Microsoft Surface

sunshine76

Reaction score
Well technically you can't enter a Singapore billing address because you can't choose the country.

3lTfvOv.png

...though my banks tell me they are authorizing the payments. How about the shipping address? Did you just put in everything including the c/o part?

yes u have to, thats the identification for CGW that the item is yours n to be delivered to your sg address

sars8888

Master Member
Reaction score
Microsoft US website start giving 100-200 usd discount for orders of surface pro 2.

slowpokie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i should be able to get brand new slightly cheaper..... if keen pm me......

pai seh what i meant was when sg launch i can get some discount........

in which only 31 aug/ 1 sept then got stock ......

i dun mind facilitating an order from CGW thou ....... if keen still can pm me ....
cheers

SomeH0w

Reaction score
Just want to ask your opinions on whether I should get the i5 256 or i7 256 if I am just a student who does occasional gaming. Does it affect battery life as well?

Also, any idea whether the docking station will come to Singapore soon? Tried googling but to no avail.

Last edited:

Livewings

Master Member
Reaction score
Just want to ask your opinions on whether I should get the i5 256 or i7 256 if I am just a student who does occasional gaming. Does it affect battery life as well?

Also, any idea whether the docking station will come to Singapore soon? Tried giggling but to no avail.

Save your money. Surface Pro 3 has throttling issues on demanding games so just get the i5.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does 8GB ram makes a lot of difference compared to 4GB ram?

used mainly for office work and entertainment (youtube, facebook, etc.)

Momentumm

Master Member
Reaction score
@maumu Same usage pattern for me. 8GB should be better but won't make any difference based on your usage. I'm just thinking if I should get the i3 since I'm using it mainly for internet and heavy Microsoft office.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for your advice. i guess i'm similar - heavy microsoft office user as i deal with a lot of word, excel and outlook apps.

but i think the i3 model may be a tad too low-end if some day i decide to play some HD videos or stuff. i think the i3 model only has 64gb of ssd space, so it may be a bit low on the storage side. with that in mind, the lowest i can get is i5/128gb.

however a slightly higher upgrade would be i5/256 because the i5/128 has 4gb RAM but the i5/256gb has 8gb RAM.

in full:
Intel Core i3, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of solid state storage ($1108)
Intel Core i5, 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of solid state storage ($1348)
Intel Core i5, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of solid state storage ($1728)
Intel Core i7, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of solid state storage ($2138)
Intel Core i7, 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of solid state storage ($2698)

starCaptain

Reaction score
does 8GB ram makes a lot of difference compared to 4GB ram?

used mainly for office work and entertainment (youtube, facebook, etc.)

As you mentioned, If your core usage limited to these. Then i5/4gb should be good match for you.

Unless people like me, heavy usage like opening Photoshop + Lightroom + browsers + etc would need a mean machine like i7/8gb.

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
guys, any good reason to convince someone like me to get a sp3, im using nexus 7 2013 now but in time to come, will start my year 3 modules will require office.

howwww ah

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, any good reason to convince someone like me to get a sp3, im using nexus 7 2013 now but in time to come, will start my year 3 modules will require office.

howwww ah

i've used iPad (3) before... then switched to Sony Tablet Z... then switched to Surface Pro 2.

i sold away the Pro 2 in anticipation to upgrade to Pro 3 even though I used it for only a month.

the Pro 3 seems like the balance between form and factor. It can run full windows which is why I left iOS/Andriod in favour of windows because I don't want to carry a windows laptop and an Andriod/iOS tablet around.

i think the main reason for me to switch to windows tablet is the easy synchronisation with my home's PC (windows) and so i started to look for hybrid tablet (for both office and mobile).

Reaction score
i've made up my mind to go for the i5 256gb/8gb ram setup as i will be using programmes like photoshop.

i really feel that the sp3 will ramp up my productivity as compared to conventional laptops and i always have to go to the bosses rooms and explain to them stuff. always bringing a lappie around, open up, start then facing the lappie to them...so troublesome.

the only worry that i have, which i hope is unfounded is that the product is as lasting as it's ultrabook competitors...

miragez

Reaction score
What I worry most is the first batch of this tablet will have issues, such as screen backlight bleeding, yellowish or blueish screen, stylus came with dead battery, charger will not work, the back of the surface pro 3 might deteriorate or rusting effects.

echoblue

Reaction score
What I worry most is the first batch of this tablet will have issues, such as screen backlight bleeding, yellowish or blueish screen, stylus came with dead battery, charger will not work, the back of the surface pro 3 might deteriorate or rusting effects.

I hope these are the new ones since so called first batch were first released in the US.

Stupid Idiot

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Or they sell the remaining of the so called first batch in Singapore while starting to sell the newly improved second batches in US~? :crazy:

I hope these are the new ones since so called first batch were first released in the US.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for your advice. i guess i'm similar - heavy microsoft office user as i deal with a lot of word, excel and outlook apps.

but i think the i3 model may be a tad too low-end if some day i decide to play some HD videos or stuff. i think the i3 model only has 64gb of ssd space, so it may be a bit low on the storage side. with that in mind, the lowest i can get is i5/128gb.

however a slightly higher upgrade would be i5/256 because the i5/128 has 4gb RAM but the i5/256gb has 8gb RAM.

in full:
Intel Core i3, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of solid state storage ($1108)
Intel Core i5, 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of solid state storage ($1348)
Intel Core i5, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of solid state storage ($1728)
Intel Core i7, 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of solid state storage ($2138)
Intel Core i7, 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of solid state storage ($2698)

At these price. You can always buy a ultra thin PC which is not much bigger then this Tablet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.