HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #2626

Just sharing general info.. Apparently all MS devices are sent to Jabil if repair/replacement is required. Then Jabil will send defective set to overseas. Entire waiting duration should takes about 7-8 business days to come back to you. Crossing my fingers now.
Isn't this third party then ? MS so big why cannot take care of all these repair/replacement need to ask third party to handle ? What if quality of service not good sia... can only bite the bone ?
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #2627

Anybody bought from here? Microsoft Surface Pro 2 256GB 8GB RAM Window 8.1 Tablet - Microsoft Tablets - Tablets - Tablets | ValueBasket SG
Uno_Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #2628
Supremacy Member

Wah double USA price.. Think I should import n sell also
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #2629

Those interested in Surface 2 can check out the deal at Harvey Norman tech expo. They are selling the 32gb model for $588 and it comes with a Creative Airwave Speaker, stylus, earpiece and screen protector. Quite a good deal if you ask me.
bondjamesbond777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #2630

Those interested in Surface 2 can check out the deal at Harvey Norman tech expo. They are selling the 32gb model for $588 and it comes with a Creative Airwave Speaker, stylus, earpiece and screen protector. Quite a good deal if you ask me.
Good deal but is it the same wacom stylus like sp1/ sp2? N memory size v small. Once you add video n audio, the 32 gb will peng san.... Though the sd card slot will make some space.
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #2631

don't use VB it's a scam site!

here's a few random link pull from SE.

is valuebasket.com a scam or legit | valuebasket.com reviews |check valuebasket.com for fraud and risk | is valuebasket.com safe | is valuebasket.com fake |is com safe

VALUEBASKET INTERNET SCAM :: the wombly centre
Old 03-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #2632

Buy in US also must pay tax in US and when receive in Sg also kena GST.
Uno_Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #2633
Supremacy Member

Buy in US also must pay tax in US and when receive in Sg also kena GST.
depends on what u doing...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #2634
Supremacy Member

Will be receiving my refurbished surface 2 from Jabil courier tomorrow... Quite disappointed that I am getting a used set because the replacement SN is much lower than the one I sent(i just checked on myservice.surface.com). Definitely unfair for a consumer like me whom owned it for 12 days only.

Optimistic thinking, refurbished devices are checked before sending whereas new devices can't be checked as they are in retail packaging.. I will update again to share with you guys on their warranty exchange.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #2635
Arch-Supremacy Member

New set are also QC before they went to retail
Old 04-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #2636
Supremacy Member

New set are also QC before they went to retail
Like how the above guy had to send for warranty after 12 days?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #2637
Supremacy Member

Like how the above guy had to send for warranty after 12 days?
He's right, I believe they did a general QC but not a thorough QC. Hence the set I received was one of the few that has issue.

oh ya. I heard from Surface support team that although the exterior looks used but the parts' firmware in it are newer than brand new sets' as they are they are assembled long ago. (not sure if its true or just to make me feel better)
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #2638

Hmm... the problem with ordering from.... direct microsoft store in us... is that if I will to kanna lemon... I need to send back to US to do the 1 to 1 exchanged ? Those who bought direct is this true ? Or Singapore Microsoft will help to handle this ? ( like International Warranty method ?)

So wanna order the SP 2 from their site waited like MAY... already... wait somemore SP 3 would be out zzz.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #2639
Supremacy Member

Hmm... the problem with ordering from.... direct microsoft store in us... is that if I will to kanna lemon... I need to send back to US to do the 1 to 1 exchanged ? Those who bought direct is this true ? Or Singapore Microsoft will help to handle this ? ( like International Warranty method ?)

So wanna order the SP 2 from their site waited like MAY... already... wait somemore SP 3 would be out zzz.
Must send back
Good thing its a tablet so its light
At most 2-3kg

No international warranty
You need to see if the savings is worth the hassle

E.g There are tablets that costs twice the price in SG vs USA for a 1 year warranty. In that situation, i'd rather buy 2 tablets and sacrifice the warranty
Old 04-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #2640

AFAIK, as long as SP2 has not been officially launched here, there will NOT be any warranty claim from local service centre. Not sure if they're even willing to repair with a cost...

Also, have you guys even consider if MS may not even launch SP2 here or any more countries due to biz strategy change...? If this is the case, those who imported it from US/HK/JP will be on their own with any technical issues.

If you really need one, guess gotta consider either Surface 2 or other tablets...

Last edited by xbfloater; 04-05-2014 at 05:43 PM..
xbfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.