HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #301

Yeah not sure how they managed to sell it so cheap. Saw the review by TechTablets, he paid over 200USD for it.

Both have similar specs, 625, 1200p ips display, fingerprint sensor. U believe xiaoxin is for China only. Tab 4 Plus is for ROTW. But xiaoxin back is made of plastic instead of glass on the Tab 4 Plus.

Not sure whether brand new, used or refurbished. But it came applied with a screen protector. The box has no label whatsoever. Maybe they used the box of refurbished Tab 4 Plus?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 5 PLUS using GAGT
If it is a new set, $103 is definately a good buy even for a Wifi version...It is very common for China consumer to return their mobile device set especially for those buy from JD (nick name 二手东)and Taobao..thus lots of return set (in different grades) floating around their market..

From user here and Xda forum, seems like these sellers are just simply flash the 8704 rom over to XiaoXin tab (8804) whereas its recovery img still remain as 8804 thus fail the OTA that comes as 8704..apparently they dun have a way to install the google gapps on the China set and just simply make use of the 8704 global rom instead and they dun test the set and just ignore those reported youtube n sound issue.

Last edited by hotpick; 21-02-2018 at 05:42 PM..
hotpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #302

for the 16gb version, how much left is usable?
If I recall correctly, about 9GB. But I added a 32GB card and configured as system memory, so no problem with ROM memory there.

FYI, when you insert a memory card, you will be prompted whether to setup as system memory or external removable memory.
kwsam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #303
Supremacy Member

If I recall correctly, about 9GB. But I added a 32GB card and configured as system memory, so no problem with ROM memory there.

FYI, when you insert a memory card, you will be prompted whether to setup as system memory or external removable memory.
Last time I setup at system memory, seems like very sluggish. Is there a stylus for Lenovo tab 4 Plus? I am told there is a stylus version
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #304
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the clarification, i will seriously consider getting it from amazon then as i do not require high spec but i need more memory.
creative11112004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #305

Last time I setup at system memory, seems like very sluggish. Is there a stylus for Lenovo tab 4 Plus? I am told there is a stylus version
Yes, you need a higher speed micro sd card. Otherwise it can get a little sluggish for those apps that are installed on the sd card. The latest high speed sd card should be ok.

I have not come across any stylus for the Tab 4 10 Plus.
kwsam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #306
Supremacy Member

Yes, you need a higher speed micro sd card. Otherwise it can get a little sluggish for those apps that are installed on the sd card. The latest high speed sd card should be ok.

I have not come across any stylus for the Tab 4 10 Plus.
Any recommendation for SD card?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 09:53 PM   #307
Arch-Supremacy Member

can read up this for more insight on which mircosd card is right for your tablet:

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/featu...t-microsd-card

ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #308
Supremacy Member

A U3 card if possible.

Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 10:27 PM   #309

Got google play store or not?
cosycatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 10:54 PM   #310
Supremacy Member

Got google play store or not?
Yes there's Google Play Store. I'm able to install apps like AnTuTu & CPU-Z on it. But YouTube dose not work. Keep on crashing. Told the seller about it and he told me to bring it back for him to check. I'll be bringing my set back tml to let him test.
Old 22-02-2018, 03:33 AM   #311
Arch-Supremacy Member

If it is a new set, $103 is definately a good buy even for a Wifi version...It is very common for China consumer to return their mobile device set especially for those buy from JD (nick name 二手东)and Taobao..thus lots of return set (in different grades) floating around their market..

From user here and Xda forum, seems like these sellers are just simply flash the 8704 rom over to XiaoXin tab (8804) whereas its recovery img still remain as 8804 thus fail the OTA that comes as 8704..apparently they dun have a way to install the google gapps on the China set and just simply make use of the 8704 global rom instead and they dun test the set and just ignore those reported youtube n sound issue.
You can check the manufacturing date, if there is one printed on the box.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #312
Supremacy Member

Ok I'm at the shop right now. The guy told me that if don't sign in Google play account, YouTube can work.

As for the headphone jack issue, no solution for it yet. He said that if I want a refund, have to contact Shopee 1st because he does not know how the refund process in Shopee work unlike Qoo10.

Old 22-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #313

You can check the manufacturing date, if there is one printed on the box.
If the SN available and intact, most likely can check thru Lenovo CN support website

http://support.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/.../Newbxpz.aspx#

Basically just to tell if it is genuine by Lenovo, what model, when warranty start/end, active/not active (could be activated by reseller), service status if available..etc

Ok I'm at the shop right now. The guy told me that if don't sign in Google play account, YouTube can work.

As for the headphone jack issue, no solution for it yet. He said that if I want a refund, have to contact Shopee 1st because he does not know how the refund process in Shopee work unlike Qoo10.

Most users feedback that youtube issue is due to version incompatability..they just root it and replace with the latest youtube app to make it work..If you keen to keep the set perhaps can ask the guy to replace the youtube app for u instead of do it yourself since ur there..forget it if ur going for refund then..

Last edited by hotpick; 22-02-2018 at 01:06 PM..
Old 22-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #314
Arch-Supremacy Member

hihi, for those who bought it from amazon may i check with you the wifi version in US is call Tab 4 8 while the lte version is call the tab 4 plus 8?

wifi

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Androi...4+8+plus&psc=1

lte

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Androi...B8%2Bplus&th=1
creative11112004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #315

hihi, for those who bought it from amazon may i check with you the wifi version in US is call Tab 4 8 while the lte version is call the tab 4 plus 8?

wifi

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Androi...4+8+plus&psc=1

lte

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Androi...B8%2Bplus&th=1
Yes, US Amazon LTE is with plus..take note that its plus is only with 2GB ram 16GB storage...8 plus lowest before ard USD 199 while 10 plus ard USD 230 if not mistaken..from the current price tag, 10 plus sounds more worth it if u dun mind 2GB ram, also the LTE is only for mobile data and no phone function and its back cover finish is like the P8 and not the glass type.

Last edited by hotpick; 22-02-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.