HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #3466
Master Member

There is always a better version. I'm going for Surface pro 3 as I think I can refresh it when surface pro 5/6 comes out.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #3467

There is always a better version. I'm going for Surface pro 3 as I think I can refresh it when surface pro 5/6 comes out.
Which model you getting bro?
Ray1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #3468
High Supremacy Member

bump up for interest...if can get around 10 people will be best

Let's make it easier to keep track & consolidate

Product: iCarbons - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Skin
Estimated Cost: US$24 + Shipping (hoping to use DHL!)
FAQs about iCarbons Products: iCarbons - FAQ

Fill your names below

1. ~大.芒.果~
2. lrt2014
3. altca4
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #3469

Intend to get the Core i5 128GB with 4GB RAM model this coming COMEX 2014. Anyone think i3 is more than enuff? Anyone getting the entry version? Considering that the next iteration of Surface Pro may utilize Broadwell chipset which will be more energy efficient and fanless.
i3 is definitely enough. Problem is that it will only have the 64gb SSD, which is too small if you install a lot of programs. i5 128gb is better IMO.
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #3470

You are not wrong...I have tested a display set at HN Northpoint branch and experienced some lag as well, its as though the pen is not well calibrated with the display or vice versa...when I asked the young "boyish-looking" Microsoft sales promoter why SP2 never make it to Singapore...he replied that the release date between Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 cuts in too close, hence the decision not to get the model in?! WTF is he toking about? Then I asked him is SP3 going to replace a normal laptop? He replied confidently with a resounding "yes' w/o a moment of hesitation...then I asked him what does a laptop entails? He told me a a full blown keyboard and a touchpad...but you have to purchase it separately as some customer in the past had feedback to Microsoft that they DO NOT WANT a keyboard for Surface Pro, hence the decision to drop the keyboard to allow the customer to have a freedom of choice whether to spend extra $$$ or not...then I asked him, so is SP3 a laptop replacement in your opinion? He said 'YES' - then why the heck Microsoft did not include it in the first place if it is poised as a laptop replacement?! If what Microsoft past stance on the keyboard is true...it is a direct response to the previous model and NOT the current model - i.e. SP3. Make sense?

Then I asked him is this response coming from Microsoft (Singapore) or you make up for a reason just to patronize me? He smiled at me and didn't answer me...what an awkward moment...I thanked him and told him I would like to try out the newly displayed SP3.

Lesson for the sale promoter - Dun treat customer like an idiot. There is NO STUPID QUESTION, ONLY STUPID ANSWERS! Good to do some homework on the product you are selling. You'll be surprised how much *knowledge* these days customers had in their mind. Think before you answer.
Probably a student (no offense, this is not a generalization but just based on my experience). Talk to the supervisor for proper answers
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #3471

Am struggling between the Surface Pro 3 i5/8GB/256GB and the MacBook Pro Retina 13 256GB.

At $1911 vs S1988

Surface Pro 3 has worse off overall performance (on paper) versus MacBook Pro (OS & productivity tools aside). But it is lighter.

If I need a tablet, the iPad Air beats the Surface Pro 3 for handy, light weight, pure content consumption (again OS and productivity tools aside). But the Surface Pro 3 is a 2-in-1 which eliminates the need of carrying a laptop and a tablet.

Decisions decisions dilemma dilemma...
If you don't mind a bit more weight, the entry level RMBP 15 is much better than the highest spec RMBP 13. Quad core processor, better graphics, and the much larger screen has higher resolution.

Both of these are not really in the same class as the SP3, which is more comparable to MBA13.
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #3472
Master Member

Which model you getting bro?
I'm getting i5/8MB/256GB.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #3473

count me in on it. Thanks
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #3474
Master Member

I'm planning to get that too. not sure if i should pre-order from newstead or just get from MS online.

Think if get from MS online will be late right? I scared later they deliver I already fly out of SG.... going to bring it along with me overseas one...
Old 24-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #3475

Intend to get the Core i5 128GB with 4GB RAM model this coming COMEX 2014. Anyone think i3 is more than enuff? Anyone getting the entry version? Considering that the next iteration of Surface Pro may utilize Broadwell chipset which will be more energy efficient and fanless.
I got the i3 version... my reason is as i hv said b4. it will serve my current needs and with money saved in my hands for future proofing. plus the case/box seems to cater to the thermal envelop of i3-y better than i5/7-U(4th gen), if it was broadwell, i5/7 will be nicer.

64GB is a little small, but i am doing fine with my current(about to die) lappy (i5 2nd gen 4GB ram with 40GB SSD with win7) no issue serving my needs.. not gaming or runnning anything hard, mainly for portable, office, onenote, readings with movies n some video crunching - basic ffmpeg.

That is just me, you need to understand your current needs to determine which is better, though, if u need high end stuff, desktop or other larger full lappy might be better. i3 with 64gb might or might not suit your needs, you know yourself better. cheers...
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #3476
Master Member

is there any tempered glass screen protector for the surface pro?
mac_oasis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #3477
Supremacy Member

I ordered the side and back stickers liao then this MO check pops out :S
Mikiberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #3478
Master Member

You are not wrong...I have tested a display set at HN Northpoint branch and experienced some lag as well, its as though the pen is not well calibrated with the display or vice versa...when I asked the young "boyish-looking" Microsoft sales promoter why SP2 never make it to Singapore...he replied that the release date between Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 cuts in too close, hence the decision not to get the model in?! WTF is he toking about? Then I asked him is SP3 going to replace a normal laptop? He replied confidently with a resounding "yes' w/o a moment of hesitation...then I asked him what does a laptop entails? He told me a a full blown keyboard and a touchpad...but you have to purchase it separately as some customer in the past had feedback to Microsoft that they DO NOT WANT a keyboard for Surface Pro, hence the decision to drop the keyboard to allow the customer to have a freedom of choice whether to spend extra $$$ or not...then I asked him, so is SP3 a laptop replacement in your opinion? He said 'YES' - then why the heck Microsoft did not include it in the first place if it is poised as a laptop replacement?! If what Microsoft past stance on the keyboard is true...it is a direct response to the previous model and NOT the current model - i.e. SP3. Make sense?

Then I asked him is this response coming from Microsoft (Singapore) or you make up for a reason just to patronize me? He smiled at me and didn't answer me...what an awkward moment...I thanked him and told him I would like to try out the newly displayed SP3.

Lesson for the sale promoter - Dun treat customer like an idiot. There is NO STUPID QUESTION, ONLY STUPID ANSWERS! Good to do some homework on the product you are selling. You'll be surprised how much *knowledge* these days customers had in their mind. Think before you answer.
Experienced the same thing. From what I was told, most of the display sets are not software updated yet. Oh and don't go too harsh on those promoters man. They are just probably students trying to earn some extra $$. To me, a Surface Pro 3 can never replace a laptop still. It's more of a convenient hybrid device that's it.
Momentumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #3479
Supremacy Member

ops. my bad. looks like they learnt from SP2.
Pen is included for sp2 also
sars8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #3480
High Supremacy Member

I ordered the side and back stickers liao then this MO check pops out :S
hahah sorry

Let's make it easier to keep track & consolidate

Product: iCarbons - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Skin
Estimated Cost: US$24 + Shipping (hoping to use DHL!)
FAQs about iCarbons Products: iCarbons - FAQ

Fill your names below

1. ~大.芒.果~
2. lrt2014
3. altca4
4. picagen
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.