HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #4396
High Supremacy Member

Thanks but I've just done my back protector skin at SL SQ 5th level. It looks almost the same as the picture in the link I posted
looks awesome! how much did it cost?
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #4397
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

looks awesome! how much did it cost?
Done by hand. Paid $95 for the job
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 AM   #4398
High Supremacy Member

Old 07-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #4399

That's mine lah. I've it just done at the shop in SL SQ 5th level.

The black carbon fibre back protector skin gives a slight rough feeling for gripping. The fire red edges give a stunning sense of contrast between the blacks.

The applicator displays professionalism in his workmanship in manually cutting and applying the skin rather than those machine-stamped skin which you bought on the net. He also covered my pen holder location with the same back protector material so there appears only one colour from the back i.e. no difference between the grey colour pen holder and the black colour back protector.
very nice! can tell us name/unit number of shop?
alan_shearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #4400

Under change adv power settings, I only see desktop background settings, display brightness, power buttons and battery... no processor power management...
Oh.. you need to disable connected standby and make sure hyperV is not running.

To disable connected standby(InstantGo) please see my earlier post.
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 AM   #4401

That's mine lah. I've it just done at the shop in SL SQ 5th level.

The black carbon fibre back protector skin gives a slight rough feeling for gripping. The fire red edges give a stunning sense of contrast between the blacks.

The applicator displays professionalism in his workmanship in manually cutting and applying the skin rather than those machine-stamped skin which you bought on the net. He also covered my pen holder location with the same back protector material so there appears only one colour from the back i.e. no difference between the grey colour pen holder and the black colour back protector.
Yeah awesome... I never thought of it while only focusing... the back protector too.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #4402

my reaction too....
alan_shearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #4403
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

very nice! can tell us name/unit number of shop?

I think its lappy something. Can't remember exactly. It's in the back lane lah

Last edited by Apparatus; 07-09-2014 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #4404
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

my reaction too....

It's hand job and not you DIY using machine-stamped type which you buy from the net
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #4405
Master Member

This morning I woke up and took my SP3 out. And realised the sleeve I have it in was slightly warm... I took it out and the device was already powered on.

Anyone experienced this? I think I probably accidentally hit the power button while keeping it last night... It must have been on standby the entire time... and sucked away almost 40% of the power.

SP3 power button is single tab will power it up unlike tablets which take a long press to power from off state.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #4406

That's super EX...!!!

I guess the workmanship must be superb in order to command such high price?! You must be a very satisfied customer on the spot to willingly part this "kind" of money.
Ray1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #4407

This morning I woke up and took my SP3 out. And realised the sleeve I have it in was slightly warm... I took it out and the device was already powered on.

Anyone experienced this? I think I probably accidentally hit the power button while keeping it last night... It must have been on standby the entire time... and sucked away almost 40% of the power.

SP3 power button is single tab will power it up unlike tablets which take a long press to power from off state.
Yes, need to be careful. A one-single touch on the power button is enough to power on the Surface Pro 3 in an instant. The InstantGo feature drains your battery life over time...a price you need to pay for waking your device in an "instant"...

You can just disable it under Change PC Settings.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #4408
High Supremacy Member

I just applied the xtermeguard back protector using the wet application method and it went pretty well ...quite sleek and easy to put!
noobzpro likes this.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #4409

I just applied the xtermeguard back protector using the wet application method and it went pretty well ...quite sleek and easy to put!
When is batch 2 stock coming in

I am on Batch 2 MO
Old 07-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #4410

If you have connected standby(InstantGo) disable, you can actually set the sleep time to hibernate, I set mine to about 10mins.. in case accidently press power button, it will on, sleep for 10mins and go to hibernate.. so zero power drain...
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.