Microsoft Surface

mark_twain

Reaction score
The launch of the new SP4 will impact more on Surface Pro 3 and less on your Surface 3. Price of Surface Pro 3 will drop by 10-20% for brand new unopened sets and for those selling used set, expect to drop price to at least 30% to sell.

As for Surface 3, less impact. However, if you are planning to sell away, the standard price drop for any used tablets or laptops applied. Get ready for 20-30% loss to cut a used set, and probably 10-20% for brand new set.

Sianz... like that how to sell away a brand new in box surface 3 with keyboard cover.. like cannot sell at all... 128GB.. any Saviour?

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;96935065 said:
Hello,

Does anyone else have a problem with their SP3 screen where there's a nice little "circle" on the screen that appears all the time despite you trying to clean it over and over again?

It's like a huge imprint from the base of a cup, quite hard to miss. Well, not that I place my cup on the surface screen :s13:

Does it look like an oil mark? If it does, RMA it. Screen got some problems liao.

skaade

Master Member
Reaction score
The launch of the new SP4 will impact more on Surface Pro 3 and less on your Surface 3. Price of Surface Pro 3 will drop by 10-20% for brand new unopened sets and for those selling used set, expect to drop price to at least 30% to sell.

As for Surface 3, less impact. However, if you are planning to sell away, the standard price drop for any used tablets or laptops applied. Get ready for 20-30% loss to cut a used set, and probably 10-20% for brand new set.

keeping my eyes peeled for good surface deals. picked up a SP first gen and im loving it so far. might be time to say bye to my macbook air.

xxkidxx

Reaction score
Surface Pro 3 Win 10 Battery

Hello to all Surface users.

Just wanted to check how is your battery life so far on Windows 10? I got bumped to Win 10 about 3 weeks ago, and did a fresh install after the upgrade.

I noticed the battery life is bad on Windows 10? I left it to sleep at 100%, & I wake up about 5 hours later to see it left with 80+%. Also with 80+%, I could only use at best 5 hours or so without charging? And only doing things like email, ppt, and music that's all.

Looked up online & got inconclusive results. So here's checking with you all if any is having the same battery problems?

Thanks!

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Hello to all Surface users.

Just wanted to check how is your battery life so far on Windows 10? I got bumped to Win 10 about 3 weeks ago, and did a fresh install after the upgrade.

I noticed the battery life is bad on Windows 10? I left it to sleep at 100%, & I wake up about 5 hours later to see it left with 80+%. Also with 80+%, I could only use at best 5 hours or so without charging? And only doing things like email, ppt, and music that's all.

Looked up online & got inconclusive results. So here's checking with you all if any is having the same battery problems?

Thanks!

I'm using SP3 PRO with Windows 10 since its release. Why don't you just switch off your set since you are going to bed like I do? Next morning no issue of battery drop lah

For normal usage like surfing internet and using MS Word it can last for about 9 hrs if lowered to 25% screen brightness with battery saver turn on and KB backlight turn off.

ashhong

Reaction score
I'm using SP3 PRO with Windows 10 since its release. Why don't you just switch off your set since you are going to bed like I do? Next morning no issue of battery drop lah

For normal usage like surfing internet and using MS Word it can last for about 9 hrs if lowered to 25% screen brightness with battery saver turn on and KB backlight turn off.

when you sleep, the com should also sleep and not be switched off.
i can't remember the last time that i shutdown my com and i only restart it when there is a windows update.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i can't remember the last time that i shutdown my com and i only restart it when there is a windows update.

If the item is on standby mode there's always a standby current being drawn from the battery otherwise how can you just tap a key and it wakes up immediately?

So the best way is to shut it down to avoid current drain.

Last edited:

ashhong

Reaction score
If the item is on standby mode there's always a standby current being drawn from the battery otherwise how can you just tap a key and it wakes up immediately?

So the best way is to shut it down to avoid current drain.

i am not saying that there is ZERO drain during standby but the drain rate should not be significant over the night. any drain of more than 5% a night is way too much, the battery is dying.

it depend on user preference. personally i can't stand having to wait a couple of seconds for the system to boot up and also to have to re-open all my apps

Bobby Goh

Reaction score

Do you know that you will still burn calorie when you sleep? Going by your logic, being asleep is no different from being dead..

dkxszzy

Reaction score
When I just updated to win 10, the battery life really sucked. I could immediately feel the drop in battery life. However, after several updates and disabling processes like Cortana (you need to turn off location service which IMO drains battery), I found myself better off with battery life almost equal to win 8.1 time (of course battery saver is always on).

Rickosw

Reaction score
Goodie Bundle for Surface Pro 4

Hi Guys,

with the imminent release of Surface Pro 4 (6 Oct), actual date of release in SG (much later as usual), i will like to check with you guys, if you can still remember, what are the goodie bundle that came with it & starting RRP

ie. was there any special promo when first released? (eg tablet cover, keyboard, Pen... etc)

roughly how much was the tablet when first release?

or wait for Comex / PC / IT Show to buy? then go better offers / sales / goodie bundle?

cheers!

xxkidxx

Reaction score
I spoke to someone from Microsoft in Ireland (cause the SG office works only office hours), her suggestion was to downgrade to 8.1, update everything to as recent as possible, then upgrade back to 10. Kinda trying to avoid this, and see if anyone encountered same issue.

Deavenger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

with the imminent release of Surface Pro 4 (6 Oct), actual date of release in SG (much later as usual), i will like to check with you guys, if you can still remember, what are the goodie bundle that came with it & starting RRP

ie. was there any special promo when first released? (eg tablet cover, keyboard, Pen... etc)

roughly how much was the tablet when first release?

or wait for Comex / PC / IT Show to buy? then go better offers / sales / goodie bundle?

cheers![/QUOTE
Nothing...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.