Microsoft Surface

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
I got it.. haven't open up yet but it seems very good value with the $50 voucher. I used it to offset the type cover purchase.

FYI its heavy, you might be tired bringing home on public transport unless you are fit :s22:

the $50 voucher only meant for microsoft products?

aural

Reaction score
No its a capitaland voucher so you can use it to buy anything

This is the confusing part. we buy the grab and go at 145? or 99?
the 50 bucks voucher is given or offset by the price?
Seems to be error somewhere. lol

Nirvani

Reaction score
This is the confusing part. we buy the grab and go at 145? or 99?
the 50 bucks voucher is given or offset by the price?
Seems to be error somewhere. lol

You buy it at 149 and redeem a $50 voucher.

Its ok for me as capitaland voucher is essentially as good as cash.

aural

Reaction score
You buy it at 149 and redeem a $50 voucher.

Its ok for me as capitaland voucher is essentially as good as cash.

lol ok now its clear. Yah in fact the brochure states instant redemption means u can actually offset at the point of purchase to pay 99 instead i think.

aural

Reaction score
Finally got my tracking number.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 Location Time
1 Shipment information received SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 21:30

Looks like really monday then can get.

Ray1976

Reaction score
i do find my i7 gets heated up really fast. a simple task like installing a program (like inkscape) , it gets heated up and the fan starts to work overtime...

when doing windows updates, while the updates are downloading (400mb)....within a minute, the temperature shoots up and you can hear the fan blowing quite loudly...

also when i was watching a youtube video, it also gets hotter...from warm.... will continue to monitor

note: the part that is hot is at the right side when in landscape mode.

I guess by now you should have known about the high temp that plagued all Surface Pro 3 with Core i7...good news is that Microsoft acknowledged and believe that a software update should "solve" this temp bug...

Ray1976

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88128379 said:
Hahaha, mass gathering of Surfaces! Anyway, no worries about the meeting place, we'll figure that out when the time comes :)

Added!

---

For those who haven't seen it yet, there's a mini-MO ongoing now for screen protectors/back protectors/stickers! See more here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88060396-post3537.html

I'm only doing one more batch, after that I will stop. I can only take in max of 15 items per order.

Thanks bro! Shall meet at Bishan then...

kchinbeng

Reaction score
Thanks for all reply for my enquiry. The K I will skip surface pro 2 then. Shall wait for pro 3 to drop price.

Vulpix

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88131006 said:
Mod, seriously? that was the only post i had with all the details of the people who ordered. at least let me keep a copy of the post?!??! now how on earth i know who bought what?! i didn't' even take a SINGLE CENT from these folks who ordered!

i'm not even profiteering from the MO. we are just doing a mini-group buy to share the priority shipping costs, similar to the amazon threads on EDMW where people are grouping together to hit the US$125 for free shipping!

Whether you profit or not doesn't matter. The rules are no MO outside of the MO forums. You can PM the mod and ask him the retrieve a copy of the deleted post if you need it. There is already a sticky that says no buying and selling allowed in the Tablet Den, MOs are also a form of sales if you aren't aware. If you want to do a MO, take it to the MO forums.

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whether you profit or not doesn't matter. The rules are no MO outside of the MO forums. You can PM the mod and ask him the retrieve a copy of the deleted post if you need it. There is already a sticky that says no buying and selling allowed in the Tablet Den, MOs are also a form of sales if you aren't aware. If you want to do a MO, take it to the MO forums.
so what's the difference btw what's going on in the amz threads on edmw vs this? why the dbl standard policies if its not allowed forum wide?

in any case, i just need a copy of the post back at this point otherwise i hv no record of who ordered what at all. at the very least if you pm-ed me informing me about this, i will stop and make a backup of the post first and remove it.

removing it like that, while within your rights, is completely cold and is screwing ppl up zzz

Last edited:

aural

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88131166 said:
so what's the difference btw what's going on in the amz threads on edmw vs this? why the dbl standard policies if its not allowed forum wide?

in any case, i just need a copy of the post back at this point otherwise i hv no record of who ordered what at all. at least give some notification if you're going to remove the entire post!

Bro chill. i'm sure the mod will help you with the post. Nonetheless, whoever order please also PM Mango too.

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score
I guess by now you should have known about the high temp that plagued all Surface Pro 3 with Core i7...good news is that Microsoft acknowledged and believe that a software update should "solve" this temp bug...

actually the patch will also scale down the clock cycle for i7...so performance improvement over i5 may not be worth the premium

buy i7 if you want 512gb ssd

miragez

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;88131978 said:
Mod has gotten back with the list of ppl who ordered :)

Phew I was checking this thread with my mobile phone when suddenly I saw the list is gone.

Mango what other product are you moing beside the back protector, I saw screen protector is it the MIME GHOST.

@Vulpix is it possible for a link from MO thread to link here for awareness or I have to go to the MO thread to look for it thanks. Just hope to clarify certain regulations of this forum.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.