HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #3346

what the fk is wrong with Jabil (local courier for Msft products)/Microsoft.
Sent my type cover in thrice, every single time came back faulty.
Guess who's not sending in for the fourth time.

Gonna make a fuss until they refund me so I can buy new type cover or just head down to a retail store to change 1-for-1 or something. I'm NOT taking another chance to waste my time sending in for repair only to come back faulty. I have to apply for leave every time I want to send it in for repair.

Sorry for WOT, but just really angry at them rn. When you guys receive your SP3, if there's a SLIGHT defect that you can live with, I'd suggest living with it. If I were you I'd not want to send it in for repair, probably gonna come back with more faults.
Got complain to the online tech support? If I were you I'll also be super pissed
alyssax likes this.
AstoxicAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #3347

Sigh really people in US facing problems alrdy? Why can't companies get things right even before selling them?
Actually a lot of complains. Throttling issues that makes ur i5/i7 perform like an i3 make the bulk of the complains since the money u pay for better chips is not justified.

I would say the system's power management capabilities is also an issue. Even though it's in sleep, battery drains like crazy.

I'm okay with some bugs as that's to be expected with technology but I hope it's easy to identify between a bug and a product defect.
Old 20-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #3348
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

Actually a lot of complains. Throttling issues that makes ur i5/i7 perform like an i3 make the bulk of the complains since the money u pay for better chips is not justified.

I would say the system's power management capabilities is also an issue. Even though it's in sleep, battery drains like crazy.

I'm okay with some bugs as that's to be expected with technology but I hope it's easy to identify between a bug and a product defect.

I've pre-ordered the i7 model.

To me I have no use of the i7 for intensive applications so I believe throttling don't affect me. Well, may be once in a while I may watch some movies. Other than that I'll use it normally like what I'm using my netbook now.

I think before one makes a purchase of an item he must evaluate his needs. It's no point harping on its limitations after that.

Tell me. Which notebook/ultraportable don't have its limitations?
Apparatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #3349

Anyone knows if there is a place offering 10% discount even if you're not a student?
Old 20-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #3350
Master Member

I've pre-ordered the i7 model.

To me I have no use of the i7 for intensive applications so I believe throttling don't affect me. Well, may be once in a while I may watch some movies. Other than that I'll use it normally like what I'm using my netbook now.

I think before one makes a purchase of an item he must evaluate his needs. It's no point harping on its limitations after that.

Tell me. Which notebook/ultraportable don't have its limitations?
i7 is an overkill for your usage but as long as one is happy, that's most important.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #3351
Master Member

hi guys, i was looking around for nice covers, which we know majority do not allow the sp3 to use their own kickstands. (the covers have their own)

so taking that into consideration, i wanted a cover that i can remove the sp3 easily should i want to use sp3's kickstand.

came across this;

Cobalt Blue for<br />Surface Pro 3 - Surface Cases - Cases - Protective Cover - Maroo Products

Woodland Red for<br />Surface Pro 3 - Surface Cases - Cases - Protective Cover - Maroo Products

looks neat,slim and professional. would be great it you guys found anything better than this too!
I might be settling for Amazon.com: Snugg Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Leather Wallet Case in Black - High Quality Case with Card Slot, Pocket and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior: Computers & Accessories instead. I am not sure if those "tight fit" covers would make heat dissipation worse.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 06:12 PM   #3352
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

i7 is an overkill for your usage but as long as one is happy, that's most important.
Near future proofing at least for 2 years lah
Apparatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #3353

I might be settling for Amazon.com: Snugg Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Leather Wallet Case in Black - High Quality Case with Card Slot, Pocket and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior: Computers & Accessories instead. I am not sure if those "tight fit" covers would make heat dissipation worse.
This is consider as a sleeve ? with a cover right ?
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #3354
Master Member

Near future proofing at least for 2 years lah
I would also go for the highest spec'd if I have the money.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #3355

I would also go for the highest spec'd if I have the money.
Reports are saying that due to the throttling issue it doesn't make sense to pay a premium for the i7 models.
Nirvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #3356
Master Member

Reports are saying that due to the throttling issue it doesn't make sense to pay a premium for the i7 models.
Didn't know about the throttling issue until I I read from the reply in this thread yesterday but even if I knew about it, I would still go for i5 not i3. Did you get the i3 instead?
Old 21-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #3357

Didn't know about the throttling issue until I I read from the reply in this thread yesterday but even if I knew about it, I would still go for i5 not i3. Did you get the i3 instead?
For me I got the i5/8gb. heard from surfaceforums that the update yesterday reduced throttling and the heating up of the surface. I hope that's true.
Old 21-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #3358

Nope I got i5 8gb too.. That seems to be best trade off between price and features
Nirvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #3359
Master Member

I'm waiting for my pre-order to be shipped. Did anyone complain to MS about the charging of CC before they are shipped? I got the SMS about the charge on 18 August. I have ordered the Office365 university as well and to take advantage of the $20 discount promotion for the preorder.
Old 21-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #3360
Supremacy Member

The specs did not indicate how huge is the battery for surface 3...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.