Microsoft Surface

Reborns

Reaction score
Hmmm guys if i buy from microsoft us web will there be any warranty in singapore

anything not buy locally do not have local warranty
from mouse to keyboard to computer

$(#&%*#%&*# :(

cuz i was trying to claim warranty for a mouse

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Then why not the samsung activ since it runs atom as well. does the lenovo tablet have full hd screen?
Samsung ATIV PC is plastic & doesn't feel as well-built as the Thinkpad 2.

I tried both during MS Windows 8 launch at the Esplanade.

From my memory, the ATIV PC has larger screen 12". Thinkpad 2 is 11" with aluminum chassis. Both same resolution.

The Thinkpad is also lighter but I think the ATIV PC has slightly better battery life due to a bigger battery. IIRC, the Thinkpad also have a SED SSD.

CherylW

Reaction score
Type type type type type type type....

Well I own the touch cover and I find it ... difficult to use for rapid typing. You can get used to it, but the lack of a tactile response makes it feel odd, especially when there is a certain pressure threshold before a keypress registers, unlike when typing on a capacitive screen.

Thanks for sharing. I do find the touch quite cool though, it looks very sleek.

What is good about splurging on a Type cover? Any difference using this as compared to a wireless bluetooth keyboard.

I wish I could walk into a store this moment. Its like imagining in my head.

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I do find the touch quite cool though, it looks very sleek.

What is good about splurging on a Type cover? Any difference using this as compared to a wireless bluetooth keyboard.

I wish I could walk into a store this moment. Its like imagining in my head.

Frankly I'm mostly going via reviews / my personal experience on the touch cover. As you mentioned, it does boil down to personal preference at the end.

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
For the record, I ordered a Surface Pro 128GB coupled with a Type Keyboard using my Amex card and without going into the details, the entire cost added up to SG$1530 - not a small price. Just a heads up for anyone else considering it.

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
remember to GPGT when it arrived.

when coming?

It actually came on Tuesday, but I've been pretty busy so I didn't get to play much with it. The screen is much better than the Surface RT's.

Some pics (unfortunately my photography is pretty bad):

You'll notice the pen that magnetically attaches on the right:

iy4lJLtdvMcFc.jpg

Chrome on the Surface Pro. Most pages default to 100% scaling however, but 150% is generally more useable (top is 150%, bottom is 100%):

ibtXAxksVCnmJY.jpg

The type cover came in a separate package from the Pro itself:

i2JSGc5hOp1hi.jpg

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Conflicted now... Lenovo Thinkpad 2 or Surface Pro.

So far haven't read any reviewer switch to Power Saving mode which limits Core i5-3317 to 800Mhz which is make it act like the new 7w SDP Ivy Bridge. Wonder if it'll give 1 extra hour of battery. At 800Mhz, it's still crazy fast!

The Verge just did a review on the Thinkpad 2: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 review | The Verge

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.