Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #376
Arch-Supremacy Member

An iPad Lover

such a harsh review...
There's no perfect device.

I can't go for a Surface as I really need the Dropbox app.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #377

There's no perfect device.

I can't go for a Surface as I really need the Dropbox app.
change to skydrive? there are rumours going arnd dropbox is readying an app...

I am still waiting for mine to ship over... =(
stupid_manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #378
Supremacy Member

saw some comments about testing battery life.
but no one mentioned how much are they getting out of the device and on what kind of usage etc...

would really like to know this.
any buddies who got it can drop some light on this?
gibson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #379
Master Member

Lol .. tempting leh .. struggling between Galaxy note 10.1 and Surface ... Love Surface design but love note 10.1 productivity function and slightly cheaper .. Shall debate with myself more ..
You might want to wait for the surface pro. 1080p resolution and I believe it comes with a stylus. It'll be closer to 1kg in weight though, but will be able to run all windows applications rather than just ARM ones. Things like Dropbox will work fine with it.

Last edited by masotime; 20-11-2012 at 07:23 PM..
masotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #380
Master Member

You can view the official specs of the surface pro here: Surface specifications
Old 20-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #381
Honorary Member

You might want to wait for the surface pro. 1080p resolution and I believe it comes with a stylus. It'll be closer to 1kg in weight though, but will be able to run all windows applications rather than just ARM ones. Things like Dropbox will work fine with it.
can always access dropbox thru the web lor..
Old 20-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #382
Master Member

can always access dropbox thru the web lor..
The web doesn't allow you to auto sync your files, and will always lag behind a dedicated interface. I suppose if your purpose is read only access then web access is still ok, but for working on the go, having a native Dropbox syncing on the folder where you're saving your docs helps a lot.
Old 20-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #383
Arch-Supremacy Member

change to skydrive? there are rumours going arnd dropbox is readying an app...

I am still waiting for mine to ship over... =(
Can't, using it for work. The folder and files shared by my colleagues.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #384
Arch-Supremacy Member

are there proper fb and twitter apps for surface?
lorettatay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #385

Comparison between Nexus 10 and Surface:

Part 1 focuses on web browsing. Part 2 compares the displays, basically higher resolution isn't necessarily better.

but no one mentioned how much are they getting out of the device and on what kind of usage etc...

Judging from reviews it should easily last a full day with moderate to heavy usage. Based on Engadget's battery test it'll last around 9.5 hours of continuous video watching. Also it takes around 2 hours from nearly empty to 100% charge, which is pretty good.

are there proper fb and twitter apps for surface?
No official apps at the moment, although there are third party Twitter apps. You can connect your Facebook/Twitter accounts and your news feed will show up in the People app. Works pretty well, or you can also just pin the website to the Start screen.
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #386
Arch-Supremacy Member

Comparison between Nexus 10 and Surface:

Part 1 focuses on web browsing. Part 2 compares the displays, basically higher resolution isn't necessarily better.

Judging from reviews it should easily last a full day with moderate to heavy usage. Based on Engadget's battery test it'll last around 9.5 hours of continuous video watching. Also it takes around 2 hours from nearly empty to 100% charge, which is pretty good.

No official apps at the moment, although there are third party Twitter apps. You can connect your Facebook/Twitter accounts and your news feed will show up in the People app. Works pretty well, or you can also just pin the website to the Start screen.
How nice if the people app allows gmail account
Old 21-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #387
Master Member

im using my surface for 4 days alr.. im a student who uses pdf, ppt, excel, word, music, internet browsing, social media and actively using it from 9am to 3pm then at home from 5pm to 12am. It can last me thru the whole day with 20% of battery left most of the time. wifi and Bluetooth always on and connected for me. smth I really like about it is that I only need about 2 hours to charge it while still using it from empty to full. For example now, this morning I charged it at 615am with 20% to start with. Now at 712am, it is already 70% while I'm using it to study for my exams. Love my surface. I've never used my laptop for 4 days alr. Surface meets my needs. Cheers
GanCW and phazer89 like this.
Red_Cheesepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #388

im using my surface for 4 days alr.. im a student who uses pdf, ppt, excel, word, music, internet browsing, social media and actively using it from 9am to 3pm then at home from 5pm to 12am. It can last me thru the whole day with 20% of battery left most of the time. wifi and Bluetooth always on and connected for me. smth I really like about it is that I only need about 2 hours to charge it while still using it from empty to full. For example now, this morning I charged it at 615am with 20% to start with. Now at 712am, it is already 70% while I'm using it to study for my exams. Love my surface. I've never used my laptop for 4 days alr. Surface meets my needs. Cheers
As I said before... its also about the whole cycle. runtime is already excellent plus only 2hrs for a full recharge...priceless.
back in the ipad days it took friggin forever to recharge...4-6hrs...? But anyhow the ipad was only a toy and did not run that often due to lack of productivity options or proper browsing experience, lol...flash anyone? ;-)
doctorweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #389

How nice if the people app allows gmail account
? It does. You can sync your email, contacts and calendars from Google accounts as well.
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #390
Arch-Supremacy Member

? It does. You can sync your email, contacts and calendars from Google accounts as well.
think i should rephrase my qn. i managed to include gmail account in my surface. now i hope soon there will be a fb app for it as well, btw metrotwit for surface is super cool. after playing with surface for 1 week i really falling in love with it. maybe soon i will switch to windows 8 hp instead of android lol...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.