HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #3046

Sweet, look like microsoft repair service is good
honestly i prefer 1 to 1 exchange policy.
btw do you need to produce receipts
Nope. They normally do repairs and send the repaired device back to you but for my case, my whole surface rusted. They could either change the whole case, which will definitely be more costly than just sending me one of their refurbs.
Their service SUCKS, if you don't realize yet. I'm sending in 1 item in for 3 times and they can't even get it functioning.

How long is the warranty for?
So what happens after the warranty period?
For new surface and accessories, it's 1 year unless you buy extended warranty. Then if you send in for repair, the warranty period is 90 days or whatever left of your warranty whichever longer.
After warranty period? You pay lor.
expositox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #3047
Master Member

anyone got their freedomcase?
not yet.
they only updated on monday that their us shipment are being shipped to their us fulfilment centre. while the international shipment are being prepped to be shipped from hkg. actually shipping would most likely start late this week or early next week.
attapKia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #3048

Anyone tried ordering from MS online store under student pricing?

10% off SP3 and related accessories
I did a pre-order and got this email:

Thank you for pre-ordering the all-new 12-inch, ultra powerful Surface Pro 3 from microsoftstore.com.

As you are one of the first 500 customers to pre-order, we are offering you a gift, an exclusive messenger bag.

mtech88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #3049

Thank you for pre-ordering the all-new 12-inch, ultra powerful Surface Pro 3 from microsoftstore.com.

As you are one of the first 500 customers to pre-order, we are offering you a gift, an exclusive messenger bag.

I also got the email. Lol
kimurastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #3050

anyone got their freedomcase?

They begin to ship by the end of July. So probably the latest you can get is by the end of July or early August.
ccccccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #3051

I read somewhere that if u use a specific credit card, u get this free gift. I forgot which one. What card did u use?
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #3052

Challenger Singapore

Challenger's pre order got free hdd!
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #3053

I'm curious where the collection point will be if you preorder online MS store...

Challenger Singapore

Challenger's pre order got free hdd!
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #3054

I'm curious where the collection point will be if you preorder online MS store...
i was thinking they'll post the surface to you like any other online purchase or is it different for new product launches? if theres dead pixels or lemon units at launch collection, any possibility of 1 to 1 exchange?

anyway I actually checked some other places... newstead's preorder have free $100 accessories voucher
Earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #3055
Supremacy Member

i was thinking they'll post the surface to you like any other online purchase or is it different for new product launches? if theres dead pixels or lemon units at launch collection, any possibility of 1 to 1 exchange?

anyway I actually checked some other places... newstead's preorder have free $100 accessories voucher
Ms will deliver to you by dhl. I received a scratched set from Ms store before. I called them and they said a refurbished set will be sent to you if you wish to have it exchanged. They need to wake up from their daydream .
whatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #3056

eh why i pre-order no receive any mail about the messenger bag =( You all pre-ordered at quite an early stage?

Pre-ordering from challenger looks tempting with the free gift ... but they dont give academic offer which is 10 percent
Imperado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #3057
Banned

Ms will deliver to you by dhl. I received a scratched set from Ms store before. I called them and they said a refurbished set will be sent to you if you wish to have it exchanged. They need to wake up from their daydream .
isn't it the same as iphone
they don't repair up to components level
instead they give you a refurbished set.
Aisyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #3058
Supremacy Member

Cannot even clock 500 orders from Singapore. Really ****!
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #3059
Master Member

Cannot even clock 500 orders from Singapore. Really ****!
Sometimes I fear I'm one of the silly few waiting for the SP3
Niaoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 AM   #3060

Hi would anyone want to trade for my surface 3 keyboard when it is delivered to me? You can pm me. Mine is red and I would like to trade with fellow sp3 pre orders keyboard of other colours too if anyone is keen. Cheers! If I'm not wrong red is online exclusive only..
junkeehunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.