HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #2611

There is a promotion going on if anyone is looking to import
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.6" Tablet: 256GB $1069, 128GB $799, 64GB $709 + Free Shipping - Microsoft Store Deals, Coupons and Promos
derekcai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #2612

anyone out there using Acestream (to stream football games) on the Surface Pro and then TV out?

my laptop is going to die soon and i am thinking of getting a Surface Pro to replace my dying laptop..
vengence_angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #2613

How i wish a competitor will come out with a near similar specs to pro 2 but of cause the price range musnt be too far too =(
miragez likes this.
Imperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #2614

anyone out there using Acestream (to stream football games) on the Surface Pro and then TV out?

my laptop is going to die soon and i am thinking of getting a Surface Pro to replace my dying laptop..
Just get a new computer with atom.. It is enough to stream bloodzeed.... Cheap and good...
evirob3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #2615

How i wish a competitor will come out with a near similar specs to pro 2 but of cause the price range musnt be too far too =(
Agreed on this but I believe the price increase on other competitors is due to branding + Microsoft licensing on Windows 8.1 when added these two... it kinda make Microsoft surface pro 2 more worth to buy as these were made by Microsoft hence they can play around with how much charges for the branding and license.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #2616
Supremacy Member

For business? You may want to look at Lenovo thinkpad (the one with detachable tablet and keyboard)
Old 30-04-2014, 11:53 PM   #2617
Supremacy Member

Agreed on this but I believe the price increase on other competitors is due to branding + Microsoft licensing on Windows 8.1 when added these two... it kinda make Microsoft surface pro 2 more worth to buy as these were made by Microsoft hence they can play around with how much charges for the branding and license.
Can consider the dell venue 11. If you compare I think Microsoft is actually the most ex. Think hp got one also.
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #2618
Supremacy Member

Funny why amazon Sony Vaio Tap 11 is so cheap but SG is $1800?

Amazon.com: Sony - VAIO Tap 11 11.6" 2-in-1 Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive - Black: Computers & Accessories
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #2619
Master Member

This one CPU low end...
tjkjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #2620

For business? You may want to look at Lenovo thinkpad (the one with detachable tablet and keyboard)
Its running on atom leh.. i need something powerful, to run VMs

Can consider the dell venue 11. If you compare I think Microsoft is actually the most ex. Think hp got one also.
HP got quite a few suitable candidate, but not available in singapore leh.. HP UK got alot.. Singapore one the only one that comes close but is 13inch and running on 3rd gen
Imperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #2621

Anyone found better deals of surface pro gen 2 as of yet ? SG still do not have this... haiz...
Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #2622

Just get a new computer with atom.. It is enough to stream bloodzeed.... Cheap and good...
forgot to mention that i also want to use it to play games like FM2014..

thats why looking at Surface Pro..

so far Surface Pro suits my needs..
but it is nowhere to be found..
vengence_angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:05 AM   #2623
Supremacy Member

Its running on atom leh.. i need something powerful, to run VMs

HP got quite a few suitable candidate, but not available in singapore leh.. HP UK got alot.. Singapore one the only one that comes close but is 13inch and running on 3rd gen
Its like Sp2 pro ma..not avail in SG but people talking about it..plus importing in. If Sp2 or the Hp one come to SG sure grossly overpriced either way.Wont be surprised if tablet alone is 1k+ Heck..I find Sp2 pro pricing in USA expensive

Think Leneovo and Asus also got alternative..whether can get in SG or not is dif story

forgot to mention that i also want to use it to play games like FM2014..

thats why looking at Surface Pro..

so far Surface Pro suits my needs..
but it is nowhere to be found..
These tablets throttle..Even if you throw an i5/i3 inside it wouldnt run at full speed..the SP2pro throttles itself down at 70 degrees which isnt really hard to hit when you game on a tablet
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #2624

Its like Sp2 pro ma..not avail in SG but people talking about it..plus importing in. If Sp2 or the Hp one come to SG sure grossly overpriced either way.Wont be surprised if tablet alone is 1k+ Heck..I find Sp2 pro pricing in USA expensive

Think Leneovo and Asus also got alternative..whether can get in SG or not is dif story

These tablets throttle..Even if you throw an i5/i3 inside it wouldnt run at full speed..the SP2pro throttles itself down at 70 degrees which isnt really hard to hit when you game on a tablet
I guess Microsoft scare of overheating issues might occur or the motherboard in the chip might shutdown due to temp too high as gaming normally kinda push your hardware to run a little higher depending on the settings.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #2625
Supremacy Member

Just sharing general info.. Apparently all MS devices are sent to Jabil if repair/replacement is required. Then Jabil will send defective set to overseas. Entire waiting duration should takes about 7-8 business days to come back to you. Crossing my fingers now.
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.