HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #256
Arch-Supremacy Member

beside cant update..any issue making the tablet usable?
To add-on will security be an issues as well?
ZrE0_Cha0s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:25 PM   #257

Other than the below issue, so far it is working fine.

1) Youtube version is very old and google is mark it unsafe.
2) Smartnote is also mark as unsafe, dunno what it is.
3) Keep on asking for update, which will failed after download and install.
4) Headphone jack issue with the sound. cannot hear clearly on conversation from headphone jack.

The spec wise is good, just have above issue. I am more happy if they give us the original firmware(without google store).
Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #258
Arch-Supremacy Member

For almost 1/3 of what Lenovo is charging here.. I'll say it's pretty worthwhile
Just Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:46 PM   #259

The xda guy encountered similiar issue- out dated youtube- he replaced with the newer one, OTA failed- system recovery image is 8804_PRC while OTA push is 8704_ROW..

For android, what security level can be expected and rooted some more..although its security feature has been improved over version upgrade..but just has to be realistic - price vs all concerns..

https://forum.xda-developers.com/thi...6#post75335086

Quoted from the XDA expert
"
System Updates (OTA)
In order to successfully apply Lenovo system updates after root you have to restore the original boot, recovery (if you flashed TWRP) and system partitions from your current installed version (e.g. S000037) for your variant of the tablet. This will NOT delete your apps and data but will unroot. Note that OTAs are block based and always check the contents of most of the partitions. This means that all of these partitions (except your data) have to be original and have to be on the exact same version (e.g. S000037) for the update to succeed.
"

Last edited by hotpick; 12-02-2018 at 09:14 PM..
hotpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #260

4) Headphone jack issue with the sound. cannot hear clearly on conversation from headphone jack.

The spec wise is good, just have above issue. I am more happy if they give us the original firmware(without google store).
Thanks for the details. Headphone audio problem will be a deal killer for me, think maybe I will cancel the order, may I know how bad is it?
caterham7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #261
Arch-Supremacy Member

See if this is the same seller, Atrix, at the earlier Qoo10 Suntec Show..got feedback from one of the bro/sis here at post #190

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/featu...ning-jan-25-28
I was there, but the so call tab 4+ is quite different from the one I saw in HN and Lenovo show room at Bugis shopping center.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #262

u buy from official lenovo singapore or the export set...??

i thinking of export set cos cheaper and i dun mind 3GB/16GB version but i worry about the custom ROM whether it'll be problematic or not...

regards,
wacky
The local set of course. After combing through threads on XDA forum, it doesn't seem like any breakthrough is imminent.
mavicaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:27 PM   #263

Hi all, I'm looking to get tab 4 plus, just wanted to ask around if there is a compatible stylus I can get to use the tab with?
parallelyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #264

Hi all, I'm looking to get tab 4 plus, just wanted to ask around if there is a compatible stylus I can get to use the tab with?
Possibly an Adonit passive type with the round disc. I tested an active stylus from carousel it didn't work well.
joytest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #265
Supremacy Member

i happened to purchase one.

tio skem

where can i download original xiaoxin china rom and flash it? very skeptical on this!
From atrixdynamics? But both 8704 and 8804 have similar specs so I guess hardware wise performance should be quite similar. I would rather get the stock 8804f rom and install gapps myself. Wonder if there's anyway to get the seller to leave it on stock ROM.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #266

Hi guy where I can purchase the lenovo tab 4 plus 10.1 lte/wifi prefer white colour I check lenovo site no stock any advise thank.
katoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #267
Arch-Supremacy Member

You mean YouTube cannot be updated via play store?
Just Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #268

From what i observed on the lenovo china site, the tab4+ hardware platform has morphed into several series.

P8 or tab3 8 +
xiao xin tablet
tab4+

all having the same spec
mobile2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #269

If you know how to root the device, you can remove and re-install youtube via playstore to resolve the problem and also get rid of all the bloatware.

Also need to update the google play services.
Nisse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #270

Already rooted mine successfully, remove and re-install to the latest version of youtube and remove the smartnote app that I don't need. Also able to add put another 128GB SD card and configure it as internal storage to install apps.

Now, I'm trying to upgrade the ROM to the latest version. Apparently, the set was original PRC ROM flashed with ROW ROM which is causing the OTA updates to fail.

Still, I'm happy as it's Android Nougat even without the updates and my gaming apps are running smoothly without any lags. Antutu benchmark is 76000 which is awesome for such a low-cost tablet.

And for the price of $150 for a 4/64GB with Snapdragon 625 and 802.11ac, really nothing to complain for. It has got the same specs as Xiaomi 4X but the latter is a 5.5" screen phone and cost about $200 (with LTE though)

The only not so nice part is the screen is only IPS 1900 by 1200. I have come across lower cost tablet with retina display which is much much better.

You just need to know how to mitigate the O/S but at the risk of getting your device bricked. Otherwise, get the original unit from authorized stores to enjoy all the warranty and hassle-free issues.

You pay what you get. Don't get this tablet if you are fussy and non tech-savvy.

Thanks for the details. Headphone audio problem will be a deal killer for me, think maybe I will cancel the order, may I know how bad is it?
If you know how to root the device, you can remove and re-install youtube via playstore to resolve the problem and also get rid of all the bloatware.

Also need to update the google play services.
Nisse75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.