HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #3661
Banned

Got another call. Staff told me stock may come in Friday or if possible, Thursday evening. In the midst of me complaining nicely, with magic, all stocks just came in the door!

Now can collect tomorrow!

Which store and what model you purchase ah ?

Newsteads just inform me 6.45pm , saying all model arrived except my i7 512gb..... and asked whether i want a refund.
eijnaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #3662
Master Member

Got a call back and the staff tells me collection is Sept 1 after COMEX. Are they kidding me? Of course I told them I only preordered so I can get it on launch day. Why bother, I should have just bought at COMEX! Even had the right to say nobody from them committed such date. Of course I didn't shout and swear when talking to them, but definitely agitated. I also told them some people already got a call for collection tomorrow. The staff will "try" if I can get one earlier than Sept 1. Crazy
Illogical. i would never give my money to newstead ever. I have worked for them before and roughly know their work ethics. The last I wanted to buy an Asus T100 for a friend, they had to keep lying about transferring stocks to the store when actually the stock never existed. Sidetrack oops. I think next time for those who doesn't have student incentives, should just forget about pre-orders and just wait for retail day. Lol.
Momentumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #3663
Master Member

I'm still waiting. lol. Microsoft online store....
lol that one profit >>> customer
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #3664
Master Member

Illogical. i would never give my money to newstead ever. I have worked for them before and roughly know their work ethics. The last I wanted to buy an Asus T100 for a friend, they had to keep lying about transferring stocks to the store when actually the stock never existed. Sidetrack oops. I think next time for those who doesn't have student incentives, should just forget about pre-orders and just wait for retail day. Lol.
Do you know why they need to open so many stores with different names?
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #3665
Master Member

Do you know why they need to open so many stores with different names?
I have no idea. Yes notebook.com is under them. Nubox also. And they have lots of stores at Funan. Lol I don't mind having first failed attempt tomorrow. Called and ask they said west sider's stocks are at the west facility at Boon Lay industrial area for self-collect if fail lol.
Old 27-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #3666

lol that one profit >>> customer
阿弥陀佛。lol. Life is such. Wait in silence.
Stupid Idiot likes this.
aural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #3667

I called Microsoft Singapore whether a walk-in customer at Comex tmr can just get a SP3 (no pre-order)...the CSO also dunno whether there is any stock at Comex?! Harvey Norman sales chap told me that all the units for tmr are meant for pre-orders and there will not be any "ready stock" for walk-in customer. If that's the case, why the heck Microsoft so a launch tmr when it is more of a "collection date" for pre-order customers? I dun get it...I thought I can get a unit at Comex tmr...I guess this ain't gonna happen.
Ray1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 09:16 PM   #3668
Master Member

I called Microsoft Singapore whether a walk-in customer at Comex tmr can just get a SP3 (no pre-order)...the CSO also dunno whether there is any stock at Comex?! Harvey Norman sales chap told me that all the units for tmr are meant for pre-orders and there will not be any "ready stock" for walk-in customer. If that's the case, why the heck Microsoft so a launch tmr when it is more of a "collection date" for pre-order customers? I dun get it...I thought I can get a unit at Comex tmr...I guess this ain't gonna happen.
You can get from challenger.
Old 27-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #3669

There should be stocks at COMEX but very limited qty.
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #3670

Which store and what model you purchase ah ?

Newsteads just inform me 6.45pm , saying all model arrived except my i7 512gb..... and asked whether i want a refund.
Newstead (Digital lifestyle) Suntec, i5/256gb. They better not lie about the stock availability ��
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #3671
Master Member

Just called DHL. .mine will be delivered tomorrow..

Ordered 23 Aug ...core i5 256gb
Old 27-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #3672

Just called DHL. .mine will be delivered tomorrow..

Ordered 23 Aug ...core i5 256gb
Fr which store u ordered from?
Old 27-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #3673
Master Member

Fr which store u ordered from?
Microsoft online with 10% student discount..

Was worried they will reject my order cause i used my daughter primary school library card..

they sent me 2 mail... first one said my student discount was accepted and another email came next day said it was rejected as student discount was only meant for tertiary education..

i fast hand fast leg log in to order and it got through with the discount!!

initally the date shown was 1st sept cause i ordered so late... but am pleasantly surprise now that it is in singaporea waiting for delivery tomorrow
Old 27-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #3674

Microsoft online with 10% student discount..

Was worried they will reject my order cause i used my daughter primary school library card..

they sent me 2 mail... first one said my student discount was accepted and another email came next day said it was rejected as student discount was only meant for tertiary education..

i fast hand fast leg log in to order and it got through with the discount!!

initally the date shown was 1st sept cause i ordered so late... but am pleasantly surprise now that it is in singaporea waiting for delivery tomorrow
I ordered same stuff 2 days earlier but no news. Looks like u are lucky.
Old 27-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #3675
Honorary Member

Any idea when the student promo ends or is it some ongoing thing?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.