HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #3226
Master Member

I was reading somewhere that they initially launched 4 colors (no blue).
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #3227

I have also faced a bug, and have been asked to "try again next day" for the past 4 days! Probably happened because I cancelled my prior pre-order so that I could get the 30% off with a new pre-order.
So, if I use my own Microsoft Account and credit card, and then enter my friend school email and ensure my friend confirm it, there is no problem?
Vincent_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:12 AM   #3228

Anyone has any idea of where I can get a surface power cover in Singapore? any shop or anyone brought it in?
desolatedgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #3229

Tried the demo set at funan yesterday. It feels lighter than it looks, finishing is good (feels like a premium product as it should). Type cover is surprisingly good to type on, but I'm thinking if i really need it (Been using my Asus T100 solely in tablet form with the onscreen keyboard for the past few months). The Pen was a little bit underwhelming. It's good, but the S-Pen on the Samsung feels much smoother. When I asked about making notes on PDF all the sales staff keep telling me to import the PDF into MS Office 2013
kenshinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #3230

Tried the demo set at funan yesterday. It feels lighter than it looks, finishing is good (feels like a premium product as it should). Type cover is surprisingly good to type on, but I'm thinking if i really need it (Been using my Asus T100 solely in tablet form with the onscreen keyboard for the past few months). The Pen was a little bit underwhelming. It's good, but the S-Pen on the Samsung feels much smoother. When I asked about making notes on PDF all the sales staff keep telling me to import the PDF into MS Office 2013

Yeap, the OneNote in the Demo unit is not the full version. As such, they also emphasized that they cannot show the write to text conversion
Old 08-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #3231
High Supremacy Member

Silly questions maybe.

1. can format and reinstallation of OS be done like normal desktop/lappy? like I connect a ext cdrom, put in boot disk, start from cdrom......
2. can typecover is purely on magnet. will the magnet, in anyway, render the parts in this machine unusable due to magnetization?
chengsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #3232

1) should be the same, its exactly like a desktop/laptop just in tablet form

2) i'm sure they tested the magnets extensively before adopting it. most of our phone's flip covers also utilize magnets for the sleep/wake function now
kenshinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #3233
Master Member

Tested it today at Funan. First impression is really good. Super light and slim. Doesnt feel that bad on hands. Onky found the typr cover to not be good enough for me. Other than that it is a really good device for school and office.
Momentumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #3234
E_T
Master Member

Anyone knows if other Challenger branches have SP3? Like Tampines or Whitesand?
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #3235
Arch-Supremacy Member

Silly questions maybe.

1. can format and reinstallation of OS be done like normal desktop/lappy? like I connect a ext cdrom, put in boot disk, start from cdrom......
2. can typecover is purely on magnet. will the magnet, in anyway, render the parts in this machine unusable due to magnetization?
i'm using a sp2. if you are referring to sp3 then:
1. can format and reinstall OS. it is a laptop/ultrabook. you can connect a ext drive to it and boot from there.

2. so far, the magnets have not done any damage to my unit. also have not heard of the typecovers' magnets causing issues. but I've heard magnets from covers causing issue on the screen instead (though it's still low instances).
otaku7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #3236

Anyone knows if other Challenger branches have SP3? Like Tampines or Whitesand?
For preview? It's Funan for now
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:59 PM   #3237
Banned

Silly questions maybe.

not advisable cos it does not come with a recovery cd
Besides you might have problem with the hardware drivers
Zoysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #3238

FYI hands on preview is now available at Harvey Norman this weekend at Expo!
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #3239
Banned

i'm using a sp2. if you are referring to sp3 then:
1. can format and reinstall OS. it is a laptop/ultrabook. you can connect a ext drive to it and boot from there.

Windows 8 recovery .. its in the personal settings or something..
arcanehacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #3240
Banned

If pre-order now from funan, can get 1 Tb hard disk as freebies. But IT show next month..... Don't know will give more freebies anot
eijnaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.