HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #5611
Master Member

Sellling SP (Latest) i5, 128G, 4GB RAM, used for only one day.
Tip top brand new condition, full packaging & accessories with receipt

Selling for $1,250

SMS 9007 5854
gardiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #5612

I just got it yesterday.
They gave me SP4 i7 8GB RAM 256GB.
My previous one was SP3 i5 8GB RAM 256GB.

Replacement warranty only 3 months.
Beware of screen flickering issue that plagues SP4.

Don't be too happy.
mindgamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #5613

Beware of screen flickering issue that plagues SP4.

Don't be too happy.
Does your SP4 flicker? How many months of normal usage before it starts flickering?
pai000000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 02:28 PM   #5614

Hey guys, I bought my SP4 last year online from Microsoft website. However right now my SP4 totally can't turn on at all.

Instead of shipping my surface back to the US, can I get technical help in SG?
kohkindachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:04 AM   #5615

Does your SP4 flicker? How many months of normal usage before it starts flickering?
18 months after use.
mindgamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #5616

Hey guys, I bought my SP4 last year online from Microsoft website. However right now my SP4 totally can't turn on at all.

Instead of shipping my surface back to the US, can I get technical help in SG?
https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-finall...ith-1825992970
shanrui_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #5617
Supremacy Member

Microsoft Finally Agrees to Replace Surface Pro 4s With Horrible Screen Flickering That Can't Be Patched

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #5618
Master Member

My surface pro 3 connector with the typewrite keyboard has stopped working. I have tried all methods like hard restarting and resetting the keyboard and even with a new Microsoft keyboard, which still didn't work. Anyone knows if Microsoft replaces the connector and if yes, how much would that be please?

Edit: just tried to create a repair order and there is a SGD849 charge since it is out of warranty. Damn.

Last edited by Spongy; 24-05-2018 at 11:32 AM..
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #5619
Supremacy Member

My surface pro 3 connector with the typewrite keyboard has stopped working. I have tried all methods like hard restarting and resetting the keyboard and even with a new Microsoft keyboard, which still didn't work. Anyone knows if Microsoft replaces the connector and if yes, how much would that be please?

Edit: just tried to create a repair order and there is a SGD849 charge since it is out of warranty. Damn.
Donít waste your money. Daylight robbery.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #5620
E_T
Master Member

If Microsoft charges you $$$, it is because they will replace a new similar spec Surface Pro for you.

So you are basically paying 849 for a new Surface Pro (4th-gen) most likely...
Old 03-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #5621

Microsoft’s support is horrendous on the phone. I gotta repeat myself alot alot of times. One simple request of buying Microsoft Complete can take forever.
manofsorrows is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:06 AM   #5622

I just got it yesterday.
They gave me SP4 i7 8GB RAM 256GB.
My previous one was SP3 i5 8GB RAM 256GB.

Replacement warranty only 3 months.
You mean you send in SP3 then they replace you a SP4? Sounds like quite a worthwhile deal!
SHaKuA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #5623

Like to check here is there are any advice that could be given.

I having a SP3, and just a few days ago my cover keyboard stopped working (I know I should try attach another keyboard to test, but I don't have any friends using Surface Pro for me to lend a keyboard to try.)

I googled and tried most of the steps below (less full reset which I am reluctant to).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...er-or-keyboard

1. For Hardware Manager, is there supposingly a driver for "Surface Type Cover filter device"? I only can find "HID Keyboard Device" but after updating this driver etc, still don't work. I can't find any link to download the fore-mentioned driver.

2. Ran Surface Diagnostic Software available on Microsoft website with no errors found.

3. Since there is no official Microsoft Support Centre here, any repair shops able to recommend for Diagnostic/ reasonable repair cost?

TIA.
mirage_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 04:07 PM   #5624
Master Member

Like to check here is there are any advice that could be given.

I having a SP3, and just a few days ago my cover keyboard stopped working (I know I should try attach another keyboard to test, but I don't have any friends using Surface Pro for me to lend a keyboard to try.)

I googled and tried most of the steps below (less full reset which I am reluctant to).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...er-or-keyboard

1. For Hardware Manager, is there supposingly a driver for "Surface Type Cover filter device"? I only can find "HID Keyboard Device" but after updating this driver etc, still don't work. I can't find any link to download the fore-mentioned driver.

2. Ran Surface Diagnostic Software available on Microsoft website with no errors found.

3. Since there is no official Microsoft Support Centre here, any repair shops able to recommend for Diagnostic/ reasonable repair cost?

TIA.
I would also like to know if there are any shops in SG that can repair the keyboard connector.
Spongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 08:55 PM   #5625

I would also like to know if there are any shops in SG that can repair the keyboard connector.
In the end, I goggled and went to one of the repair shops around Kallang.

They quoted me $800+ to change the motherboard etc, so of cos I didnt continue. Now using a Bluetooth keyboard instead
mirage_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.