Microsoft Surface

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seriously, if there is no 3g or 4g, I really think it not working to it full potential.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think why pay 10 bucks for a dual sim every month.
My phone is always on me and gives my Surface LTE speed.
Because some people dun have to pay extra every month for an extra sim. :D And no need to see phone battery die together with tablet.

yogam1

Reaction score
Mobile Broadband Wireless Modem

Bros,

Does anyone know if Win RT Surface can connect to anyone of these Mobile Broadband Wireless Modems? Both the Huawei doesnt list Win 8 or RT in their specification, but if it works as WiFi hot spot, shouldnt the surface RT connect to it?

HUAWEI E5331 - HUAWEI E5331 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

HUAWEI E586 - HUAWEI E586 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Mobile Broadband PR39 Wireless Modem from Starhub?

Or any other mobile broadband modems for Surface RT?

Yogam.

Vulpix

Reaction score
So it won't arrive in January as originally planned, but better a little late than never, right? Microsoft just announced that its Surface Pro tablet will go on sale February 9th in the US and Canada, with wide retail availability beyond just Microsoft.com and Microsoft Stores. As you may have already read, the device will start at $899 for the 64GB model, and $999 for the 128GB version. Whichever you choose, a pressure-sensitive pen comes in the box; the keyboard does not (that'll be $120 or $130, depending on whether you get the Touch or Type Cover).

Microsoft Surface Pro on sale February 9th in the US and Canada, starts at $899

mocax

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the keyboard quite ex... :(

hope they fix the wear and tear problem...

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Bros,

Does anyone know if Win RT Surface can connect to anyone of these Mobile Broadband Wireless Modems? Both the Huawei doesnt list Win 8 or RT in their specification, but if it works as WiFi hot spot, shouldnt the surface RT connect to it?

HUAWEI E5331 - HUAWEI E5331 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

HUAWEI E586 - HUAWEI E586 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Mobile Broadband PR39 Wireless Modem from Starhub?

Or any other mobile broadband modems for Surface RT?

Yogam.
Hey Yogam, these MiFi will work when connected thru WiFi but wouldn't work via USB. Management is web-based so definitely no problem.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Samsung Smart PC is big, plasticky & doesn't look very nice. I would rather get the Acer W700.

brightangelus

Reaction score
Heh, sounds like it right?

Nah, I now wanna get the Pro, but I can't have both, right?

If I can't sell the RT, it isn't a problem. Perhaps I'm being a little opportunistic!

EDIT : Typo

Last edited:

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Heh, sounds like it right?

Nah, I'm now wanna get the Pro, but I can't have both, right?

If I can't sell the RT, it isn't a problem. Perhaps I'm being a little opportunistic!

Why can't you have both :s13:

The Pro is definitely more interesting than the RT. Frankly I'm not particularly impressed by the Tegra 3 processor, and the limited selection of apps is quite annoying.

A full blown Windows OS with touchscreen support in a tablet format will be welcome. The nice part about the Surface tablets is that generally they don't need covers / cases. The build is very durable and the kickstand makes it a breeze to use when you're at a table.

brightangelus

Reaction score
hey, I can't afford to keep buying tablets! (2 ipads and 1 surface rt already)

My problem with the Pro has always been that it was a tad too heavy and thick and the battery life is just not good enough. It is also expensive. At that price, it's not a difficult jump to a macbook air 11" (which starts at S$1268! - CNY special) which will be fully functional and has excellent battery life.

I also think having full W8 will just eat up memory, but it doesn't stop the itch in just trying something new. :p

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
hey, I can't afford to keep buying tablets! (2 ipads and 1 surface rt already)

My problem with the Pro has always been that it was a tad too heavy and thick and the battery life is just not good enough. It is also expensive. At that price, it's not a difficult jump to a macbook air 11" (which starts at S$1268! - CNY special) which will be fully functional and has excellent battery life.

I also think having full W8 will just eat up memory, but it doesn't stop the itch in just trying something new. :p

Heh... wasn't really serious about owning both the RT + Pro =:p.

The Air is an excellent device, but it's not really in the same category as the Pro. It doesn't have a touchscreen, weighs more and has no stylus. PPI will also be less... 135 ppi for the 11" Macbook Air as opposed to 208 ppi for the 10.6" Surface Pro. Note that the Retina Macbook Pro 13" has a ppi of 226, so the Surface Pro is very close to Retina levels.

Do you already own a MacBook? If not then you might want to get an Air instead, since you already have 2 tablets. Otherwise I'd probably choose the Surface Pro.

brightangelus

Reaction score
That's good advice, thanks.

I have an old old MB (white unibody) and wanted something light and long lasting purely for work. To me the iPad was inadequate. No USB, no Office. MBA is attractive, I admit, but the 11" MBA doesn't work with my office's virtual desktop program. That's why I was looking into a windows machine.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.