HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #526

Finally got my SurfaceRt 32gb with blue touch cover! My sis bought it for me from the states and Im loving it so far! HW is really wonderful and keyboard is definitely easy to use.
I really wanted to buy it here but Microsoft SG is still not sure when so i had it purchased in the US!

One problem i noticed for Windows 8 in general (i also upgraded my Win7 PC to Win8) is that when you use your microsoft acct as the main account, people app wont load FB and twitter. Once i changed it to a local acct, people acct will function normally. Dunno why this happens to my acct. Anybody encountered this problem?
this shouldn't be happening. it working fine on my windows 8 pc.

did you look into the setting?
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #527

this shouldn't be happening. it working fine on my windows 8 pc.

did you look into the setting?
Yes, nothing suspiciously wrong with the settings. I am really confused why this happened. im using my hotmail on multiple devices though (Several phones and PCs), not sure if thats the problem...
echoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #528

Yes, nothing suspiciously wrong with the settings. I am really confused why this happened. im using my hotmail on multiple devices though (Several phones and PCs), not sure if thats the problem...
definitely not a isse with using it on multiple device because i connect my hotmail to my windows 8 pc, windows phone and outlook client
ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #529

I don't remember if I had to sign in on Facebook or if it was automatically added because I've already connected Facebook to my Microsoft Account. You could try doing that, or if you've already done so, try disconnecting and re-connecting your Facebook account.

Same as ashhong, I'm also using multiple devices so that shouldn't be the problem.
phazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #530
Master Member

Anyone have found a 3G dongle that's NDIS 6.3 compatible? I was looking for one for my Surface.

--
On a side note, if anyone is looking for Surface RT. Try http://Expansys.com.sg I got mine for S$833 [32GB + Black Touch Cover].

lol after numerous torture by my baby siblings my touch cover finally splitted in the middle......... has permanent marker ink on it too, but luckily its black so its not obvious
Saw this, been pretty careful every time I handle that

Last edited by LastBattle; 04-01-2013 at 07:37 PM..
LastBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #531
High Supremacy Member

Can I confirm that the Window RT cannot install any addition software unlike Window 8?

Last edited by es0teric; 06-01-2013 at 06:29 PM..
es0teric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #532

Anybody knows how much of the internal memory is accessible after taking into account the OS? And can I load my documents, powerpoints, movies etc into the microsd card?
tomtan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #533
High Supremacy Member

Can I confirm that the Window RT cannot install any addition software unlike Window 8?
Can only install software made for Windows RT.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #534
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone have found a 3G dongle that's NDIS 6.3 compatible? I was looking for one for my Surface.

--
On a side note, if anyone is looking for Surface RT. Try Select Your Country - Expansys.com UK I got mine for S$833 [32GB + Black Touch Cover].

Saw this, been pretty careful every time I handle that
Surface with Windows RT - Microsoft Store Online
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #535
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody knows how much of the internal memory is accessible after taking into account the OS? And can I load my documents, powerpoints, movies etc into the microsd card?
My understanding is OS has its own 2G memory.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #536

just got my surface a few hours ago.
anybody knows of any apps to play videos? preferably supports a multitude of formats.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #537
High Supremacy Member

anybody knows of any apps to play videos? preferably supports a multitude of formats.
Good luck with that. You're pretty much in for a wait I guess.

VLC for the new Windows 8 User Experience ("Metro") by VideoLAN — Kickstarter
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #538

Good luck with that. You're pretty much in for a wait I guess.

VLC for the new Windows 8 User Experience ("Metro") by VideoLAN — Kickstarter
Thanks for the help. hmm really looking forward to the release. anyway, my initial impressions with Surface RT is that: so far, so good. my only main gripe is the lack of apps. hopefully that will change in time to come.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #539

No separate Memory for the OS, it's in the main. RAM is 2GB, though.
There will be a 4GB recovery partition and the OS will take out 14GB. So beware...if you only get the 32GB, half of it will be gone by default.
The SD card is just a regular drive. You can do with it what you please. You just need to play around a bit with virtual/dynamic links (mklink) to include folders on the SDcard in your dynamic libraries...but no biggie.
I have a 64GB plus a 64GB MicroSD. Space aplenty. And I keep all media on the SD, so I can swap it between Surface and my Series7 Slate.
doctorweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #540

Try MobileHD player, one of the better ones including network playback. Still no mkv though
Twisticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.