HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #511
Banned

Are you Surface owners enjoying the ugly screen and lack of apps?? )
beerope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #512
High Supremacy Member

Dun find the screen ugly but indeed not enuf apps.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #513
High Supremacy Member

yeah.. no choice when it is a gift.. i got myself an ipad mini however..

but i am sure you are one who will never understand the finelines built of this machine from MS...

touch screen... good keypad flip cover.. good battery life + office 2013 skydrive cloud capability..

we still go a mile further than an android pad or an apple even with lack of apps or ugly screenby your books.

fyi.. I have apple and android devices myself.

Can't say i love microsoft... but i am a user of MS since 1987 from MS DOS 3.1

dir/w!
SecretAgent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #514

Finally got my SurfaceRt 32gb with blue touch cover! My sis bought it for me from the states and Im loving it so far! HW is really wonderful and keyboard is definitely easy to use.
I really wanted to buy it here but Microsoft SG is still not sure when so i had it purchased in the US!

One problem i noticed for Windows 8 in general (i also upgraded my Win7 PC to Win8) is that when you use your microsoft acct as the main account, people app wont load FB and twitter. Once i changed it to a local acct, people acct will function normally. Dunno why this happens to my acct. Anybody encountered this problem?
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #515

Dun find the screen ugly but indeed not enuf apps.
Don't feed the troll, he must stay under his bridge.
LastBattle likes this.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #516
Master Member

Any ideas when is the exact launch date for the pro version?
And also, is there any sites that is doing pre-order?
SouthWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #517

Haha...have you even seen the screen? Guess not...
gigigigi, Naz_15, whojiayi and 1 others like this.
doctorweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #518

Finally got my SurfaceRt 32gb with blue touch cover! My sis bought it for me from the states and Im loving it so far! HW is really wonderful and keyboard is definitely easy to use.
I really wanted to buy it here but Microsoft SG is still not sure when so i had it purchased in the US!

One problem i noticed for Windows 8 in general (i also upgraded my Win7 PC to Win8) is that when you use your microsoft acct as the main account, people app wont load FB and twitter. Once i changed it to a local acct, people acct will function normally. Dunno why this happens to my acct. Anybody encountered this problem?
I don't have this problem on my surface, not on my pc either. Try reinstalling the people app, or relink your fb and twitter acc to ur windows acc?
whojiayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #519

I don't have this problem on my surface, not on my pc either. Try reinstalling the people app, or relink your fb and twitter acc to ur windows acc?
What I am not able to get is the Linked In feeds. But when I go online to manage the connected accounts, it says that the feeds will be pushed to Inbox & Windows Phone! Does it mean not to tablet?

Twitter & FB works for me too.
yogam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #520

If Surface is about 7-8inch size & with 3g support, I will purchase it but too bad due to current size it offer, I'm holding back my purchase.

So far, I used Win8 on my old laptop without any touch screen, getting used to it's metro apps & the layout. But still hope to get it with a "touch Enable" screen to try out the Win8.

Let see whether Microsoft will release the next Surface 2 in next year with different size to let consumer to choose.
draco76x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #521

Oh i already tried those (i cant even find the PEOPLE app in the store - must have missed it) but didnt work for me. so i reverted the PC back to factory settings and just used a local acct and set my hotmail accts one by one (like on xbox games, music, etc). There must be some conflicts somewhere that i dont know about...
Old 13-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #522

If you have spent enough time using Surface you will realised that there are many Flash based sites that IE 10 will not display. This is really disappointing because IE 10 does support Flash and technically can display those site but Microsoft maintains a whitelist that controls which site can use Flash on IE10. This is a shame because Flash support is one of the main advantage of Win 8 over iOS and Android.

Well, the good news is Win 8 is Windows and unlike iOS can be hacked and tweaked. There is now a hack to enable IE10 to support any Flash based website.

Check this out.
How to enable flash on Windows 8 IE | Microsoft Windows & Office News & Updates

I have make the changes on my surface and it works !

BTW, this is not specific to surface RT but a Win 8 'feature' so Surface Pro and Win 8 on desktop have the same limitation until you apply the fix.
LastBattle and echoblue like this.
GanCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #523

i need some advise here on the music app.

I tricked Surface to think the microSD card as an internal drive so its able to read my music directly from the app. One problem for the xbox music app is it doesnt pickup/detect all the music from my microsd card but instead a few albums only and those from xbox store appears(which i didnt download but shows up on my list probably based om my music history). Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Btw, the surface gave me a scare last night. When i took out my card, it was difficulty to put it back in the microsd slot (the spring kept pushing it out). I eventually slotted it in a slight angle and the slot now managed to hold the card in. Now im concerned whether to take it out again!

Last edited by echoblue; 13-12-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 13-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #524

i need some advise here on the music app.

I tricked Surface to think the microSD card as an internal drive so its able to read my music directly from the app. One problem for the xbox music app is it doesnt pickup/detect all the music from my microsd card but instead a few albums only and those from xbox store appears(which i didnt download but shows up on my list probably based om my music history). Any ideas on how to remedy this?
For me this works fine (assume you used mklink to create shortcut directories).
But you really need to wait quite a while after opening the music app, until it has scanned everything and did the library update. Music app must be open in the foreground.
doctorweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #525

For me this works fine (assume you used mklink to create shortcut directories).
But you really need to wait quite a while after opening the music app, until it has scanned everything and did the library update. Music app must be open in the foreground.
can you expound further on this mklink? What is it and how do you do this?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.