HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #3976

Didn't know surface 3 sell like hot cake.. my bad.
bring in more stock!!!
alan_shearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:10 AM   #3977

Didn't know surface 3 sell like hot cake.. my bad.
Initially wanted to make a trip down to your shop to test the surface of your tamper glass would affect the writing of the pen. Do you still have any demo ?

Who else bought the extended warranty, mine side seems to fail when trying to purchase it...

Last edited by miragez; 30-08-2014 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: update
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #3978

Just to share my experience with SP3.

Mine bought from ms online store. Its totally flat when rested on a flat table. Both front and back sides. I bought the i7 model.

I do experience the heating problem when I use it for a while, e.g. 8hours straight with display always on. Just installed updates, apps, one note, watch videos. The heating problem on mine not so bad. When I turn off display for a few minutes, the heat problem goes away easily.

Anyone knows where I can buy mini-DP to DP cable? Not easy to find..

Also has anyone purchased docking station for SP3? When does yours arrive? Ms store live chat say wait till 12Sep. But I suspect DHL already have it, they just don't want to release it yet.
zidane47us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #3979

games

Disney games free now on ms store for 14days. just sharing.
zidane47us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 07:18 AM   #3980

can you see the curvature ? or is it a dent ???

and also, anyone notice the light bleeding issue ? on a dark screen, you can see light out of the edges of the screen

What you have here is the next version of surface pro....the Microsoft Surface Pro Curve - for that immersive surround experience.
evershineoptical likes this.

Last edited by prelude; 30-08-2014 at 07:28 AM..
prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #3981
High Supremacy Member

Just to share my experience with SP3.

Mine bought from ms online store. Its totally flat when rested on a flat table. Both front and back sides. I bought the i7 model.

I do experience the heating problem when I use it for a while, e.g. 8hours straight with display always on. Just installed updates, apps, one note, watch videos. The heating problem on mine not so bad. When I turn off display for a few minutes, the heat problem goes away easily.

Anyone knows where I can buy mini-DP to DP cable? Not easy to find..

Also has anyone purchased docking station for SP3? When does yours arrive? Ms store live chat say wait till 12Sep. But I suspect DHL already have it, they just don't want to release it yet.
If dhl have you will have a tracking code... . So its still most likely in some warehouse in china.

As for cables, HWZ got a few sellers if u need it urgently...but mini-dp to dp cables are pretty expensive here :/. Would recommend getting them from monoprice or eBay, amazon or something else.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:04 AM   #3982

What you have here is the next version of surface pro....the Microsoft Surface Pro Curve - for that immersive surround experience.
not funny.
pilotsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #3983

it is more difficult to make curve panel and touch screen glass.
it will affect its touch accuracy if the front panel is curved compare to flat surface.

I don't think MS is adopting such design in the first place.
Since some customer got it flat and some curved, this is 100% definitely defect.

Should request immediate changes.
sinmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #3984

Looks like the self fix for the slight curve worked lol.
sianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #3985
Master Member

As for cables, HWZ got a few sellers if u need it urgently...but mini-dp to dp cables are pretty expensive here :/. Would recommend getting them from monoprice or eBay, amazon or something else.
Just take note that there are 2 version of DP cable. Most sold here are v1.1. I ordered one from Amazon with v1.2 that can support up to 4K with audio.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #3986
Master Member

If it is curved, it's definitely a defect. I'm glad mine is totally flat on surface. Saw one of the pictures a few posts back, it was super curved omg damn obvious it needs an exchange.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Momentumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #3987

Not the real SP3 pen, but pretty close and much cheaper....
New N Trig Stylus for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Pen | eBay
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #3988

Just take note that there are 2 version of DP cable. Most sold here are v1.1. I ordered one from Amazon with v1.2 that can support up to 4K with audio.
Can pm the link of the DP cable for 1.2? Thanks..
xinzizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #3989
Master Member

i find the arc mouse damn nice to use on any surfaces.
Am also using the arc mouse but it's the normal version not the surface pro edition
mac_oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #3990

If it is curved, it's definitely a defect. I'm glad mine is totally flat on surface. Saw one of the pictures a few posts back, it was super curved omg damn obvious it needs an exchange.
Yeah I agree those with curve that are super visible should change it.... mine is minor slight curve only, not that visible when put it flat. I can only say its a mm apart from the tablet.... ( The curve visibility from eye level when place on the table. )

But the true problem would be will they warranty this ? I know the pre-orders ones can send back within 14 days. But I wonder what is the rate of receiving an even worse one than the current one very scary...
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.