HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #391

im using my surface for 4 days alr.. im a student who uses pdf, ppt, excel, word, music, internet browsing, social media and actively using it from 9am to 3pm then at home from 5pm to 12am. It can last me thru the whole day with 20% of battery left most of the time. wifi and Bluetooth always on and connected for me. smth I really like about it is that I only need about 2 hours to charge it while still using it from empty to full. For example now, this morning I charged it at 615am with 20% to start with. Now at 712am, it is already 70% while I'm using it to study for my exams. Love my surface. I've never used my laptop for 4 days alr. Surface meets my needs. Cheers
Can u edit pdf file and highlight and write comment beside it .. Save the edited pdf file and sync with the windows 7 pc ? Is it doable ?
chansl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #392

think i should rephrase my qn. i managed to include gmail account in my surface. now i hope soon there will be a fb app for it as well, btw metrotwit for surface is super cool. after playing with surface for 1 week i really falling in love with it. maybe soon i will switch to windows 8 hp instead of android lol...
The experience will be priceless
stupid_manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #393

Any guys tried sites that requires full java requirements.
aural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #394

think i should rephrase my qn. i managed to include gmail account in my surface. now i hope soon there will be a fb app for it as well, btw metrotwit for surface is super cool. after playing with surface for 1 week i really falling in love with it. maybe soon i will switch to windows 8 hp instead of android lol...
Should be coming soon, along with Twitter. Remember to keep the app around though, thanks to Twitter's restrictions third-party apps have a 100k user limit, which is why Tweetro was pulled.

As mentioned though, the People app is a great Facebook alternative if you just need to check your news feed and like/comment to posts etc. Plus Metro IE is pretty much a desktop browser so browsing Facebook (or other sites) works great.
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #395
Master Member

Any guys tried sites that requires full java requirements.
Java requires to install the JVM plugin which in RT case is not possible, as RT only allows installation from the Store and IE10 do not have plugins anymore, most things are written in the code of IE10 itself like Flash Player. So Java in surface is a nono for now, I not sure about the future

Can u edit pdf file and highlight and write comment beside it .. Save the edited pdf file and sync with the windows 7 pc ? Is it doable ?
Yup, I can highlight and write comment/note on the highlighted words, but the comments will be hidden and tagged with the highlighted text. You can save and sync with it, i'm using it with skydrive so my docs will be sync thru out all my PCs. You cant edit the text from the reader app that is built in. I think editing text of PDF need other apps. But there are great 3rd party pdf apps in the store too.

As I said before... its also about the whole cycle. runtime is already excellent plus only 2hrs for a full recharge...priceless.
back in the ipad days it took friggin forever to recharge...4-6hrs...? But anyhow the ipad was only a toy and did not run that often due to lack of productivity options or proper browsing experience, lol...flash anyone? ;-)
Flash player is coded in IE10 in RT, I read from XDA that we can allow flash to work in websites by editing the system files and allowing the website. Read more from here: Enable Flash in Metro Browser on Windows 8 and RT – xda-developers

I have not tested it yet. Looks dangerous playing with the system files. haha
Red_Cheesepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #396
Supremacy Member

did anyone try installing window 8 on surface rt? possible?
supergmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #397
Master Member

Not possible. Surface cannot install anything that is not from the windows store.
Red_Cheesepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #398
Master Member

masotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #399

Flash player is coded in IE10 in RT, I read from XDA that we can allow flash to work in websites by editing the system files and allowing the website. Read more from here: Enable Flash in Metro Browser on Windows 8 and RT xda-developers
I have not tested it yet. Looks dangerous playing with the system files. haha
I actually meant the ipad is lacking flash while Surface has full support.
I already played with the whitelist...no biggie, if you can handle the text editor.. ;-)
Actually I had to add this *cough* website here to make videos embedded in the posts work
doctorweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #400

I actually meant the ipad is lacking flash while Surface has full support.
Actually surface has flash support but not all webpages using flash will run on surface because the flash on RT is not the same version those on desktop. I have come cross a few sites which
Surface cannot display pages containing flash code.
GanCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #401
Honorary Member

The web doesn't allow you to auto sync your files, and will always lag behind a dedicated interface. I suppose if your purpose is read only access then web access is still ok, but for working on the go, having a native Dropbox syncing on the folder where you're saving your docs helps a lot.
true also lor..
Old 22-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #402

Samsung Notebooks Tablets ATIV Smart PC XE700T1C-H03SG, XE500T1C-A01SG H01SG SITEX 2012 Price List Brochure Flyer Image

Ativ looks gd as well... the atom model is only 849 with 3G
Old 22-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #403

Samsung Notebooks Tablets ATIV Smart PC XE700T1C-H03SG, XE500T1C-A01SG H01SG SITEX 2012 Price List Brochure Flyer Image

849 is with trade in bro
gooiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #404

849 is with trade in bro
ops... but the price is still not bad... not sure about the performance though...

huge price diff between atom and i5
Old 22-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #405

i would consider if it wasn't atom. atom at this age is like ancient
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.