HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #4501

Those who had initiated a return of the surface 3, which is the best channel to do it ? i tried thru the live chat no luck. they say have to go direct thru the surface team, which i will be doing later.

I am very disappointed and have lost faith in microsoft. Better pray that your unit have no problem. otherwise it will be a big merry go round before your problem is solved, or not.
Call them with a phone. There's no better way to do this.
minute_me likes this.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #4502

Those who had initiated a return of the surface 3, which is the best channel to do it ? i tried thru the live chat no luck. they say have to go direct thru the surface team, which i will be doing later.

I am very disappointed and have lost faith in microsoft. Better pray that your unit have no problem. otherwise it will be a big merry go round before your problem is solved, or not.
yeah this gens sp3 isnt perfect yet alot of issues such as heating etc. better wait till new processor launch, broadwell or skylake. this might actually solve the heating problems
xXshad0wXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #4503
cy

Hi guys, sorry for asking a noob question. I see that some of you can set e processor speed under power option. I had followed the steps to disable Hyper-v. But e option is still not available. Any kind soul can help drop me a PM or post here w e steps required? Thanks in advance
cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #4504

Call them with a phone. There's no better way to do this.
anyone know which number to call ? i called the number given by the live chat person. say only surface pro team can do return. then they transfer me to microsoft store... wtf
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #4505

Hi guys, sorry for asking a noob question. I see that some of you can set e processor speed under power option. I had followed the steps to disable Hyper-v. But e option is still not available. Any kind soul can help drop me a PM or post here w e steps required? Thanks in advance

You need to disable connected standby(InstantGo)

Just run Regedit

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled

Change it from 1 to 0
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #4506

Be careful with the Intel drivers. I used Intel's drivers for my SP1 for a while before realizing that they cause a higher battery drain in return for that extra performance, although that performance was quite significant. Useful for gaming, especially when I was playing DotA 2 on that thing (about a 5-10 fps increase), but eventually I reverted to Microsoft's drivers for the SP1. Microsoft's drivers are supposedly customized versions of the Intel drivers for the Surfaces after all.

Anyway, there's a rather large firmware update for the SP3 that I just downloaded. One of the problems it's supposed to solve is WiFi instability and throttling. Since my SP3 never encountered that problem, I'll have to leave it to the other folks here to judge whether the update is successful or not

Hi,

Thanks for the warning..

So far, I actually don't see any performance improvement (ran some OpenCL programs, nothing much) But what I do notice is there is a slight drop in power drain when system is totally idle (like doing nothing) drop from about 3.5watts to 2.5watts which Is good for ebook reading as with that kind of drain, it would be about 11hours of reading.. have not done a full test.. need to find time to do...

Last edited by picagen; 10-09-2014 at 01:22 PM..
picagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #4507
Master Member

actually those people returning... what are the issues?

Heat? Or is it the warpping issue?

I think heat issues cannot avoid one leh. it's thin and runs a powerful processor. Of course will get hot.

Although my bluetooth issue is getting on my nerves... my bluetooth speaker still drops connection if i don't have sound playing through it... and still have to go turn the bluetooth off and on to get it back again.... but it's a problem I can live with I suppose.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #4508
High Supremacy Member

anyone know which number to call ? i called the number given by the live chat person. say only surface pro team can do return. then they transfer me to microsoft store... wtf
Call MS Store. They're the most helpful so far from my experience.

1-800-818-5224
minute_me likes this.
~大.芒.果~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #4509

surface pro

was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the surface pro? cant seem to find it in stores or online
limyw62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #4510

Hi, just to share my case and glass protector screen bought off evilbay. Total damage (include shipping) USD37.

Sorry about the finger prints. I'm poor in applying screen protectors.
Got the same glass screen protector from taobao, about SDG$13 before shipping. Easy to apply and nice to write on. Not as silky smooth as on the unprotected glass, but much smoother than the usual soft screen protectors. It doesn't cover right to the edge like the one available locally but its ok for me
kenshinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #4511
Master Member

was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the surface pro? cant seem to find it in stores or online
http://www.microsoftstore.com/mssg/en-sg/store/catalog/product/300530300
savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #4512

You could have saved some trouble if you had read the return policy on the ms store website. You can only do a return by calling the Microsoft store. The livechat is useless.

Once you call the right people the process is a breeze.

Also you might want to read the terms and conditions of the return policy to make sure you return the item properly so you get your refund.
minute_me likes this.
sianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #4513
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah ordered this morning now shipped liao
noobzpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #4514

You could have saved some trouble if you had read the return policy on the ms store website. You can only do a return by calling the Microsoft store. The livechat is useless.

Once you call the right people the process is a breeze.

Also you might want to read the terms and conditions of the return policy to make sure you return the item properly so you get your refund.
I tried a few times on live chat. all tell me the same thing, wait for 24 to 72 hours. but nothing happen. Just called today and have to wait again.

Did you get a shipping label ? 1st time, i was told they will send me a shipping label. then subsequently, they told me someone will just come and collect the item, no shipping label is necessary in Singapore.

I have the original box and everything minus the plastic bag that contain the chargers etc. DO we need to pack it in a box like when they ship to us ?
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #4515
Master Member

wah ordered this morning now shipped liao
Which model did you order?
LoneReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.