Microsoft Surface

echoblue

Reaction score
Is this the best deal so far?

For me it is coz i also plan on buying the type keyboard and i can use this voucher to offset the price. The others have offers like free portable hard drive or 150 vouchers on Valore products (must be challenger member). I guess it depends on which freebies are more useful for you...

gigigigi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me it is coz i also plan on buying the type keyboard and i can use this voucher to offset the price. The others have offers like free portable hard drive or 150 vouchers on Valore products (must be challenger member). I guess it depends on which freebies are more useful for you...
valore vocher is need to spend 40$ to use 20$ voucher and only applicable on valore products. not very usefull if you ask me...

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to funan to check it out, i am very impressed. it is at the atrium area, not in the shop.

surprised that the warranty is 1-t0-1 exchange.

echoblue

Reaction score
went to funan to check it out, i am very impressed. it is at the atrium area, not in the shop.

surprised that the warranty is 1-t0-1 exchange.

Yes, as long as its from these shops (challenger, newstead, etc) they offer 1:1 exchange within their respective exchange period. After that, we go directly to Microsoft (online and 3rd party will collect and do the warranty)

Last edited:

sianz

Reaction score
Yes, as long as its from these shops (challenger, newstead, etc) they offer 1:1 exchange within their respective exchange period. After that, we go directly to Microsoft (online and 3rd party will collect and do the warranty)

How long is this exchange period? I was thinking of ordering direct from Microsoft but now may buy from Newstead due to the $100 voucher.

miragez

Reaction score
Already preordered i5/256gb last weekend at DigitalStyle (Newstead)****************** They have free 100sgd voucher for each preorder, to be collected together with the tablet

I ordered direct from microsoft coz I have student price for it :s13: Btw for those that bought from challenger and etc what is their 1 to 1 exchange duration (days) ?

Last edited:

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
Very scared that the pre-ordered set from Microsoft Online will come with some problem then Microsoft ends up giving me a refurb set :s22:

Reaction score
I ordered direct from microsoft coz I have student price for it :s13: Btw for those that bought from challenger and etc what is their 1 to 1 exchange duration (days) ?

Hi, I typed in my nus email last night but I didn't get any email. How long did u have to wait for your verification email?

echoblue

Reaction score
Did you questions about what is include in the valid factory defects, I mean just curious was it your term or their terms of valid factory defects.

I didn't ask but the usual ones are functionality issues. Dead pixels maybe but those aesthetics ones like scratches and dents,may be difficult to replace. broken screen unlikely. These I suggest you check upon purchase.

When I claimed warranty on my first Surface RT (US bought), MS SG vendor actually replaced it w/ a new one. I believe no refurbish sets yet coz RT was just released at SG that time

miragez

Reaction score
Hi, I typed in my nus email last night but I didn't get any email. How long did u have to wait for your verification email?

It supposed to be very fast less than 15 minutes. But do take note... its quite buggy.... Especially with the verification.... system dun ever click twice hahaha. Coz I over done it three times.. I need to take a picture of my student card as verification....

Last edited:

boobip

Reaction score
Hmm... Was eagerly anticipating for the SP3.... only to be disappointed by a video showing that it has a fan.

With Broadwell coming up next year, equipping tablets with fanless designs, I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade. So putting off my SP3 purchase for now ... and getting a SP1 on the interim.

Anyone knows of any retailers slashing prices of their SP1? Greatly appreciated :D

miragez

Reaction score
Hmm... Was eagerly anticipating for the SP3.... only to be disappointed by a video showing that it has a fan.

With Broadwell coming up next year, equipping tablets with fanless designs, I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade. So putting off my SP3 purchase for now ... and getting a SP1 in the interim.

Anyone knows of any retailers slashing prices of their SP1? Greatly appreciated :D

I guess Microsoft will still stick with the fan, due to the amount of horse power the processor runs... the heat will still need a fan or some kind ventilation to cool it down. I cannot see a processor running at i7 2.x GHZ with no fans... probably killing the device and battery faster. That is my thoughts but I might be wrong.... one thick cooling paste on the processor is doable... :s13:

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually what I meant is, or what the challenger guy told me is, not about the 1st X days 1-to-1 exchange, but it is during the 1 year warranty period, if there is defect, upon calling MS, MS will send a guy over, with a replacement, then take your set back. there is no repair, ect, 1-to-1 exchange, refurbished or what, i dun know. but if after that, MS found your replaced set was due to accidental/human damage, they will come back to you.

the above is the sales guy told me one.

hotyrole

Reaction score

i am thinking to do the same with EDU

the 10% saving + 30% keyboard = $260 saving

much better than any voucher or hard disk

Vincent_G

Reaction score
For student offer, how do they validate if you are student or not? In the preorder system, there is no validation at all (at least I try until last step before making payment).

Reaction score
For student offer, how do they validate if you are student or not? In the preorder system, there is no validation at all (at least I try until last step before making payment).

The next step will be entering a school email.

I didn't get the verification mail so the cso sent me another. Unfortunately on his end there's a bug that didn't apply the student discount and 30% off the type cover. So what he did was to charge me full price, then once resolved, refund me the discounted amount. Lol

Reaction score

With Broadwell coming up next year, equipping tablets with fanless designs, I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade. So putting off my SP3 purchase for now ... and getting a SP1 on the interim.

Definitely got upgrade, before you know it next year end should be surface pro 5.so it really depends on your existing needs and available budget.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.