HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #436

Smile

Those who is looking for Surface RT 32GB with touch cover, PM me as I have 1 BNIB immediate availability.

Latest - Sold to a nice gentleman.

Last edited by chingkt; 29-11-2012 at 09:11 PM..
chingkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #437

Prices listed on Amazon are in USD. You'll be taxed for items valued more than (I believe it was) S$400 when it gets shipped here.
I think is in $SG .. because when it came out .. It is $599 with cover .. Now the Amazon website put $719 (32 with cover) by microsoft .. Cant be they inflat the price by 100 dollar plus ? It looks more like a discount as different companies at Amazon now pushing down the price ... FYI i logged into my account .. maybe they reflected in Singapore dollar since i register my nationality ?
chansl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #438
Master Member

I think is in $SG .. because when it came out .. It is $599 with cover .. Now the Amazon website put $719 (32 with cover) by microsoft .. Cant be they inflat the price by 100 dollar plus ? It looks more like a discount as different companies at Amazon now pushing down the price ... FYI i logged into my account .. maybe they reflected in Singapore dollar since i register my nationality ?
Those are prices in usd.. the retailers are marking up the price.
blue_line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #439

Those are prices in usd.. the retailers are marking up the price.
ICIC .. apologise for my dumbness ... I was happy at tt moment and then back to reality .. haha .. thought maybe i should get surface instead of note 10.1 for tt price .. haha
chansl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #440
High Supremacy Member

Does this gadget come with 4G services?
es0teric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #441
High Supremacy Member

Does this gadget come with 4G services?
wifi only for now.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #442
Supremacy Member

Comparison between Nexus 10 and Surface:

Part 1 focuses on web browsing. Part 2 compares the displays, basically higher resolution isn't necessarily better.

Judging from reviews it should easily last a full day with moderate to heavy usage. Based on Engadget's battery test it'll last around 9.5 hours of continuous video watching. Also it takes around 2 hours from nearly empty to 100% charge, which is pretty good.

No official apps at the moment, although there are third party Twitter apps. You can connect your Facebook/Twitter accounts and your news feed will show up in the People app. Works pretty well, or you can also just pin the website to the Start screen.
im using my surface for 4 days alr.. im a student who uses pdf, ppt, excel, word, music, internet browsing, social media and actively using it from 9am to 3pm then at home from 5pm to 12am. It can last me thru the whole day with 20% of battery left most of the time. wifi and Bluetooth always on and connected for me. smth I really like about it is that I only need about 2 hours to charge it while still using it from empty to full. For example now, this morning I charged it at 615am with 20% to start with. Now at 712am, it is already 70% while I'm using it to study for my exams. Love my surface. I've never used my laptop for 4 days alr. Surface meets my needs. Cheers
great to hear about the good battery performance.
impressive.

im waiting for the pro version. lets hope its going to be as impressive.
gibson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #443

anyone experiencing problems with their surface? Such as splitting touch cover, random muting, WiFi issues or choppy music playback?
whojiayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #444
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone experiencing problems with their surface? Such as splitting touch cover, random muting, WiFi issues or choppy music playback?
no splitting touch cover for me. 1 thing is that when i tried to pause a video there will be a loud buzzing sound...
lorettatay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #445

there was a known issue about the small tear near the connector area on the touch cover.

Surface users report Touch Cover splits and audio issues | The Verge
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #446
Supremacy Member

great to hear about the good battery performance.
impressive.

im waiting for the pro version. lets hope its going to be as impressive.
itz gonna be a pc price which is very very ex and itz a much lower end hardware than a pc...

seriously not worth it...
world weary likes this.
Old 29-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #447

Microsoft News | New Surface update KB 2756872 being pushed out, offering performance improvements, better battery life.

Have you updated yet? It's supposed to improve audio and video playback amongst other things.

itz gonna be a pc price which is very very ex and itz a much lower end hardware than a pc...

Much lower end? It's i5 with 4GB RAM, 1080p display and SSD which is pretty decent. The only problem is how much more it'll be compared to US prices.
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #448
Supremacy Member

the price is really the killer here, i really impressed with the ie 10 performance based on videos but not willing to fork out just for 1 outstanding feature to me...
Old 29-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #449

the spec should be somewhat similar to the existing ultrabook.
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #450

Microsoft News | New Surface update KB 2756872 being pushed out, offering performance improvements, better battery life.

Have you updated yet? It's supposed to improve audio and video playback amongst other things.
Very old update...we already have several others on top plus a firmware update.
Most of the issues fixed by now...
doctorweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.