Microsoft Surface

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same same. SP1. For MS office work, its great! Was thinking of trying assetto corsa. That may call for a sp2.

PS: Was quite bored one day and ended up layering my SP1 with matt sticker.

iwm3hs.png

Kind of paranoid of unwanted "scar marks" on it. And didnt want to spend weeks waiting for Amazon to ship. lol

Nice! I am looking for decal to cover the back of my Surface too. The back seems easily scratched!

vesfreq

Reaction score
Nice! I am looking for decal to cover the back of my Surface too. The back seems easily scratched!
No need too fancy. Mine cost nothing. Lol. I used my ex stocks of sticker which were left from my car project.

I was also thinking of decal as well. Knowing i got my ex stocks, i rather plain matt finish. Nicer n more stealthy. And still does the job of protecting the back of the tablet.:)

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or just go simlim square and get one done up. It's cheap and worth pasting to protect. I think no point getting a case for Surface as it's already fat.

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or just go simlim square and get one done up. It's cheap and worth pasting to protect. I think no point getting a case for Surface as it's already fat.

which shops in SLS have the sticker?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My surface 2 kept shutting down automatically when it's sleeping, I wonder if anyone have this experience before? I tried refreshing the Windows few days ago but it still "Kay kiang" shut down automatically during sleep.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
My surface 2 kept shutting down automatically when it's sleeping, I wonder if anyone have this experience before? I tried refreshing the Windows few days ago but it still "Kay kiang" shut down automatically during sleep.

not really sure about surface.
But my pro2, i could at least control the power and sleep option under power management. maybe try if there's any similar setting in rt?

vaguely remember saw in xda there's a thread about this issue.

edit: my pro2 also intermittently like that

Last edited:

md iszaki

Reaction score

I think you should replace ur surface2 since the warranty is still valid. This may boost your experience with it cause currently im havin a blast with my surface2. Didn need to charge it for days and didn need to shut it down.

Juz received a surprise package from Microsoft store, wasnt expecting anything from them though.

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score

Your surface 2 shut down immediately after you close the lid or after a very long period of time?

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your surface 2 shut down immediately after you close the lid or after a very long period of time?
Yup, but this problem seems to be solved after hitting the reset button to default factory settings as it has not happen for the past 24 hours..

Is it easy for the back cover to be easily scratched?

jason910

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup, but this problem seems to be solved after hitting the reset button to default factory settings as it has not happen for the past 24 hours..

Is it easy for the back cover to be easily scratched?

What has happen was you need to press on the power button to activate the screen if you have close your lid overnight. Which is like your normal laptop. Based on the specs the back cover is actually scratch resistance. Not sure if it is real though but it should not be 100% scratch proof depending on what scratches it.

attapKia

Master Member
Reaction score
everywhere out of stocks.
that's why i got the pro 2 instead.
a couple weeks back i even spent 2 weeks running all over sg checking out the harvey norman and challenger outlets to no avail.

kiwizor

Reaction score
everywhere out of stocks.
that's why i got the pro 2 instead.
a couple weeks back i even spent 2 weeks running all over sg checking out the harvey norman and challenger outlets to no avail.

Wah, then really tough to get one unless I someone else has a sp2 to sell...

vesfreq

Reaction score
Wah, then really tough to get one unless I someone else has a sp2 to sell...

Its very tough to get. Unless you could get a friend who happen to be going overseas to buy it.

I was looking at ordering via Vshop4u. Payment confirmed, but end up bounced.... cos the USA retailer was out of stock..... And, other services like Vshop4u also don't look safe, eg Comgate which was hit by security issues. For the benefit of those looking at ordering via vpost/ vshop4u, note the HWZ thread on the customer service issues. Very.... worrying. Read liao also no mood buy sp2.

With the amount payable over the internet and via credit card, I also sian liao to order. Stick with my SP1 and buy something else instead. The new Asus Vivo Note 8 is pretty good, if not for the smaller processor and also smaller ram. I'm quite sold to get the AVN 8. Besides if SP1 does a great job for my presentations, then I will use a 2nd tablet as a secondary display when i do presentation. :D Save (sgd 2k less sgd 500) S$1,500 and plus pre-installed office 2013! and still got left over to buy a power cover, if i gian enough.

PS: If you see MS fb page, the MS people all refuse to commit to a specific launch date plus rumors have been spreading that MS will not be bringing sp2 to sg.

Last edited:

kiwizor

Reaction score
Its very tough to get. Unless you could get a friend who happen to be going overseas to buy it.

I was looking at ordering via Vshop4u. Payment confirmed, but end up bounced.... cos the USA retailer was out of stock..... And, other services like Vshop4u also don't look safe, eg Comgate which was hit by security issues. For the benefit of those looking at ordering via vpost/ vshop4u, note the HWZ thread on the customer service issues. Very.... worrying. Read liao also no mood buy sp2.

With the amount payable over the internet and via credit card, I also sian liao to order. Stick with my SP1 and buy something else instead. The new Asus Vivo Note 8 is pretty good, if not for the smaller processor and also smaller ram. I'm quite sold to get the AVN 8. Besides if SP1 does a great job for my presentations, then I will use a 2nd tablet as a secondary display when i do presentation. :D Save (sgd 2k less sgd 500) S$1,500 and plus pre-installed office 2013! and still got left over to buy a power cover, if i gian enough.

PS: If you see MS fb page, the MS people all refuse to commit to a specific launch date plus rumors have been spreading that MS will not be bringing sp2 to sg.

Yeah, and I'm also worried about local support if I buy from overseas. Unfortunately, the models I'm looking for are all not here yet, like Miix 2 11. Need a full windows tablet like sp2 that can photoshop and have wacom digitiser.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.