HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #1756
High Supremacy Member

Microsoft what have you done to yourself this time? I've been waiting so long for the Pro 2 to hit our shores..
Until now no news. Well done. I am buying something else.
ngensys2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #1757
Banned

Microsoft what have you done to yourself this time? I've been waiting so long for the Pro 2 to hit our shores..
lol.. seems typical for Microsoft or Microsoft SG.. don't understand the direction. By the time they bring in, there's probably many other similar specs around. When one buys it, MS will slash the price after. Then double whammy with a new model announcement..

Think better you get online or pre order from opensurface..
arcanehacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #1758
Master Member

anyone knows where to get type cover? seems like a lot of places 'out of stock'
DecKhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #1759
Master Member

anyone knows where to get type cover? seems like a lot of places 'out of stock'
Challenger? One of the tech shops at vivo near the Nokia care shop might have
knave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #1760

that what i hate about most OEM? why can't we can get on the initial launch? they are potentially losing lots of sale.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #1761

that what i hate about most OEM? why can't we can get on the initial launch? they are potentially losing lots of sale.
No wonder Samsung and Apple are leading. At least they give a date to launch the product. Some of our product here you wait until you gave up on it or buy overseas.
bad1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #1762

No wonder Samsung and Apple are leading. At least they give a date to launch the product. Some of our product here you wait until you gave up on it or buy overseas.
they just can't understand at by making the product more easily available it helps in sale. xbow one is another example, in the meanwhile PS4 is enjoying all the sales.
bad1986 likes this.
Old 27-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #1763

Unhappy

they just can't understand at by making the product more easily available it helps in sale. xbow one is another example, in the meanwhile PS4 is enjoying all the sales.
Another example is the 8 inches windows 8.1 tablets. They are reasonably priced and people will buy if the product is here. They are announe 2 months before but there is no news in sg to come here.

(Toshiba came but the others not confirmed)
bad1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #1764

Another example is the 8 inches windows 8.1 tablets. They are reasonably priced and people will buy if the product is here. They are announe 2 months before but there is no news in sg to come here.

(Toshiba came but the others not confirmed)
wish that i could know the real reason behind the delay of local launch to better appreciate them.
Old 28-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #1765

Hi echoblue, does yours have this problem ? even after updating it ?
Sorry for the delay. Just remembered this post. Yup confirmed I have sound distortion when transitioning from one song to another while tablet is on standby.
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #1766

Sorry for the delay. Just remembered this post. Yup confirmed I have sound distortion when transitioning from one song to another while tablet is on standby.
Oh thanks this is real bad, seems like Microsoft representative when I called their service side, told me their tablet does not function the background music when tablet goes to standby or sleep mode. As their application going to suspend mode ( which means in hibernation ) hence the power is reduced down... and that affects the music playback on background mode.

I not sure if ms Representative is giving me a correct answer hence I asked you guys who have the set. Is this a glitch on hardware or software ? ( no point holding my set if it cannot do playback )

Well I hope they can iron out this issues.

Last edited by miragez; 28-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: update info
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #1767

Probably SW. No problem before the update. If I remember correctly when the rt was first released, they had this distortion issue but was later on corrected. I hope they correct this soon! Mine still plays but subtle distortion at start of next song (more noticeable on other songs). Its just a second of the song but majority of the song is ok... I will monitor this and see if it improves on the next update...

Oh thanks this is real bad, seems like Microsoft representative when I called their service side, told me their tablet does not function the background music when tablet goes to standby or sleep mode. As their application going to suspend mode ( which means in hibernation ) hence the power is reduced down... and that affects the music playback on background mode.

I not sure if ms Representative is giving me a correct answer hence I asked you guys who have the set. Is this a glitch on hardware or software ? ( no point holding my set if it cannot do playback )

Well I hope they can iron out this issues.

Last edited by echoblue; 29-12-2013 at 10:16 AM..
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #1768

Going to Tokyo for CNY. Would love to buy surface pro 2 thr. Anyone can advise me where to get (BIC camera?) and how to go about with tax refund and setting up in English? TIA.
macluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #1769
Master Member

Going to Tokyo for CNY. Would love to buy surface pro 2 thr. Anyone can advise me where to get (BIC camera?) and how to go about with tax refund and setting up in English? TIA.
got counter to do tax refunds at the ones at akihabara and shinjuku. As for language wise can get a Japanese staff at the hotel to help they are helpful.
macluver likes this.
shadowlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #1770

got counter to do tax refunds at the ones at akihabara and shinjuku. As for language wise can get a Japanese staff at the hotel to help they are helpful.
thanks. Anywhere to get the latest price?

edit: found it.
256GB at abt $1570 with tax
128GB at $1210 with tax.

minus 5% gst will be
256GB at $1495 without tax
128GB at $1152 without tax

Last edited by macluver; 02-01-2014 at 02:23 PM..
macluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.