LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #2281
Supremacy Member

Buy IPad or Samsung lor
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #2282
Supremacy Member

Buy IPad or Samsung lor
u gonna get flamed~~~ for recommending people to go other brand in this thread =p

burn~~~~~~~~~~~~ u
Old 27-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #2283
Supremacy Member

I wouldn't want to go back to samsung Cos I have a note 10.1 alr. Very under utilized because kingsoft still not as good as Ms office and sometimes I really need physical keyboard to type out assignments.
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #2284

Good to know, please help us take photos
Front

Rear

Open Up (Can adjust any angle )

Elastic Strap Holding the Stylus
vesfreq likes this.
Old 28-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #2285

Connect Microsoft Surface to a wired network | Surface Ethernet adapter

anyone knows why i can buy the surface ethernet adapter?

or just get gigabytes usb 3.0 1000mbps will do?
whiteflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #2286

that's why i been hesitating to purchase the surface 2.... No svs center for support and repair.. lack of cases available.. No LTE..
No LTE still ok. But, late launch of the new generation surface (especially SP2) is really unacceptable. People overseas use SP2 liao and they still pushing SP1 in Singapore.
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #2287

No LTE still ok. But, late launch of the new generation surface (especially SP2) is really unacceptable. People overseas use SP2 liao and they still pushing SP1 in Singapore.
I wait till end of this month if still no progress or any news comes on Surface Pro 2 . Hey Microsoft u
can kiss my money goes to another brand , than sickening waiting for your news out when ..
vesfreq likes this.
mikengtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #2288

If all you need is a websurfing/Office machine, the S2 will do the job capably. You won't even need the Pro unless you need to install programs; a purpose-built machine like this is going to fare much better for a student than an Android tablet. Android doesn't have the Office suite, whereas iOS is getting an Office release pretty soon, and only the Surface has the kind of typing functionality built into such a compact form factor. Sure you can have BT keyboards for Android and iOS but those things are clumsy as hell, with a type/touch cover you just fold it up and go.

It's when you expect more of of a tablet that the S2 stumbles. Like I've mentioned before the Windows store is deader than dead. that, coupled with MS having absolutely no idea how to market the Surface hardware (this goes all the way back to the S1/SP), means the store probably isn't going to gain much traction anytime soon.
bedlamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #2289

If all you need is a websurfing/Office machine, the S2 will do the job capably. You won't even need the Pro unless you need to install programs; a purpose-built machine like this is going to fare much better for a student than an Android tablet. Android doesn't have the Office suite, whereas iOS is getting an Office release pretty soon, and only the Surface has the kind of typing functionality built into such a compact form factor. Sure you can have BT keyboards for Android and iOS but those things are clumsy as hell, with a type/touch cover you just fold it up and go.

It's when you expect more of of a tablet that the S2 stumbles. Like I've mentioned before the Windows store is deader than dead. that, coupled with MS having absolutely no idea how to market the Surface hardware (this goes all the way back to the S1/SP), means the store probably isn't going to gain much traction anytime soon.
Now android also have office. Microsoft Announces Office for iPad Apps; Office Mobile for iPhone & Android Phones Now Free - HardwareZone.com.sg

Right. The MS store really no hope. I think I can count the number of times I check out their stuff. :|
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #2290
Master Member

not advertising. but here's the link if you all want to pre order the freedom case. which will ship late may to June.

FreedomCase: the adjustable stand and case for Microsoft Surface

there's a $5 discount code for kickstarters.

"Use discount code KSADDON and you will receive $5 off all shipping options, bringing all prices in-line with Kickstarter project prices."
attapKia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #2291

I think you need to subscribe to office 365 to use the apps for andriod and iOS.
Old 28-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #2292
Supremacy Member

not advertising. but here's the link if you all want to pre order the freedom case. which will ship late may to June.

FreedomCase: the adjustable stand and case for Microsoft Surface

there's a $5 discount code for kickstarters.

"Use discount code KSADDON and you will receive $5 off all shipping options, bringing all prices in-line with Kickstarter project prices."
Wonder what is the difference between PU and PU leather? Haha!
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #2293

Difference? $10 lah
Material diff, 一分钱一分货.
Redwasps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #2294

Front

Rear

Open Up (Can adjust any angle )

Elastic Strap Holding the Stylus
Thanks for the pics
derekcai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #2295

From their web page:

"The exterior is made of polyurethane (an extremely durable plastic). The interior impact panels are ABS plastic and cover the majority of the Surface when closed. The interior is a brushed microfiber suede so your Surface won’t be marred.

The PU leather option is made from the same material but has a nice leather look and feel to it."
Redwasps is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.