HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #4096

Was gonna type drawboard PDF but U already listed it. I was really impressed by it during the trial so I purchased it. US$6.99 only.

As for the rest... still Googling and trying things out!
Wow..."only" US$6.99. Hahaha...if free will be great!
Ray1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #4097

Haven't really started using it as a laptop yet, but it is surprisingly good as a tablet at home. The 12 inch screen is great for reading, and weight feels no more than Ipad 4, even though it is actually heavier.
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #4098
Supremacy Member

thanks bro. go down ssrr later.
Why go there when u can easily try it at a Challenger near u?
Tucksoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #4099

Wow..."only" US$6.99. Hahaha...if free will be great!
Haha... value for money ma. I have a lot of steam games I bought during the summer sales also haven't play! That one is really waste money... but for drawboard for US$6.99 I'm confident of using it on a daily basis lol
AstoxicAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #4100
High Supremacy Member

Haha... value for money ma. I have a lot of steam games I bought during the summer sales also haven't play! That one is really waste money... but for drawboard for US$6.99 I'm confident of using it on a daily basis lol
Is it the same as or better than onenote? I currently import all my pdf into onenote then draw on it.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #4101

Didn't know can open PDF in OneNote, drawboard Pdf is like normal PDF program just that straight away can make notes on it, don't need to do any extra steps, its setup nicely the way I like so for 6.99 no brained, this kind of price sure support developer
kenshinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #4102
Arch-Supremacy Member

So many choices for cases and sleeves but dunno what to get le...
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #4103

Buy Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition
Buy Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition

I think if you make your way down to COMEX maybe got 15% off...

I think only the Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition is Bluetooth 4.0(they highlight it to be using Bluetooth 4.0) the rest even the Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition is just Bluetooth 3.0 (Never say its Bluetooth 4.0)

But if need to have the wheel scroll, then the only choice for Microsoft is the Sculpt comfort(comes with the grab and go bundle - just went for a quick round at comex today, there are a lot of grab and go everywhere, guess they restock)

HP also got this grab and go package, at $149 but comes with office365 Home(not Personal - support up to 5 devices) a HP wireless printer and a HP wireless mouse...(no $50 voucher)

Anyway, I bought a HP Bluetooth mouse Z5000, quite nice to use pretty thin, and cheap(~$34).. its just Bluetooth 3.0, uses just 1 AA battery.

Oh yes, those that have bought the arc mouse, its pretty expensive, but don't forget to get further discount, you can get $10 or $15 voucher.. Go to Microsoft®

S/NEligible PurchaseReward1. Purchase of 1 (one) of the following Eligible Product
Eligible Products
  • All-in-One Media Keyboard
  • Arc Keyboard
  • ARC Mouse
  • ARC Touch Mouse
  • LifeCam Cinema
  • LifeCam HD-3000
  • LifeCam Studio
  • LifeChat LX-3000
  • LifeChat LX-4000
  • LifeChat LX-6000
  • Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000
  • Sculpt Comfort Desktop
  • Sculpt Comfort Mouse
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
  • Sculpt Mobile Keyboard
  • Sculpt Touch Mouse
  • Wedge Mobile Keyboard
  • Wedge Touch Mouse
  • Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
  • Wireless Desktop 2000
  • Wireless Desktop 3000
S$10 CapitaLand Mall Shopping Voucher ("Voucher")2. Purchase of 1 (one) of the following Eligible Product together with a Qualifying Product.
Eligible Products
  • All-in-One Media Keyboard
  • Arc Keyboard
  • ARC Mouse
  • ARC Touch Mouse
  • LifeCam Cinema
  • LifeCam HD-3000
  • LifeCam Studio
  • LifeChat LX-3000
  • LifeChat LX-4000
  • LifeChat LX-6000
  • Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000
  • Sculpt Comfort Desktop
  • Sculpt Comfort Mouse
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
  • Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
  • Sculpt Mobile Keyboard
  • Sculpt Touch Mouse
  • Wedge Mobile Keyboard
  • Wedge Touch Mouse
  • Wireless Comfort Desktop 5000
  • Wireless Desktop 2000
  • Wireless Desktop 3000

Qualifying Products
Any product from any manufacturer with a sale price over $150 in any one (1) of the following categories.
  • Computers (including PCs, Macs, x86 Tablets, Android Tablets and iPads)
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #4104

Just a thought bros. SP3 has been marketed as a laptop replacement. In the first few days you have received your new toy, have you been using it as a laptop or as a tablet?

For me personally I have been using it as a laptop and I must say I am impressed by its speed (ok, I know it will slow down with time and when more apps and programs are added). my configuration is only i5/128 but I am really happy with it. The typing experience with the type cover is also very satisfactory. What about you?

Still have not found a screen protector though...maybe that's why I am still using it as a laptop

So far, I am using it more like a laptop.. The type cover pro is really much better to use than the old type cover..

I am also awaiting for my SP to come first before switching it to be a real tablet mode to read and write on.. Plus I try not to cover type cover keyboard over the screen.. I flip it around instead(the microfiber side of the typecover touch the screen..) Just worried that the keys might cause some micro scratches.

Also using as a laptop, I really hated the connected standby mode.. even if I shutdown, its never really shutdown, it can still wake up in my sleeve/bag while traveling. Once I disable the connected standby, its much better now... also battery life seems to be better (just a feeling only, may not be true) Plus for those who don't want the processor to overheat (like SP1) once connected standby is disable, you will have the maximum processor % to control, so you can limit your i7 or i5 to prevent it from going in to turboboost and overheat... I tried limiting mine to 599Mhz and using it to read PDF still pretty fast.

For those who wants to disable connected standby

Just run Regedit

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change it from 1 to 0

Last edited by picagen; 31-08-2014 at 08:07 PM..
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #4105
Arch-Supremacy Member

OMG arc touch surface edition sold out lolz
Old 31-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #4106
High Supremacy Member

Didn't know can open PDF in OneNote, drawboard Pdf is like normal PDF program just that straight away can make notes on it, don't need to do any extra steps, its setup nicely the way I like so for 6.99 no brained, this kind of price sure support developer
yup you can...in fact you can open anything in onenote.

just go to the software, go to print, then print to onenote

you can also set it to all be on one page by disabling the option "split multiple pages into sections" or something...
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #4107
Master Member

So far, I am using it more like a laptop.. The type cover pro is really much better to use than the old type cover..

I am also awaiting for my SP to come first before switching it to be a real tablet mode to read and write on.. Plus I try not to cover type cover keyboard over the screen.. I flip it around instead(the microfiber side of the typecover touch the screen..) Just worried that the keys might cause some micro scratches.

Also using as a laptop, I really hated the connected standby mode.. even if I shutdown, its never really shutdown, it can still wake up in my sleeve/bag while traveling. Once I disable the connected standby, its much better now... also battery life seems to be better (just a feeling only, may not be true) Plus for those who don't want the processor to overheat (like SP1) once connected standby is disable, you will have the maximum processor % to control, so you can limit your i7 or i5 to prevent it from going in to turboboost and overheat... I tried limiting mine to 599Mhz and using it to read PDF still pretty fast.

For those who wants to disable connected standby

Just run Regedit

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change it from 1 to 0
Thanks for the tip! So it doesn't actually do a proper shut down? Do you know how much battery it'll drain if you leave it shut for a day or half a day?
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #4108
Arch-Supremacy Member

Those planning to buy the surface from online store can now add microsoft complete warranty protection to the cart. 229 for it.
Tucksoon likes this.
Old 31-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #4109
Banned

Anyone encounter some weird issue using uTorrent ....everytime i try to download stuff, a big blue screen pop up say " Kernel Security Check Failure " than auto restart.

Some help would be greatly appreciated
eijnaix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #4110
Arch-Supremacy Member

now am in a dilemma whether to wait for broadwell update....also dunno when..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.