HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #3211

I ordered direct from microsoft coz I have student price for it Btw for those that bought from challenger and etc what is their 1 to 1 exchange duration (days) ?
Hi, I typed in my nus email last night but I didn't get any email. How long did u have to wait for your verification email?
AstoxicAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #3212

Did you questions about what is include in the valid factory defects, I mean just curious was it your term or their terms of valid factory defects.
I didn't ask but the usual ones are functionality issues. Dead pixels maybe but those aesthetics ones like scratches and dents,may be difficult to replace. broken screen unlikely. These I suggest you check upon purchase.

When I claimed warranty on my first Surface RT (US bought), MS SG vendor actually replaced it w/ a new one. I believe no refurbish sets yet coz RT was just released at SG that time
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #3213

Hi, I typed in my nus email last night but I didn't get any email. How long did u have to wait for your verification email?
It supposed to be very fast less than 15 minutes. But do take note... its quite buggy.... Especially with the verification.... system dun ever click twice hahaha. Coz I over done it three times.. I need to take a picture of my student card as verification....

Last edited by miragez; 07-08-2014 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: update
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #3214

Hmm... Was eagerly anticipating for the SP3.... only to be disappointed by a video showing that it has a fan.

With Broadwell coming up next year, equipping tablets with fanless designs, I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade. So putting off my SP3 purchase for now ... and getting a SP1 on the interim.

Anyone knows of any retailers slashing prices of their SP1? Greatly appreciated
boobip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #3215

Hmm... Was eagerly anticipating for the SP3.... only to be disappointed by a video showing that it has a fan.

With Broadwell coming up next year, equipping tablets with fanless designs, I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade. So putting off my SP3 purchase for now ... and getting a SP1 in the interim.

I guess Microsoft will still stick with the fan, due to the amount of horse power the processor runs... the heat will still need a fan or some kind ventilation to cool it down. I cannot see a processor running at i7 2.x GHZ with no fans... probably killing the device and battery faster. That is my thoughts but I might be wrong.... one thick cooling paste on the processor is doable...
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #3216
High Supremacy Member

Yes, as long as its from these shops (challenger, newstead, etc) they offer 1:1 exchange within their respective exchange period. After that, we go directly to Microsoft (online and 3rd party will collect and do the warranty)
actually what I meant is, or what the challenger guy told me is, not about the 1st X days 1-to-1 exchange, but it is during the 1 year warranty period, if there is defect, upon calling MS, MS will send a guy over, with a replacement, then take your set back. there is no repair, ect, 1-to-1 exchange, refurbished or what, i dun know. but if after that, MS found your replaced set was due to accidental/human damage, they will come back to you.

the above is the sales guy told me one.
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #3217

I ordered direct from microsoft coz I have student price for it Btw for those that bought from challenger and etc what is their 1 to 1 exchange duration (days) ?
i am thinking to do the same with EDU

the 10% saving + 30% keyboard = $260 saving

much better than any voucher or hard disk
Old 08-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #3218

For student offer, how do they validate if you are student or not? In the preorder system, there is no validation at all (at least I try until last step before making payment).
Vincent_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #3219

For student offer, how do they validate if you are student or not? In the preorder system, there is no validation at all (at least I try until last step before making payment).
The next step will be entering a school email.

I didn't get the verification mail so the cso sent me another. Unfortunately on his end there's a bug that didn't apply the student discount and 30% off the type cover. So what he did was to charge me full price, then once resolved, refund me the discounted amount. Lol
Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #3220

With Broadwell coming up next year, equipping tablets with fanless designs, I'm pretty sure there will be an upgrade. So putting off my SP3 purchase for now ... and getting a SP1 on the interim.

Definitely got upgrade, before you know it next year end should be surface pro 5.so it really depends on your existing needs and available budget.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #3221

actually what I meant is, or what the challenger guy told me is, not about the 1st X days 1-to-1 exchange, but it is during the 1 year warranty period, if there is defect, upon calling MS, MS will send a guy over, with a replacement, then take your set back. there is no repair, ect, 1-to-1 exchange, refurbished or what, i dun know. but if after that, MS found your replaced set was due to accidental/human damage, they will come back to you.

the above is the sales guy told me one.
He is correct. You report on MS hotline or online to report your warranty claims. They will do some troubleshooting over the phone. Once confirmed its highly a factory defect, they will send over someone to collect and replace your unit as UV mentioned. Yes, either brand new or refurbished sets. Surface has the highest difficulty to repair.
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #3222
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

it is great...only grip no 3G/LTE

I rather take one without built-in 3G/LTE. It's better for an external 3G/LTE dongle for it's speed upgradable. Of course there's a chance that you may forget to bring the dongle out one day when you need it.
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #3223

The next step will be entering a school email.

I didn't get the verification mail so the cso sent me another. Unfortunately on his end there's a bug that didn't apply the student discount and 30% off the type cover. So what he did was to charge me full price, then once resolved, refund me the discounted amount. Lol
I have also faced a bug, and have been asked to "try again next day" for the past 4 days! Probably happened because I cancelled my prior pre-order so that I could get the 30% off with a new pre-order.
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #3224
Master Member

Is the blue keyboard similar to the one they launched in Japan?
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #3225

what's the different to the jap one ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.