Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #4486

Mine gotten its skin today ... loving it

wow where did u get it from?
xXshad0wXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #4487

Hi guys I am selling a BNIB freedom case for surface pro 1 and 2 for 50 dollars, same price as website without counting international shipping fee. Please pm me or contact 81225712 for fast reply.
derekcai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #4488
cy

Hi, just to share my case and glass protector screen bought off evilbay. Total damage (include shipping) USD37.

Sorry about the finger prints. I'm poor in applying screen protectors.

Last edited by cy; 09-09-2014 at 11:48 PM..
cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #4489
Master Member

Got link for the case?
Niaoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #4490
cy

PM me..... just found out that the seller's price went up after i bought mine But there are plenty in evilbay. They are all about the same.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #4491

Got link for the case?
The case is quite similar to the one I got from Qoo10

Price + Shipping = S$30.98 + S$3.30 = S$34.28

danielgohww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #4492
cy

The case is quite similar to the one I got from Qoo10

Price + Shipping = S$30.98 + S$3.30 = S$34.28

Yeah, i reckon they are the same from the pics. Quality is not bad.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:49 AM   #4493
Arch-Supremacy Member

New Intel drivers give up to 30% performance boost for Surface Pro 3 - Neowin

go download guys!
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:39 AM   #4494

Installed... now with driver 3907

Set it for max battery performance.. no noticeable improvement, except got the new intel HD graphic Control Panel...

See how it goes...
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #4495

Be careful with the Intel drivers. I used Intel's drivers for my SP1 for a while before realizing that they cause a higher battery drain in return for that extra performance, although that performance was quite significant. Useful for gaming, especially when I was playing DotA 2 on that thing (about a 5-10 fps increase), but eventually I reverted to Microsoft's drivers for the SP1. Microsoft's drivers are supposedly customized versions of the Intel drivers for the Surfaces after all.

Anyway, there's a rather large firmware update for the SP3 that I just downloaded. One of the problems it's supposed to solve is WiFi instability and throttling. Since my SP3 never encountered that problem, I'll have to leave it to the other folks here to judge whether the update is successful or not
RequiemDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:31 AM   #4496
Arch-Supremacy Member

anybody bought the red type cover? im torn between red and cyan! have seen the cyan in real life looks bright and lively...red not at all
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #4497

I am also contemplating which model to buy. Waiting for the restock coz everywhere sold out.

Though I wanted so much the 512GB (knowing I got more space to install ore program, the i7 price is too steep like what u mention. And also I read about the heat issue for i7. Thus with that, I'm considering something in between... i5 256GB. Hopefully it is sufficient in long run... and i5 allows me to do at least photoshop application smoothly.

Not sure if ever there will be free type cover thrown in during x'mas sales.... but I think I better grab the student 10% deals before it ends..... get some help for that ...

Any other advice for SP3. I've been a Mac user (switch from window last time). Now going back again to try ....

First off, you need to know your needs first.. the amount of programs you need to install, the type of programs and amount of memories required.. You choose that first, cause if you need 8GB of memories, you need to choose the i5/8GB/256GB.

If 4GB RAM is ok for you, how much space does your programs takes? You don't install it outside the SP3 to your external HDD.. programs should stay with your SP3. So if your programs are bigger than 30GB, please don't get the i3/4GB/64GB version... Just go for the i5/4GB/128GB version instead..

i5 may get hot, but there are ways to work around it. (like you can manually throttle it down)

but if you get the i3 and you ran out of space to install your programs, pushing it to microSD is slower, but you still face data space constrain.

Your HDD is great as a home dock desktop mode for the sp3.. but not to install programs in it.. to hold your movies, your huge collections of art and many large stuffs...

Looking at the heat issue, its not too much of a problem if you don't mind slowing it down.. i5 can be cool by not letting it clock up. The throttling issue you hear is the system forcing the i5 to slow down as its getting too hot, so it only gets hot because its running too fast too hot for the system cooling system to handle.. But clocking down a i5 down looses both heat and its speed advantages over the i3.. in fact it almost brings it on par.

So the considering factor isn't i3 or i5 its memories and SSD space..

64GB model fits my needs of what programs I want to run in the SP3 (as a mobile machine) I am not going to pay another $250 just for another 64GB of SSD space. All SP3 has the same screen, pen, battery, kickstand.

But if you need more space, or more memory, 64GB model is not your choice, please don't think of installing your programs in a external HDD or microSD.. those are for your datas...

You know thy self better
mako140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #4498
High Supremacy Member

Got new firmware update for our SP3s

Just installed it, not sure how much better it works, but some people said they removed the throttling.

Anyway, anyone keen on getting the MIME Glass Protectors or has already gotten it?
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #4499

Those who had initiated a return of the surface 3, which is the best channel to do it ? i tried thru the live chat no luck. they say have to go direct thru the surface team, which i will be doing later.

I am very disappointed and have lost faith in microsoft. Better pray that your unit have no problem. otherwise it will be a big merry go round before your problem is solved, or not.
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #4500
High Supremacy Member

Those who had initiated a return of the surface 3, which is the best channel to do it ? i tried thru the live chat no luck. they say have to go direct thru the surface team, which i will be doing later.

I am very disappointed and have lost faith in microsoft. Better pray that your unit have no problem. otherwise it will be a big merry go round before your problem is solved, or not.
Best to call. Their live chat ppl cmi one. The ppl on the phone have more "powers"
minute_me likes this.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.