Microsoft Surface

miragez

Reaction score
Anyone found better deals of surface pro gen 2 as of yet ? SG still do not have this... haiz...

vengence_angels

Reaction score
Just get a new computer with atom.. It is enough to stream bloodzeed.... Cheap and good...

forgot to mention that i also want to use it to play games like FM2014..

thats why looking at Surface Pro.. :s13:

so far Surface Pro suits my needs..
but it is nowhere to be found.. :(

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its running on atom leh.. i need something powerful, to run VMs

HP got quite a few suitable candidate, but not available in singapore leh.. HP UK got alot.. Singapore one the only one that comes close but is 13inch and running on 3rd gen

Its like Sp2 pro ma..not avail in SG but people talking about it..plus importing in. If Sp2 or the Hp one come to SG sure grossly overpriced either way.Wont be surprised if tablet alone is 1k+ Heck..I find Sp2 pro pricing in USA expensive

Think Leneovo and Asus also got alternative..whether can get in SG or not is dif story

forgot to mention that i also want to use it to play games like FM2014..

thats why looking at Surface Pro.. :s13:

so far Surface Pro suits my needs..
but it is nowhere to be found.. :(

These tablets throttle..Even if you throw an i5/i3 inside it wouldnt run at full speed..the SP2pro throttles itself down at 70 degrees which isnt really hard to hit when you game on a tablet

miragez

Reaction score
Its like Sp2 pro ma..not avail in SG but people talking about it..plus importing in. If Sp2 or the Hp one come to SG sure grossly overpriced either way.Wont be surprised if tablet alone is 1k+ Heck..I find Sp2 pro pricing in USA expensive

Think Leneovo and Asus also got alternative..whether can get in SG or not is dif story

These tablets throttle..Even if you throw an i5/i3 inside it wouldnt run at full speed..the SP2pro throttles itself down at 70 degrees which isnt really hard to hit when you game on a tablet

I guess Microsoft scare of overheating issues might occur or the motherboard in the chip might shutdown due to temp too high as gaming normally kinda push your hardware to run a little higher depending on the settings.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing general info.. :) Apparently all MS devices are sent to Jabil if repair/replacement is required. Then Jabil will send defective set to overseas. Entire waiting duration should takes about 7-8 business days to come back to you. Crossing my fingers now. :)

miragez

Reaction score
Just sharing general info.. :) Apparently all MS devices are sent to Jabil if repair/replacement is required. Then Jabil will send defective set to overseas. Entire waiting duration should takes about 7-8 business days to come back to you. Crossing my fingers now. :)

Isn't this third party then ? MS so big why cannot take care of all these repair/replacement need to ask third party to handle ? What if quality of service not good sia... can only bite the bone ?

Reaction score
Those interested in Surface 2 can check out the deal at Harvey Norman tech expo. They are selling the 32gb model for $588 and it comes with a Creative Airwave Speaker, stylus, earpiece and screen protector. Quite a good deal if you ask me.

vesfreq

Reaction score
Those interested in Surface 2 can check out the deal at Harvey Norman tech expo. They are selling the 32gb model for $588 and it comes with a Creative Airwave Speaker, stylus, earpiece and screen protector. Quite a good deal if you ask me.

Good deal but is it the same wacom stylus like sp1/ sp2? N memory size v small. Once you add video n audio, the 32 gb will peng san.... Though the sd card slot will make some space.

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
Buy in US also must pay tax in US and when receive in Sg also kena GST.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be receiving my refurbished surface 2 from Jabil courier tomorrow... Quite disappointed:( that I am getting a used set because the replacement SN is much lower than the one I sent(i just checked on myservice.surface.com). Definitely unfair for a consumer like me whom owned it for 12 days only.

Optimistic thinking, refurbished devices are checked before sending whereas new devices can't be checked as they are in retail packaging.. I will update again to share with you guys on their warranty exchange. :)

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like how the above guy had to send for warranty after 12 days?

He's right, I believe they did a general QC but not a thorough QC. Hence the set I received was one of the few that has issue.

oh ya. I heard from Surface support team that although the exterior looks used but the parts' firmware in it are newer than brand new sets' as they are they are assembled long ago. (not sure if its true or just to make me feel better)

miragez

Reaction score
Hmm... the problem with ordering from.... direct microsoft store in us... is that if I will to kanna lemon... I need to send back to US to do the 1 to 1 exchanged ? Those who bought direct is this true ? Or Singapore Microsoft will help to handle this ? ( like International Warranty method ?)

So wanna order the SP 2 from their site waited like MAY... already... wait somemore SP 3 would be out zzz.

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... the problem with ordering from.... direct microsoft store in us... is that if I will to kanna lemon... I need to send back to US to do the 1 to 1 exchanged ? Those who bought direct is this true ? Or Singapore Microsoft will help to handle this ? ( like International Warranty method ?)

So wanna order the SP 2 from their site waited like MAY... already... wait somemore SP 3 would be out zzz.

Must send back
Good thing its a tablet so its light
At most 2-3kg

No international warranty
You need to see if the savings is worth the hassle

E.g There are tablets that costs twice the price in SG vs USA for a 1 year warranty. In that situation, i'd rather buy 2 tablets and sacrifice the warranty

xbfloater

Reaction score
AFAIK, as long as SP2 has not been officially launched here, there will NOT be any warranty claim from local service centre. Not sure if they're even willing to repair with a cost...

Also, have you guys even consider if MS may not even launch SP2 here or any more countries due to biz strategy change...? If this is the case, those who imported it from US/HK/JP will be on their own with any technical issues.

If you really need one, guess gotta consider either Surface 2 or other tablets...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.