Microsoft Surface

miragez

Reaction score
This is crazy, I did not know there's such thing....

May I know whose device is this :s12: Super nice.. can tell me how it feels ?

30j5tua.jpg

Note: This is not my device, but I want to know the user experience with this... but its really nice leh.

Last edited:

Ray1976

Reaction score
Using bluestacks to emulated Android.
It is quite amazing being able to play clash of clans,etc but gfx speed is quite bad.
Anyway to improve?
Or are there any other android emulators which are better?

Best of both worlds really!

Why use bluestack when you have Andy?! The latter is much more robust than the former.

Ray1976

Reaction score
Do you need to open Bluestack to check your whatsapp message every time?

Yes...you need to run that....It will run run as a sandbox version (Virtualization). I'm using Whatsapp on my Surface Pro 3 now...

Last edited:

miragez

Reaction score
Why use bluestack when you have Andy?! The latter is much more robust than the former.

:s13: nice recommendation, then what reason do we need a Samsung tablet now we have this apps.

My thoughts here not sure have you tried:

1. disable MS SP3 rotation... and then allow andy to handle gyro to play game on it ?

2. Does this crank up the processor to run higher speed to allow smooth transition and performance of game experience ? ( Is the tablet hot ? )

Ray1976

Reaction score
hey anyone got problem with using the double click of the back button to do a screen shot? Mine doesn't seem to work. Clicking once does bring me to one note to create a new note though.

You want to capture screenshot using the Pen and export it to One Note? Or are you trying to do a screen capture of the entire screen content?

There is a difference...

For the latter, you just need to press and hold the Windows logo button on the right of the tablet and press the Vol Down button at the same time...it will capture the entire screen and save to a screenshot folder.

savage

Master Member
Reaction score
You want to capture screenshot using the Pen and export it to One Note? Or are you trying to do a screen capture of the entire screen content?

There is a difference...

For the latter, you just need to press and hold the Windows logo button on the right of the tablet and press the Vol Down button at the same time...it will capture the entire screen and save to a screenshot folder.
i want to use the pen to screen cap and bring into one note

Ray1976

Reaction score
:s13: nice recommendation, then what reason do we need a Samsung tablet now we have this apps.

My thoughts here not sure have you tried:

1. disable MS SP3 rotation... and then allow andy to handle gyro to play game on it ?

2. Does this crank up the processor to run higher speed to allow smooth transition and performance of game experience ? ( Is the tablet hot ? )

I didn't really have the time to play with Andy yet...most of the thing is touch and go...even my Surface Pro 3 :p Hahaha...

I have used Whatsapp function on the Andy and everything runs smoothly as expected but some of the features like taking a camera shot - will not work and render the Whatsapp to receive a "no response error message"...but this is to be expected as the Android emulator clearly do not have access to the Surface Pro 3 in-built camera. Hence this is something that users of Andy or rather Android emulator or equivalent will have to come to compromise. Another thing is the copying of files from the Surface Pro 3 storage to the Andy Emulator (which is also using a a partition on the Surface Pro 3)...it can be quite tricky to copy files...using ESplorer.

Ray1976

Reaction score
i want to use the pen to screen cap and bring into one note

Can you go to the Pc & devices settings and remove the Pen and do a Search for the Pen again and see if it helps...

How fast did you double-click? And for what its worth...make sure you did an update on the Windows!!! There has been some issue with the Surface Pro 3 Out of the box for the Pen. So pls do a Check for Updates and apply the latest updates...it should work.

Ray1976

Reaction score
Here's the Home Screen of Andy...and you can see Whatsapp been installed. Operation is simple as the User interface is and settings should be a familiar sight for Android phone/tablet users...

whatsapp_andy.jpg

Reaction score
Go to desktop

right click on battery icon on taskbar

click on change plan settings

click on change advanced power settings

look for processor power management

there you will have max/min processor state

Under change adv power settings, I only see desktop background settings, display brightness, power buttons and battery... no processor power management...

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
I have about a 1.2k budget to get the best Windows 8 tablet out there. Is the Surface Pro 3 base model the best? Or are there other better options.

I need a good balance between battery life and performance. I don't mind the size, etc.

I'm leaning to the base model of the Surface Pro 3 now. Other suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.

echoblue

Reaction score
hey anyone got problem with using the double click of the back button to do a screen shot? Mine doesn't seem to work. Clicking once does bring me to one note to create a new note though.

Update your PC. Mine works after doing that

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

~大.芒.果~;88300192 said:
Pm-ed you........

Thanks but I've just done my back protector skin at SL SQ 5th level. It looks almost the same as the picture in the link I posted

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

This is crazy, I did not know there's such thing....

May I know whose device is this :s12: Super nice.. can tell me how it feels ?

30j5tua.jpg

Note: This is not my device, but I want to know the user experience with this... but its really nice leh.

That's mine lah. I've it just done at the shop in SL SQ 5th level.

The black carbon fibre back protector skin gives a slight rough feeling for gripping. The fire red edges give a stunning sense of contrast between the blacks.

The applicator displays professionalism in his workmanship in manually cutting and applying the skin rather than those machine-stamped skin which you bought on the net. He also covered my pen holder location with the same back protector material so there appears only one colour from the back i.e. no difference between the grey colour pen holder and the black colour back protector.

Last edited:

alan_shearer

Reaction score
That's mine lah. I've it just done at the shop in SL SQ 5th level.

The black carbon fibre back protector skin gives a slight rough feeling for gripping. The fire red edges give a stunning sense of contrast between the blacks.

The applicator displays professionalism in his workmanship in manually cutting and applying the skin rather than those machine-stamped skin which you bought on the net. He also covered my pen holder location with the same back protector material so there appears only one colour from the back i.e. no difference between the grey colour pen holder and the black colour back protector.

very nice! can tell us name/unit number of shop?

picagen

Reaction score
Under change adv power settings, I only see desktop background settings, display brightness, power buttons and battery... no processor power management...

Oh.. you need to disable connected standby and make sure hyperV is not running.

To disable connected standby(InstantGo) please see my earlier post.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.