HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #4051
High Supremacy Member

Regarding the curved surface issue, as I ordered mine thru a local vendor, which would be a better way?
1) Call Microsoft and ask for a replacement, risking that they'll give you a refurbished set, or
2) Wait 2-3 weeks until that local vendor has stock (according to them) and do the exchange then.

The first one might be faster but somehow, I am more inclined to opt for the second option. At least can choose the right set. What do you think?
Second one...same reason as abv. no point getting a refurb set for a brand new item.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #4052

Regarding the curved surface issue, as I ordered mine thru a local vendor, which would be a better way?
1) Call Microsoft and ask for a replacement, risking that they'll give you a refurbished set, or
2) Wait 2-3 weeks until that local vendor has stock (according to them) and do the exchange then.

The first one might be faster but somehow, I am more inclined to opt for the second option. At least can choose the right set. What do you think?
Isn't option 2 going to be risky if the local vendor can deny an exchange due to the time frame drag too long ?

Then what about pre-order directly from Microsoft stores sg, we only have options 1 ? or options two is also valid as well ?

Last edited by miragez; 30-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: update
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #4053

Anyone managed to get Ms complete for your sp3?
AstoxicAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #4054
Supremacy Member

why need to wait 2-3 weeks with vendor?
Mikiberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #4055
Master Member

why need to wait 2-3 weeks with vendor?
According to them it's due to high demand but I sense something is wrong after they told me to go to M'soft instead. After all, I called them just a day after getting the set. I should've opened and looked closely but then again after "years" of experience, still keep on doing the same mistake. Probably too excited to rip it off at home.

Last edited by purpleberry; 30-08-2014 at 10:16 PM..
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #4056
Master Member

Isn't option 2 going to be risky if the local vendor can deny an exchange due to the time frame drag too long ?

Then what about pre-order directly from Microsoft stores sg, we only have options 1 ? or options two is also valid as well ?
I've noted down the sales person who offer the exchange at their store but need to wait 2-3 weeks. I think I'd rather take this route than receiving another messed up system. Possibly a unit that one of you guys exchanged from here lol

If you pre-order via Microsoft, the only channel is with them.
Old 30-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #4057

I've noted down the sales person who offer the exchange at their store but need to wait 2-3 weeks. I think I'd rather take this route than receiving another messed up system. Possibly a unit that one of you guys exchanged from here lol

If you pre-order via Microsoft, the only channel is with them.
And their favourite options like any Apple stores they will do you an exchange to get refurbish set .... hmm if I call for a refund... I will lose student price right ? Any experience user here done this before ?
Old 30-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #4058
Master Member

And their favourite options like any Apple stores they will do you an exchange to get refurbish set .... hmm if I call for a refund... I will lose student price right ? Any experience user here done this before ?
You have to get black and white from them first before exchanging that they will honor the student discount. For such a big company, technically speaking, you'd need to follow the current deal if you place a new order. Unless you choose to return your set of course.
Old 30-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #4059

i am surrounded by everyone using their macbooks, and macbook air, ipads in a cafe..............not sure who is cooler lol.....
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #4060

what i like about my i7 surface 3....., it's very fast expecially when down loading and installing stuff..........when i m out, i connect wifi thru my hotspot created by my note 3....i tell you, very fast also....i m quite surprised. faster then surfing on my note 3 itself

how's the i5 performing. i m thinking of getting an i5 version
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #4061

i am surrounded by everyone using their macbooks, and macbook air, ipads in a cafe..............not sure who is cooler lol.....
of course bro.. surface pro 3. more cool, more powerful, more useful and more productive. hehe love your own.
zidane47us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #4062
Banned

anyone got try running torrent?
Southern Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #4063

Hi, Can someone tell me what is your cpu lowest speed when its idle...

Can see from Task manager...

is it true i5 only can go down 798MHz.. ?

Thanks
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #4064
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody else bought the arc touch mouse surface edition
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #4065

Anybody else bought the arc touch mouse surface edition
Anyone knows how much is it selling at comex or retail stores ?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.