HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #2641

Thought of buying SP2 at Hong Kong.
Once Singapore start selling SP2, will Singapore Microsoft recognize my warranty?
Is SP2 cheap in Hong Kong? Can i have tax refund if i bought it at Hong Kong?
revolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #2642

Must send back
Good thing its a tablet so its light
At most 2-3kg

No international warranty
You need to see if the savings is worth the hassle

E.g There are tablets that costs twice the price in SG vs USA for a 1 year warranty. In that situation, i'd rather buy 2 tablets and sacrifice the warranty
Thanks for the information you're so right the twice the price is really make my mood bad... especially when the offering for other countries is worthwhile at some point... it really seems we like have unlimited cash funds milk system... to keep getting these tech...
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #2643
Supremacy Member

Twice the price? I don't think so. Probably 30% higher
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #2644

Thanks for the information you're so right the twice the price is really make my mood bad... especially when the offering for other countries is worthwhile at some point... it really seems we like have unlimited cash funds milk system... to keep getting these tech...
The problem really is the high cost of biz in sg. Imagine operating in one of the most expensive states in terms of rental. For biz to survive and remain viable, the rentals get passed down to end consumers. Quite dumb.... Cos it results in a case of cheaper imports than local buys.

Not to forget, manpower cost has escalated like siao significantly. Esp from wage increase pressures and levy on foreign workers. All these eat into the margins.

My towkay always get the same comment from customers. "why should i buy from you when amazon is cheaper after shipping to sg?" lol. We all know what bumped up prices. Amazon pricing already very obvious.

Bro, u r definitely not alone in feeling like this. :'(
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #2645
Supremacy Member

Twice the price? I don't think so. Probably 30% higher
On a general basis? Maybe 30%

However what SG lacks is real sales...How often do you see 20-30% sales/coupons in Singapore?

Best part is sometimes you can walk around the IT show and see prices more ex than usual..
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #2646

On a general basis? Maybe 30%

However what SG lacks is real sales...How often do you see 20-30% sales/coupons in Singapore?

Best part is sometimes you can walk around the IT show and see prices more ex than usual..
yeah I often laugh even when going to sim lim square... checking ssd prices.... when I got myself something like 200 dollar cheaper from amazon of the same product. Sometimes as much as 300 dollar... that is really terrible.

Oh well sometimes if local warranty is really a need then you have to bite the bone with the cost.
vesfreq likes this.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #2647
High Supremacy Member

Thought of buying SP2 at Hong Kong.
Once Singapore start selling SP2, will Singapore Microsoft recognize my warranty?
Is SP2 cheap in Hong Kong? Can i have tax refund if i bought it at Hong Kong?
Warranty should be valid once sold in sg. Problem is no one knows when sp2 will even be launched here or at all. My suggestion is to buy sp1. U can try jb malls for a start.
trento is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #2648

Would anyone be keen if got BNIB SP2 256gb? Say $1800 without keyboard? Friend may be importing an extra set for me.
vesfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #2649
Supremacy Member

SP1 in JB is quite ex. More ex than the $818. Actually I think Microsoft support is no good. Even have to write to USA. It is a pain despite they reply promptly. If they call u from US then jialat.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #2650
Supremacy Member

After the long wait of my surface 2. I strongly suggest you guys stay away from choosing Microsoft products. The refurbished set came with a bad scratch on the USB side. Sigh. I paid for a used set. I feel like getting refund tho.. is there any consumer protection in Singapore that I can raise against Microsoft?
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #2651
Supremacy Member

Would anyone be keen if got BNIB SP2 256gb? Say $1800 without keyboard? Friend may be importing an extra set for me.
Y so ex
There was a sale just last week for Sp2PRO
Import to sg not even 1.6

After the long wait of my surface 2. I strongly suggest you guys stay away from choosing Microsoft products. The refurbished set came with a bad scratch on the USB side. Sigh. I paid for a used set. I feel like getting refund tho.. is there any consumer protection in Singapore that I can raise against Microsoft?
If u bought from SG then covered under lemon law. google it
Zabiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #2652
High Supremacy Member

SP1 in JB is quite ex. More ex than the $818. Actually I think Microsoft support is no good. Even have to write to USA. It is a pain despite they reply promptly. If they call u from US then jialat.
it's still cheaper than SG comparing new set. bear in mind $818 is demo set, which has been turned on daily for long periods. the price tag is justified.

anyway, there's nothing stopping u from bargaining. i got my bargain for $780 in KL recently. It's Msia bro.
trento is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #2653
Supremacy Member

it's still cheaper than SG comparing new set. bear in mind $818 is demo set, which has been turned on daily for long periods. the price tag is justified.

anyway, there's nothing stopping u from bargaining. i got my bargain for $780 in KL recently. It's Msia bro.
I got mine $818 new with touch cover 2....$780 is good
Old 06-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #2654

Surface Mini to be announced this May 20!

Microsoft CEO Nadella expected to preside over New York City Surface Mini rollout | ZDNet
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #2655

Surface Mini to be announced this May 20!

Microsoft CEO Nadella expected to preside over New York City Surface Mini rollout | ZDNet
If it is 8 inch Full HD screen and Windows 8 NOT RT not ARM, I'll buy it immediately, but the news I heard for Surface mini is RT.
wei2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.