... my Sony Tablet Z which I bought in 2014 and just retired both last year, runs on Android 7 Nougat and all the apps still get updated and run without problem... so I think for the M5, M5 Lite & T5 also shouldn't have any problems...
GoodBetterBest likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.