HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #4636
E_T
Master Member

Seeing as how some people are treating the buy and return policy like a risk free trial, I think MS might do away with this benefit..at least for Singapore lol.
And yet this is the way business is done in USA. Singapore is such a small place, you would think it'll be easier to do refunds.

I think whoever MS contract to do logistics CMI.
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 01:56 AM   #4637

Seeing as how some people are treating the buy and return policy like a risk free trial, I think MS might do away with this benefit..at least for Singapore lol.
Despite certain issues, i actually like the surface pro 3. However, for that kind of money i paid, i expect to get a product with more quality control, not like a curve screen and with the back surface uneven. i don't think you would have accepted it if you see there are physical defects in a retail store and would have asked them to open another set.
minute_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 02:51 AM   #4638

Hey just wondering if any of you who bought an SP3 at the comex or after, got a unit with the dreaded yellow screen? For those who dont know, the yellow screen is located at the left side of the screen, a thin yellow line of about 0.7cm wide covering the entire left side of the screen, between the bezel and the actual screen. Its currently an ongoing discussion over at reddit.

Anyone know how to claim for an exchange? How long do we have after the purchase date to claim an exchange? Is this covered under warranty?

Btw my lot number is 1432
wilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #4639

Currently facing similar issue....

Chat with an online guy to confirm got stock on 2 Sep, placed order immediately for an i7 with warranty compelete.... Warranty complete $299.00 instantly charge my credit card... Surface pro no charge... I know something wrong liao

Now 16 Sep liao.... Call them, chat them a few time for the past week... simi sai all done...

They just keep giving emotionless reply ma chiam robot saying case have been passed to higher level management that will contact me within 24-48 hours.

But this 24-48 hour I heard it last Thursday... Say will give email. Today evening still no news or email, I call again... Say give them another 24-48 hour....

First time I spend money felt so helpless and so much anger build up... #@$&%
What I heard is the Singapore Customer Service is completely powerless.
All escalations and requests are handled by the US side.
Hence, this is why its so slow.

My first partial refund is done, I need my other half. Its been two weeks already.
They are defacto the worst customer service in history I've ever experienced.
Apple is so much farther than them, and they deserve to be.
Disappointing.
Livewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #4640

Despite certain issues, i actually like the surface pro 3. However, for that kind of money i paid, i expect to get a product with more quality control, not like a curve screen and with the back surface uneven. i don't think you would have accepted it if you see there are physical defects in a retail store and would have asked them to open another set.
I agree for defective sets a full refund or replacement should be given.. however for perfectly fine and working sets it might be bad for MS since effectively they have lost money (shipping, new sets to refurbished, etc).

Due to consumer rights laws in the US this is the practice over there, its probably easier to process refunds than to face thousands of lawsuits from consumers. Such laws are not extensive in Singapore unfortunately.
Nirvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #4641
Master Member

ok ah, not too bad.

it's free
yeah. It's not THAT bad. and I like the sling... my sleeve I am using now has no sling. so have to hand carry it.

I just wished I knew they were sending it to me. Then I wouldn't have bought that sleeve...
Old 16-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #4642

Yeah it appears their customer service has many layers. The person on the phone cannot really help you directly must go to another system or department to get the actual info.

Yes they have a long way to catch apple but they only started in 2013. Apple has been selling hardware since day 1
sianz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #4643

no le bro i set my updates to manual de....and the first thing i did out of the box was to do windows update

no problem bro.....tbh i feel quite sad needing to return it

hmmm what browser are you using? im using fire fox and all my test is running on battery because thats the way i will probably be using most of the time. i still got a few more days before they come collect will be bringing it to school next few days see how it goes
Could your problem be Firefox? I find Firefox poorly optimised for win8
Old 16-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #4644
E_T
Master Member

Yeah it appears their customer service has many layers. The person on the phone cannot really help you directly must go to another system or department to get the actual info.

Yes they have a long way to catch apple but they only started in 2013. Apple has been selling hardware since day 1
True. MS had always been a software company until Surface. Keyboard/Mice & other peripherals are thrown away unlike laptops.

That's why MS acquire Nokia is a good thing. In future, they can use those Nokia service centers for Surface RMA. Right now, there's a worldwide shortage so replacements are hard to come by & MS overseas refund procedures are very rigid.

I had issues with their Office 365 Business Premium change of subscription. They can't do anything so I had to do SWIFT international money transfer. Dam layche.

Last edited by E_T; 16-09-2014 at 04:09 PM..
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #4645

The courier from some company finally came to take my surface pro 3 . Let's hope they don't choot pattern and refund me in full, promptly.

I am thinking of buying another one but after experiencing such service support, i am really thinking if I should .

Should have return my type cover too.......now have to see who wants to buy it.....may let go at 40% discount.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #4646

wah,

why so good give 40%.
Old 16-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #4647

The courier from some company finally came to take my surface pro 3 . Let's hope they don't choot pattern and refund me in full, promptly.

I am thinking of buying another one but after experiencing such service support, i am really thinking if I should .

Should have return my type cover too.......now have to see who wants to buy it.....may let go at 40% discount.
No they wouldn't.
It's been two weeks, they haven't give me my $100 refund.
They keep saying we'll be in touch in 24 hours, my ass.
Livewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #4648

You probably have to wait a week or 10 days..
Old 16-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #4649

No they wouldn't.
It's been two weeks, they haven't give me my $100 refund.
They keep saying we'll be in touch in 24 hours, my ass.
I return surface pro that cost 2000+ .....not a small sum man....if they dont' return, think need to go small claims lodge a report. hopefully can get the refund before i pay my CC bill at the end of the month.

the customer serivce really like robot like that....can't do shxt when you ask them questions about your case.....they say they cannot see anything on the computer screen because they are encrypted and all the BS....

and their standard script is wait for 24 to 72 hours while they escalate the matter to higher level. and that bloody customer service can say that they have met my expectation of 24 to 72 hours......bloody hell i heard that 3 times..... 3x 72 hours of waiting and they keep saying wait for 24 to 72 hours each time 72 hours has passed.

Last edited by minute_me; 16-09-2014 at 06:25 PM..
Old 16-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #4650

wah,

why so good give 40%.
you want ? .....too much discount maybe 30% lor.....
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.