Lenovo Tab 4 and Tab 4 Plus Tablets (8" and 10", Wifi-only and LTE)

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" with LTE for $300 from Korea so no warranty. Very nice.

oic... wow... 10" a bit too big for me liao... cos i am using the tablet as phone too... :o

regards,
wacky

jchoong

Reaction score
oic... wow... 10" a bit too big for me liao... cos i am using the tablet as phone too... :o

regards,
wacky

Oh I use this 10" tablet exclusively as a SongBook; my guitar group has gone paperless and using tablets as e-SongBooks.

jchoong

Reaction score
I bought a Lenovo Tab exactly 2 years ago - my first Lenovo. Crappy product; the power switch has failed and it may be due to the motherboard which costs $400 to change + $107 for labour. If I send it in to diagnose, it will cost $53. Leaves me no option but to dump it and get a more reputable Korean tablet - new and better, at about $300!

Would not touch another Lenovo product - not even with a 6 ft pole!

I sent the above Lenovo Tab to Technofied Vision, a repair shop for tablets, laptops, etc for evaluation. They asked for a deposit of $35 to check and diagnose and found a faulty motherboard and gave me an estimate of $150 to repair. I gave them the go ahead and after 3 days, I got notification that the Tab was repaired and the final bill at $120 ($85 after netting out the $35 deposit, plus GST).

I suspect Lenovo knew the problem was most probably the motherboard - which implied that it was a known defect for the Tab. Am very disappointed that Lenovo did not give me any feasible option viz trade in for a refurbished Tab (which I am quite sure they have stocks of), or repair with an old motherboard, etc, etc. But what they did was quote me a unreasonably high repair cost which was not worthwhile at all - indirectly telling me to throw away the defective Lenovo and buy a new one. I am also shocked that they dont have any concern or pride in the product quality - a $400 device failing after 2 years use!

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am I the only one in Singapore who is still using this?

i am still using....

i am still looking out for a comparable 8" phablet with dual SIM for replacement... cos i dunno how long more can my tab can last... :(

regards,
wacky

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sent the above Lenovo Tab to Technofied Vision, a repair shop for tablets, laptops, etc for evaluation. They asked for a deposit of $35 to check and diagnose and found a faulty motherboard and gave me an estimate of $150 to repair. I gave them the go ahead and after 3 days, I got notification that the Tab was repaired and the final bill at $120 ($85 after netting out the $35 deposit, plus GST).

I suspect Lenovo knew the problem was most probably the motherboard - which implied that it was a known defect for the Tab. Am very disappointed that Lenovo did not give me any feasible option viz trade in for a refurbished Tab (which I am quite sure they have stocks of), or repair with an old motherboard, etc, etc. But what they did was quote me a unreasonably high repair cost which was not worthwhile at all - indirectly telling me to throw away the defective Lenovo and buy a new one. I am also shocked that they dont have any concern or pride in the product quality - a $400 device failing after 2 years use!

My first experience was getting a LENOVO Tab from one of the IT Shows a few years ago.

Back then I just lost my Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, and my Xperia Tablet Z showing signs of failure.

Needed a tablet in conjunction with a tracer map for playing Pokemon GO (back then the game doesn't have a tracker telling me where the nearby monsters were. You were basically running around blind)

So went to this booth under the Red Bean group, misleading (aka wrong info. What do you expect from a bunch of Chinese?) specs nevermind, my fault for not researching about it beforehand.

My greatest disgusts were:
Tried to register the product via the IMEI number from the sticker behind the tablet and box, INVALID.
Worst thing is, noticed whenever I launched/closed an app, or change app, the whole screen turned into a popup ad.

At first I thought it was because of the tracker apps. Then it happened to official popular apps which shouldn't at all.

Did a little digging and realized this was a known issue

https://www.pcworld.com/article/288...re-that-hijacks-https-traffic-on-new-pcs.html
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Android-based-Tablets-and/Pop-Ups-when-opening-Apps/m-p/4025431

to name a few. Managed to solve the popups by installing antivirus apps into it.

I believe this will less likely affect for global sets that you can buy from Challenger, COURTS etc as compared to Export Sets but n'uh uh, I don't think I have confidence in LENOVO products already =(

fireantz

Reaction score
Mine is utilised I must say. So I heard 10.1" does not have any is upgrade. Thinking whether to sell off as it is or hand over to my niece/nephew. Looking for a 8" as replacement. Samsung is very expensive. Any to recommend? Preferably 6gb ram and above. Football manager touch is lag using this

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
Huawei tablet? It is quite affordable. But presently in the market is few years old model.
The latest haven't on sale yet which will not have GSM.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is utilised I must say. So I heard 10.1" does not have any is upgrade. Thinking whether to sell off as it is or hand over to my niece/nephew. Looking for a 8" as replacement. Samsung is very expensive. Any to recommend? Preferably 6gb ram and above. Football manager touch is lag using this

ya i also wan to look out for 8" replacement... min 4GB RAM... something better than lenovo tab 4 plus....

regards,
wacky

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei MediaPad M6 got 8" version.

That one play Mobile Legends: Bang Bang also no problem.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone still using the tablet? Is the OS Android 8, 9 or 10? Any updates so far to the latest Android 10? Or has it been orphaned?

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am still using....

i am still looking out for a comparable 8" phablet with dual SIM for replacement... cos i dunno how long more can my tab can last... :(

regards,
wacky

upgrade to m6 turbo edition. :D

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know of any repair shops that can replace the battery of this tablet...?? my tablet the battery is like bloated liao... cannot even fit in the case now... i am thinking of replacing the battery.... :o

regards,
wacky

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know of any repair shops that can replace the battery of this tablet...?? my tablet the battery is like bloated liao... cannot even fit in the case now... i am thinking of replacing the battery.... :o

regards,
wacky

Try GWS in SLS or iRepair at Prinsep Street... I have used both in the past. iRepair may be more expensive...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.