HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #421

A lil' miffed. Ordered one + red touch cover for my wife over the weekend. Waited an hour without a confirmation email. Went to the MS Store to check again and the stuff is in my cart. Deliberated and purchased again. Whaddya know, within 10mins I get two confirmation emails, sheesh.

Even better, I called up support 3 hours after my order experience, went through customer support to return it. Told it's gonna be okay, and I'll get my return email within 24hrs. Should have known something was up, nothing yesterday.

This morning, I get a "Sorry we couldn't process your return, the order was already processed". Good grief...
eapeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #422

Microsoft to offer at least 4 years of support for surface. Good news for those who already bought or going to get it.

Microsoft to offer at least four years of support for the Surface
My surface is still stuck at cgw

supposed to arrive today. but airway bill not even out yet.
stupid_manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #423

Smile

My surface is still stuck at cgw

supposed to arrive today. but airway bill not even out yet.
Oh sorry to hear that, for those who want it, I have immediate available Surface RT for sales.
chingkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #424

Oh sorry to hear that, for those who want it, I have immediate available Surface RT for sales.
Sigh... I bought it a day or 2 before your posting...
stupid_manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #425

A lil' miffed. Ordered one + red touch cover for my wife over the weekend. Waited an hour without a confirmation email. Went to the MS Store to check again and the stuff is in my cart. Deliberated and purchased again. Whaddya know, within 10mins I get two confirmation emails, sheesh.

Even better, I called up support 3 hours after my order experience, went through customer support to return it. Told it's gonna be okay, and I'll get my return email within 24hrs. Should have known something was up, nothing yesterday.

This morning, I get a "Sorry we couldn't process your return, the order was already processed". Good grief...
I guess we have another bro selling surface liao ..
chansl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #426

Heh trying to return it actually. Their email says:
"If you still do not desire the product(s) listed above, please refuse shipment from UPS."
Left word with CGW to do so, waiting for a reply. I think quite a slim chance they would. Probably will end up paying the 5 buck return processing fee instead, mumble grumble
Old 27-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #427

Now I remembered when I did my order, it never immediately send out confirmation email too. Maybe system overload, cannot process fast.

Last edited by chingkt; 27-11-2012 at 03:45 PM..
Old 27-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #428

Must be the Black Friday crowd
CGW says cannot ... sigh
Old 27-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #429

Must be the Black Friday crowd
CGW says cannot ... sigh
There'll probably be someone here willing to take it off your hands I guess. :/
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #430

Hi All,

Just to check, can WinRT used "Remote Desktop Connection" & connect to other PC e.g running Win7 or Win8??

Can it control those PC (Win7 or Win8 based x86 x64 program) & run the application within "Remote Desktop Connection"??

Rgds
draco76x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #431
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

Just to check, can WinRT used "Remote Desktop Connection" & connect to other PC e.g running Win7 or Win8??

Can it control those PC (Win7 or Win8 based x86 x64 program) & run the application within "Remote Desktop Connection"??

Rgds

there alot of alternative for remote access.. can try teamviewer. even can be used on ipad or android phone
Old 28-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #432

Hi All,

Rgds
This should help answer your question.
Microsoft's Surface RT: Using existing Windows apps remotely | ZDNet
Old 28-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #433

You can now by MS Surface from Amazon
GanCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #434

You can now by MS Surface from Amazon
The cheapest is $700 (32gb with cover) - USD or SG ? include or exclude tax?
chansl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #435

The cheapest is $700 (32gb with cover) - USD or SG ? include or exclude tax?
Prices listed on Amazon are in USD. You'll be taxed for items valued more than (I believe it was) S$400 when it gets shipped here.
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.