HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #2596

this cable arrived~!

Now I can easily charge my SP1 using my Anker Astro Pro2 20000mAH charger anywhere. cool!

got a spare one coming (ordered another which is on the way) so if anyone interested, just pop me a PM.
Is the portable battery power pack huge ? I mean big ?
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #2597

ahh ur first line is enough to stop me from buying le if no warranty coverage.. might as well get surface 2 pro if both no warranty
Dell venue seems to be pretty expensive as compare to surface 2 pro, when looking at the specs it offers.... Is there no other competitors.. beside surface pro 2 premium pricing?
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #2598
Supremacy Member

Dell venue seems to be pretty expensive as compare to surface 2 pro, when looking at the specs it offers.... Is there no other competitors.. beside surface pro 2 premium pricing?
If you looking at SG then yea dam ex..in USA the venue is quite abit cheaper than SP2, with same specs

The price you pay for the venue in US is about half the SG one

Even the Sp2 power cover costs double the price of the dell version
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #2599
Supremacy Member

Is the portable battery power pack huge ? I mean big ?
Big and heavy..its like half a kg right? lol
Old 26-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #2600
Arch-Supremacy Member

Big and heavy..its like half a kg right? lol
Actually its big but due to big flat surface, its like carrying a lighter iPad mini..lol.
So I don't really feel the weight.

Excellent charger!
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #2601

What's the policy on warranty if we buy from states or HK?
aural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #2602

Wow Microsoft must really hate me..
I sent my Surface RT + Touch keyboard in for warranty.. They sent a replacement keyboard which has a non-functioning touchpad.
My RT's charging port is now rusty, have to try tens of times before I can successfully charge it. Cannot use it while it's charging otherwise will get disconnected. The keyboard connector also rusty, sometimes cannot detect the cover.
Sent 2 functioning devices to them, came back with 2 malfunctional devices. Thanks a lot Msft...

I've been an avid fan of Microsoft, coming from WP7&8, but this Surface experience really spoilt my whole experience with Microsoft

Last edited by expositox; 27-04-2014 at 09:44 PM..
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #2603
Supremacy Member

Wow Microsoft must really hate me..
I sent my Surface RT + Touch keyboard in for warranty.. They sent a replacement keyboard which has a non-functioning touchpad.
My RT's charging port is now rusty, have to try tens of times before I can successfully charge it. Cannot use it while it's charging otherwise will get disconnected. The keyboard connector also rusty, sometimes cannot detect the cover.
Sent 2 functioning devices to them, came back with 2 malfunctional devices. Thanks a lot Msft...

I've been an avid fan of Microsoft, coming from WP7&8, but this Surface experience really spoilt my whole experience with Microsoft
I feel you bro. I sent my s2 to them on last Wednesday. Reason for that is due to auto shut down, I even did a Windows refresh and reset to factory setting but problem still persisted. I am crossing my fingers now that I'm getting a better model. Otherwise I will get a refund !

Just a general info: Microsoft outsourced their refurbishment to Jabil - aftermarket services sector. I believed you sent your device to them right?

Last edited by whatme; 27-04-2014 at 11:08 PM..
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #2604

I feel you bro. I sent my s2 to them on last Wednesday. Reason for that is due to auto shut down, I even did a Windows refresh and reset to factory setting but problem still persisted. I am crossing my fingers now that I'm getting a better model. Otherwise I will get a refund !

Just a general info: Microsoft outsourced their refurbishment to Jabil - aftermarket services sector. I believed you sent your device to them right?
Yep Jabil.
I bought a Surface to use it, not to trouble myself with setting up repairs and having th Surface be away from me for weeks for repair...
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #2605
Supremacy Member

Yep Jabil.
I bought a Surface to use it, not to trouble myself with setting up repairs and having th Surface be away from me for weeks for repair...
This is one of the reasons that they do not succeed in Singapore. The lady from Jabil told me that it will be ready within 5 working days.. True?
vesfreq likes this.
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #2606

This is one of the reasons that they do not succeed in Singapore. The lady from Jabil told me that it will be ready within 5 working days.. True?
Correction, one of the reasons why they will not succeed. lol.

Each passing day results in lagi longer necks waiting for the mythical or legendary "may appear" SP2.
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #2607

just now i was miracasting streaming videos from SP1 to my tv and watching halfway SP1 just shut down

when i touch it,it was so damm hot.

then when i tried to on it again,a thermometer sign showed up and i had to wait a while before i can turn it on

no idea why it will get overheated so badly even though i am not charging it
whiteflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #2608

Harvey norman sales guy told me SP2 will come in 3 months.. Haha dunno how true la huh
vesfreq likes this.
AstoxicAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #2609

Harvey norman sales guy told me SP2 will come in 3 months.. Haha dunno how true la huh
If I remember few months back one of the users did ever says the same old thing, till now
have not even see one real live SP2 Pro. And you know they always good at telling story
by saying it coming ... all are bloody crap ..never trust those people.

You can wait long long ..it may never come I already give up of waiting.
vesfreq likes this.
mikengtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #2610
Supremacy Member

Will prolly come when sp3 is out.. Then they will send all the old stocks to sg to clear at higher price. Almost all the brands do that
world weary likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.