Microsoft Surface

karwai88

Reaction score
Microsoft Surface - SP3 i7

My SP3 i7 is experiencing some serious overheating issue.
Fan starts to operate at full blast after 5 min of operating, and auto shut down if Im charging while running application such as DOTA2/installing updates from Microsoft.

How about you guys? Have requested for an exchange already.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fan starts to operate at full blast after 5 min of operating, and auto shut down if Im charging while running application such as DOTA2/installing updates from Microsoft.

What cpu bro

sianz

Reaction score

What's the process for an exchange like? I have requested a return but just wondering if it's any more convenient to do an exchange.

miragez

Reaction score
Guys for the extended service or Microsoft complete you need to call their hotline Singapore.

Name of the product:
Microsoft Complete Warranty Protection for Surface Pro

lwings

Reaction score
Guys for the extended service or Microsoft complete you need to call their hotline Singapore.

Name of the product:
Microsoft Complete Warranty Protection for Surface Pro

yeah! I just called in too to Microsoft Store Singapore. Asked them why the form isn't working and the cso replied that it happens. :/ If wanna send for servicing also need to call in.

miragez

Reaction score
:s8:I pushing a refund now and make another order :s13: the curve though its slight I prefer a straight one.

sianz

Reaction score
:s8:I pushing a refund now and make another order :s13: the curve though its slight I prefer a straight one.

Will probably take around 15 business days to get your money back so don't order till your refund in confirmed!

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, overheating is the number 1 issue for SP3 now. Heard there will be a major update coming up in the next few weeks which might resolve this, but at a price, which I think is throttling.

sianz

Reaction score
Yes, overheating is the number 1 issue for SP3 now. Heard there will be a major update coming up in the next few weeks which might resolve this, but at a price, which I think is throttling.

Only for i7. i3 and i5 confirm don't have this problem.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One thing to note is that overheating = quicker for battery to go bust. Might be worthwhile to place a small USB fan to aid in its ventilation. There's an article somewhere that shows that this help.

aural

Reaction score
So anybody else started the return process for their surface yet? I called the hotline and they said I must wait for their back end to call me within 48hrs to tell me what to do next.

Edit: I got the email from their back end. They are going to send me a prepaid shipping label for me to send back my unit.

It's pre-paid but when U get your refund I think they will deduct the shipping costs all from the refund. Do check with the CS on this.

echoblue

Reaction score

I thought you already accepted the fate of your "curved" surface :) I thought its minor only? Can you state the batch # of your surface? (it's printed on the box)

sianz

Reaction score
Really ? Is this refund situation very messy ?

It just takes time. They have to get your surface back, make sure it came with everything, then contact the credit card company to do the refund and that takes time too as the credit card company will have to process it.

You haven't initiated the process? You only have 14 days from the delivery date to do so. Better hurry if you want it.

sianz

Reaction score
It's pre-paid but when U get your refund I think they will deduct the shipping costs all from the refund. Do check with the CS on this.

Turns out for Surface its different. They are going to come collect from my house. Quite good service.

alan_shearer

Reaction score
Anyone has any ideas/suggestions/remedies for the fact that the type cover is a fingerprint magnet? I mean, I totally love typing on it but after I am done I look at the keyboard and I sigh....

My type cover is blue, by the way.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.